Author Topic: Botach.com: Lousy service  (Read 5433 times)

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Botach.com: Lousy service
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:48:07 AM »
I've placed about half a dozen orders over the last year with them, after being lured in with their prices and specials.  The first few shipments went perfect, but since then I haven't had a single order that didn't have something missing, and getting them to correct it is impossible.

I can only assume that customer satisfaction isn't a key part of their business plan.  If I'd checked the web before ordering I would have found that many of their customers have had similar experiences, so beware.

Offline fuzzy

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Botach.com: Lousy service
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:26:28 PM »
Thanks for the post.  Stuff like that is good to know.

Offline boboroshi

• Survivor
    • Sfumato Farm
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:54:14 PM »
I've placed 2 orders with them. Both times things that were in stock were suddenly out of stock and there was a lot of rigamarole to get around to getting it complete. One order I waited six months before finally having them change it.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »
I've placed 2 orders with them. Both times things that were in stock were suddenly out of stock and there was a lot of rigamarole to get around to getting it complete. One order I waited six months before finally having them change it.

I, too, have had very hit-and-miss service from them.  And heaven help you if you have something wrong.  They seldom answer emails, when they do there's no apology or even real explanations.  If you're lucky, you MIGHT get some information.  Never ask for a refund, they stop answering your email.  I presume that this is in hopes that you'll forget about it and go away.

If you do buy from Botach, pay through PayPal.  If your order is incorrect, or doesn't arrive within an acceptable time, file a claim through PayPal.  PayPal will take care of you and, if enough complaints are received, stop providing services to them.

However,caveat emptor is the phrase to keep in mind when ordering from them.

The Professor

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:28:26 AM »
My experience with a single order sucked. I'll never order from them again. ever.

Offline spartan

• Ass Hat Hitman
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Battle Hippie
    • The Permaculture Podcast
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:51:53 PM »
My experience with a single order sucked. I'll never order from them again. ever.

Same here. 

Placing an order and then being told that every item is out of stock and it would be 3-4 months until they would have everything stopped it cold right there.

Offline cohutt

• non semper erit aestas
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Don't Give Up Your Keys
    • Behind cohutt's Fence
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
FYI:

For some of the same type stuff I highly recommend LA Police gear.

Offline spooky-1

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »
I'm glad someone posted this, I was about to order a Tac-Wedge from Botach but if you guys say they suck then I may have to go elsewhere

Offline SuperDuty

• Survivor
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
Hmm...  Just saw this, but I ordered two PMAGS from them last Friday evening and they arrived on Wednesday.  Two mags and a free case for a total of $24 wasn't a bad buy though.

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
The prices and deals are great, as long as they actually deliver the goods.  I'm still waiting for them to correct an order from March and have pretty much written them off.

Offline Texasbound

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
I agree with Cohutt... LA Police Gear seems to be reliable and have been good to me.