Author Topic: Great service from Opticsplanet.com  (Read 2509 times)

Noah

Great service from Opticsplanet.com
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:56:52 AM »
I have been looking for a Burris Scout Scope for several weeks.  I have asked all the local gun shops to order one for me but no one can find them in stock.  I like doing business locally, but in this case I had to look for one on the web.

Optics Planet had them in stock and $150 less than than the MSRP of $399.  The total price was $249 with no taxes or shipping.  I placed my order on Friday morning and received an email saying that it had shipped and a link to the UPS site to track the package.  It showed up yesterday on my doorstep.

I couldn't be happier.  I rarely order things on line, I much prefer to support local businesses, but in this case Optics Planet was really great.  I have no ties to them, just passing on a good experience with what seems to be a good company.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:04:15 AM by Noah »

Offline Redstarny

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Great service from Opticsplanet.com
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
I bought a 5.11 glasses case from them that came so quickly I didn't know what it was when it arrived.

+1

Offline FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »
I ordered a Leupold Scout Scope from Amazon a couple months ago, not realizing it was actually coming from Optics Planet.  I got a prompt email telling me it was back ordered and it would be another 30 days before they received another shipment.  They offered to cancel my order on the spot, but I waited (because nobody else had that scope either) and it came right on time.

Definitely would buy from them again, unlike some others (ie., Botach).

Noah

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 04:40:40 AM »
I see now that Amazon is a sponsor here and you can order through them.  All the scout scopes seem to be hard to find right now, I'm guessing because of the popularity of the Ruger GSR and the start of hunting season.  I got my GSR set up just in time.

Offline longrifle

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
One of my guys just told me that he tried to order a pocket knife from Opticsplanet. They would not send it here to our APO. No big deal, lots of places don't. He changed the order to have it shipped to his dad and OP wouldn't send it there either because he had already tried to have it sent to an APO. What kind of BS is that? We're not talking about shipping NVGs or some other highly regulated thing here. It's a 5.11 folding knife for pete's sake. I for one will never order a thing from them ever again. I've had good service from them in the past myself, but if they had known that I was going to bring my ACOG on 2 deployments, would they have refused to sell it to me? Add them to my personal list of companies I refuse to do business with.

longrifle

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
I have ordered from them. No complaints.