Author Topic: A sheath for your wee TSP stabby!  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
A sheath for your wee TSP stabby!
« on: July 14, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »
TSP forum member Kangaroo Joe made y'all some SWEET sheaths for your little TSP Trekkers. We're selling them through the gear shop. They are so incredibly super nice that I'd almost like to say they are made of pure win. But ... alas, they are made of extremely thick and awesome kydex instead.... which is nearly as good!

These have a very sturdy metal clip on the back for going over your belt.

They are molded specifically to the Trekker shape, and any Trekker SAK will fit BEAUTIFULLY in these sheaths.

If we run out of ANY color, the loss will be temporary. But heck, why choose between such awesome colors? Buy one of each! A prepper's gotta accessorize whilst making his or her city trips, right?

Oh, and last but not least, don't forget to use your MSB discount!

http://www.survivalpodcast.net/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29802

Offline baygal

• Survivor
Re: A sheath for your wee TSP stabby!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »
Excellent job Kangaroo Joe; the sheaths look great.

Online Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:10:54 AM »
Kangaroo did an awesome job on those.  If I carried my SAK outside of my pocket/key-chain (My SAK IS my keychain LOL), I'd grab one. 

Very nice addition to the gear shop.

Offline kangaroojoe

• Prepper
    • my YouTube channel - Homesteadonomics
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys!  Sis, the pics look great too.  But I think the real beauty is in the function... It'll give a positive 'click' or 'pop' sound to let you know that the knife is stowed away securely.  As a matter of fact you could walk on you hands all day long and this sheath wouldn't let your trekker go... yet with 2 finger pinch she'll slide right out of the sheath with no problem ;)  Anyways, I'm thankful that Sis and TW were willing to try this out in their store.  They've definitely added to the success of the Podcast and the forum community.

Offline DonW

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
I have a question regarding the sheath.  The two eyelets?  What is their function?
Thanks.
Don

Offline kangaroojoe

• Prepper
    • my YouTube channel - Homesteadonomics
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 05:56:20 PM »
The kydex has to be held together since it cannot be glued or be stuck to itself.  Much like 'thread' that is used to hold leather together.   Although the kydex is heat molded it still needs something to keep it 'tight'.  They also look much better than solid rivets.

Hope that helps :)

Joe

Offline Fatchumang

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »
Have you considered a neck carry version of the holster?  I see that method of carry seems to be gaining popularity and now with Jacks promotion of his neck knife it might be a good idea...

Offline miconn

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:39:22 AM »
Since the gear shop is closed, can we buy direct from the maker, and does he make sheaths for other common knives? (ie: Gerber Profile, Big Rock, etc)