Author Topic: Married White Male - Looking for a Hunting Mentor - Chester County PA  (Read 1814 times)

Offline freemason

• Fledgling Prepper
Hi Everyone!

Hope all is well. My Name is Ted and I live in Chester County PA.  I'm a 38yr old Husband, Father (of a 3yr old boy) and a Cancer Survivor!
I'm new to the modern survivalist and "prepper" community and this is my first post of any kind , in any forum ever - so please forgive my "greenness"!
I'm slowly introducing this lifestyle concept to my wife, but I'm really trying not to freak her out too much....I'm a really positive guy in general, but I don't want her to think I've switched gears and have become totally apocalyptic! I walking a very delicate line here!

One of my life goals is to learn how to hunt. Growing up I never was introduced to it. I'm very interested in learning some hunting skills  this fall.  Eventually I would like to pass along what I've learned to my son when he is a little older (and when I know more about what I'm doing...)

I've recently taken 3 handgun safety courses and have applied for my CCW permit.  I plan on completing a general hunter's safety course soon. But what I really need is a hunting mentor.

I would like to extend an open invitation to anyone who lives in the Chester County  PA area and wants a hunting protégé.  Hopefully someone is willing to take pity on this humble "nube".  I look forward to contributing more within the forum and thank you all for the opportunity to participate!

Stay Well!

-Ted

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Married White Male - Looking for a Hunting Mentor - Chester County PA
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »
You might also want to try the Regional Boards: Region 2 or this thread might even fit better in that section of the boards.

Pleas, when you get the time, stop by The Front Porch: Intro Thread and introduce yourself to the TSP community.

Offline freemason

• Fledgling Prepper
Re: Married White Male - Looking for a Hunting Mentor - Chester County PA
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Nicodemus! I really appreciate it!

Best!