Author Topic: Free food storage and prep iphone app  (Read 9986 times)

Offline joemommapoo

• Prepper
Free food storage and prep iphone app
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:19:38 AM »
This app just dropped from $1.99 to free.  Not sure how long it will last.  I downloaded it, and it seem promising.  It as a built in barcode scanner too. works on ipod touch and ipad too.

http://appshopper.com/utilities/home-food-storage

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Free food storage and prep iphone app
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »
Pretty cool!

But now I must don my tinfoil tricorn...  :tinfoily:

What better way for a government to see who to go to in order to confiscate supplies in an emergency than those who made the information available on a phone that can be contacted by the network?

And now I take my tinfoil hat off...  :D

Offline Mick_K

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:05:52 AM »
I'll give it a go. Thanks for posting it.

Offline AuburnFootball

• Survivor
  • Cheating death and fighting communism...
    • BlueSheepdog
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 08:43:40 AM »
Looks like a handy program.  I downloaded it, and will give it a try this afternoon.  Thanks for the tip.

Richard

Offline mamabear

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »
What better way for a government to see who to go to in order to confiscate supplies in an emergency than those who made the information available on a phone that can be contacted by the network?

That is the first thing I thought of as well. Along with all those "loyalty cards" for the grocery stores in order to get the sale price. They can find out just how much food you bought and have at home. *adjusts tinfoil hat*

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
That is the first thing I thought of as well. Along with all those "loyalty cards" for the grocery stores in order to get the sale price. They can find out just how much food you bought and have at home. *adjusts tinfoil hat*

Loyalty cards bug me as well, but at times I use them anyway because the discounts are too good to pass up. Just to let you know what can happen though, when I lived in D.C. there was a case in court where a defendants loyalty card and receipts for many purchases went into evidence at a trial. This was done so that the prosecutor could show that the defendant often bought alcohol several times a week.

Offline idelphic

• I Zgjuari I DynjasĂ«
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Theoretical Conceptualist - Avatar by Ada
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 11:11:28 AM »
Loyalty cards bug me as well, but at times I use them anyway because the discounts are too good to pass up. Just to let you know what can happen though, when I lived in D.C. there was a case in court where a defendants loyalty card and receipts for many purchases went into evidence at a trial. This was done so that the prosecutor could show that the defendant often bought alcohol several times a week.
That is scary to say the least (police state?)

I hadn't thought of it in that regard - makes me want to ensure that I have COH (Cash on Hand) when buying certain things, and why I haven't bought some types of 'food' online anymore.

With the Twins - It save us quite a bit at Kroger when you're dropping $25 a can of formula every few days....

Offline cjscuba

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
Just downloaded the app.  I hope it helps.  I just remodeled my pantry to maximize my storage capacity.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
Thanks for posting this! I'll give it a test run later on! +1

Offline sacramentosurvival

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »
If the government starts tracking Preppers, I think they will be coming after a lot more than our stored food. Why would "they" care who is storing food? Like I might have guns as well, like millions of other people. I seriously doubt any of that will be an issue in our lifetimes.

Offline ChrisFox

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:22 AM »
I have been using Grocery iQ for awhile now for the iPad for some of the same uses.

http://www.groceryiq.com/

Offline sacramentosurvival

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »
Do people really fill out those loyalty card apps with their real information? It's not like the cashier checks your id before you get the card. At least not here.

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Never buy nothin from a man named true"
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
Found a good one on the android market can't post the direct link from phone but just search ( free ) prepper survival it doesn't have the scanner option,probably would if you got the paid app...also found these ones that were kinda neat..  search daily survival tip..this seems woth the few moments a day to read the tip..and this one was just straight up tin foil hat worthy "fooducated grocery scanner" no need to read those pesky food labels let us tell you if its healthy..as seen on msnbs,cnn so on an so forth..

devildoc

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »

Who needs govt when u have google buying up the phone makers now and them saying we didnt grab info on your wireless router when we drove by your house. We dont look at stuff on the phones. If you turn off the google maps feature on your droid you wont be able to be found ..... we dont keep track of where u surf and what u surf your computer does ..... we just make the software to tell us ..... hands hat back to Nicodemus