Author Topic: light that is powered from the heat of your hand.  (Read 2232 times)

Offline caverdude

• Survivalist Mentor
  • larrydgray.net
    • blog dot Larry D Gray dot net
light that is powered from the heat of your hand.
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: light that is powered from the heat of your hand.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »
The kid gets points for ingenuity, but I can't imagine it being very bright or practical. I could be wrong though.

I wish she'd showed it illuminating an area rather than shining it right at the camera.

Offline caverdude

• Survivalist Mentor
  • larrydgray.net
    • blog dot Larry D Gray dot net
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »
The kid gets points for ingenuity, but I can't imagine it being very bright or practical. I could be wrong though.

I wish she'd showed it illuminating an area rather than shining it right at the camera.

Might put out as much light as a small chem light. Could be handy for using to find another light in your pack or for working on a light maybe. Point well taken though.

A friend of mine says that there are experiments where a group of people get together and hold hands and light a small LED with electricity from their bodies. I have yet to see this one.

Offline Vakota

• Prepper
    • North Dakota Disaster Preparedness (ND DP)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »
Woa! really cool! Imagine where this tech could take us if developed further.  Yea the light may not be very bright yet, but this is an emerging tech.... and by a kid who probably doesn't have a lot of research funding. 

Who knows - could be the next Big 'Thing'!