Author Topic: Winco in Portland Oregon has food storage buckets and gamma lids...  (Read 3102 times)

Offline atherts

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP and Guinness Supporter
    • Karott Productions
They also have bulk foods. I didn't see any mylar or O2 absorbers, but the prices seemed reasonable.
If you have a Winco around, keep it in mind.
--------------------------

Scott

"Chance favors the prepared mind."  Louis Pasteur
TSP Members Support Brigade

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
Re: Winco in Portland Oregon has food storage buckets and gamma lids...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »
They also have bulk foods. I didn't see any mylar or O2 absorbers, but the prices seemed reasonable.
If you have a Winco around, keep it in mind.
The WinCo in Vancouver, WA also has them. 2 gallon and 5 gallon sizes as well as the buckets. And they had O2 absorbers.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline VeggieDog

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:08:51 AM »
There's a Winco right next to the pet store I go to, and Wifey decided to check out Winco while I was buying dog food.  She came out and excitedly told me they had lots of bulk foods we could us for long-term storage.  Brought a tear to my eye.

Offline Mars24

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »
The Hillsboro Oregon Winco has the recently added 5 gallon water cubes in the bulk area (in addition to the 5gal and  2gal buckets and Gammas and 02s).  If memory serves they were $5.

Side note, I found that a 2 gallon bucket and Gamma combo is just the thing for packaging the tail end of a bag of food that won't fit into a 5 or 6 gallon LTS bucket.  ;)
Understand that there is nothing morally superior about being a sheepdog; it is just what you choose to be. Also understand that a sheepdog is a funny critter: He is always sniffing around out on the perimeter, checking the breeze, barking at things that go bump in the night, and yearning for a righteous battle. That is, the young sheepdogs yearn for a righteous battle. The old sheepdogs are a little older and wiser, but they move to the sound of the guns when needed right along with the young ones. -- On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs

Offline bhljackson03

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:57:34 PM »
goto the dollar store or walgreens  and buy hand warmers, when you activate them they activate an O2 absorber, put 1 inside the gamma bucket and seal it, you've just made your food inside last for 25 years

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
Good news. They are building a winco just down the road. My nephew was telling they have good deals on bulk meat.
I'm prepared to be wrong are you?

Offline GearingUp

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:14:13 PM »
Yes! My local WinCo in Vancouver, WA has them too. Larger gamma lids (3.5-7 gal bucket size) for $6.98, the smaller 2 gal gamma was $4-something (sold out). They also had the 2 gallon buckets for $3-something, 5 gallon for $4.38 and a 2 gallon gasket lid for $1.38. There was a pry handle for opening the buckets for under $2 and the oxygen absorbers were 50 ct for $4.98 (300 c.c.). I was so happy to see this. Also the gentleman that does the ordering of these items was stocking the bulk foods and said that 'yes' they are going to permanently stock these items and that they fly outta the store so fast he has trouble keeping them stocked!! I'll be getting at least one of each every time I'm in there!! (On the drive home it dawned on me that I should have suggested he stock the mylar bags too!! :-\ ;D )

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
Yes! My local WinCo in Vancouver, WA has them too. Larger gamma lids (3.5-7 gal bucket size) for $6.98, the smaller 2 gal gamma was $4-something (sold out). They also had the 2 gallon buckets for $3-something, 5 gallon for $4.38 and a 2 gallon gasket lid for $1.38. There was a pry handle for opening the buckets for under $2 and the oxygen absorbers were 50 ct for $4.98 (300 c.c.). I was so happy to see this. Also the gentleman that does the ordering of these items was stocking the bulk foods and said that 'yes' they are going to permanently stock these items and that they fly outta the store so fast he has trouble keeping them stocked!! I'll be getting at least one of each every time I'm in there!! (On the drive home it dawned on me that I should have suggested he stock the mylar bags too!! :-\ ;D )
I cannot remember if I saw o2 absorbers or not at the NE 136th store

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline superwolfmans

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Cascadia Independence Movement
Thought I'd pop in on this thread with a few side notes...

If you live in the PNW, WinCo is a GREAT place to go for a lot of items; you'll find the same brands as other stores and usually 5-10% cheaper. They are also employee-owned, so buying from them feels better than Fred Meyer! That being said, I will never again buy produce from them. AFAIK most of it comes from China and is barely nutritious and heavily treated (not to mention quite old). I used to work at the one in Tigard, OR and besides the produce I still don't mind buying from them (never tried the meat they have as I'm a doggone hippie vegan).

Namaste