Author Topic: Home invasion video  (Read 4331 times)

Offline COILEDSNAKEcom

• Fledgling Prepper
  • I make videos!
    • www.coiledsnake.com
Home invasion video
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wypFgcqHyvc

This video took me a long, long time to make. I hope you like it.

The recent California laws restricting open carry and realistic airsoft guns made me furious and served as my personal "I've had enough" moment.

This video although a little funny and a little morbid was a surprisingly good outlet to my frustrations. So much so, that I built a website to future showcase the pain of living in a nanny state and share my interests in filmmaking, photography and of course firearms.

If you like this video please subscribe to my Youtube Chanel and give this video a thumbs up. I'm just getting my site off the ground and need subscribers.

I plan on doing some gear reviews and tutorials mixed in with fictional videos.

humbly,

Justin
see more at coiledsnake.com
http://www.coiledsnake.com - videos about guns, gear & politics.

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
Re: Home invasion video
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »
Excellent job. Super quality on the video.
I'm prepared to be wrong are you?

Offline monkeyboyf

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 09:52:19 PM »
+1 Outstanding!
We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.
 Ronald Reagan
uh, I am a female

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:59:40 PM »
Awesome!

+1

Good reminder we all need to stand up for our Constitutionally protected, God-given, rights before they slip away.

~TG

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • RicksDIY
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 09:02:02 AM »
Most excellent. too bad he didn't get to his M&P in time... 
http://ricksdiy.com http://heezy.com/ http://woodybeds.com

I'd rather have it and not need it, than not have it when I do need it.

Offline abago

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 09:02:58 AM »
The hologram interface was really slick. I really liked the the reverse shots.
Good job.
Do you have more in the works?

Offline Prepper7

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
Well done, you! You effectively built suspense and, as others have mentioned, the video quality and effects were first-rate.
Don’t be nervous, don’t be flustered, don’t be scared—be prepared! —Tom Lehrer

Where will you Appleseed?

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 10:16:59 PM »
My highest praise, sir!

The humor was abrupt and surprising after the seriousness of the break in, but the humor worked. And I noticed you have a very nice 3-act structure going there as well.

Are you in Los Angeles?

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." -- self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater in his business analysis of Peak Oil, "The Rainwater Prophecy," Fortune magazine, Dec 26, 2005

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." -- CEO of Virgin Airlines, Sir Richard Branson on Peak Oil in CNN's investigative report "We Were Warned: Out of Gas" June 2007/May 2008 03:05

"We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier." --Steely Dan 1983

"... it doesn’t really matter who is removing your civil liberties, whether it is being done by a democratic government, a kleptocracy, a dictatorship or even the green police. When your civil rights are gone, they’re gone, and you really are in trouble, no matter how good the cause." --UK journalist Anthony Harrington, "Peak Oil and Collapse Scenarios," QFinance, September, 2011

Our parents used to say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of it."
And now our kids say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of us."

No food shall be grown that Monsanto does not own. (It all started with the disastrous 1980 SCOTUS ruling on Diamond v Chakrabarty. Petition your Congressman to revoke all patents on living things.)

"The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." FDR 1937

The Tin Foil Hat Song by the League of Lady Conspiracists

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »
Well done. You conveyed the point in short order!

As already suggested by other people on the youtube page, I would have had someone else come along and take the gun at the end but it works perfectly even without it.

I don't know how much more it takes to make people understand but your movie definitely has what it takes to reach people and I hope it goes viral on youtube.

You should work in marketing! Or make movies...or somethin' like that!  ;D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sign up for TSP Forum Newsletter with updates and interesting forum threads: http://eepurl.com/iipvo

Offline thezoo

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Wherever You go, there You are!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:30 PM »
you should be a pro that was a well done vid I loved the humor (sick as it was, unfortunately not far from the truth though)

Offline COILEDSNAKEcom

• Fledgling Prepper
  • I make videos!
    • www.coiledsnake.com
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 02:12:21 AM »
Working on my next video now, its mostly filmed just working on the effects and editing it. It is going to be a comedy/parody. Also, I already have the script written for another have a gun control video but haven't begun filming it yet.

If you guys think of a really good idea for a "prepper" related video let me know. I can't get a plot together that really works. Although, I have thought of some scenarios with a large earthquake, but on a low budget it looks kinda cheesy. Every prepper scenario I imagine always ends up as a zombie attack. LOL. 

To the person who asked:
Yeah, I am in Los Angeles.

I used to live in Texas and came out here 10 years ago chasing sunshine and bikinis. (I found plenty of both.) But, Now that I am married and have a small child, California doesn't seem like the paradise it once was. The political environment is less that idea (understatement of the year.)

Offline Oil Lady

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
If you guys think of a really good idea for a "prepper" related video let me know. I can't get a plot together that really works. Although, I have thought of some scenarios with a large earthquake, but on a low budget it looks kinda cheesy. Every prepper scenario I imagine always ends up as a zombie attack. LOL. 

Yo, dude, I'm a screenwriter (but I'm not in LA, I'm in Massachusetts).

Tell me what kind of scenario you want and I'll try to work out a script. (I use Final Draft.)

To the person who asked:
Yeah, I am in Los Angeles.

That was me who asked. :)

Cool that you're there. All kinds of high-end equipment available to you there, as well as a vast sea of people with awesome tips on how to get the right shot, solve lighting problems, solve sound problems, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure Sister Wolf and The Wilderness both live in LA.

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." -- self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater in his business analysis of Peak Oil, "The Rainwater Prophecy," Fortune magazine, Dec 26, 2005

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." -- CEO of Virgin Airlines, Sir Richard Branson on Peak Oil in CNN's investigative report "We Were Warned: Out of Gas" June 2007/May 2008 03:05

"We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier." --Steely Dan 1983

"... it doesn’t really matter who is removing your civil liberties, whether it is being done by a democratic government, a kleptocracy, a dictatorship or even the green police. When your civil rights are gone, they’re gone, and you really are in trouble, no matter how good the cause." --UK journalist Anthony Harrington, "Peak Oil and Collapse Scenarios," QFinance, September, 2011

No food shall be grown that Monsanto does not own. (It all started with the disastrous 1980 SCOTUS ruling on Diamond v Chakrabarty. Petition your Congressman to revoke all patents on living things.)

Offline LBC_Justin

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »
Yo, dude, I'm a screenwriter (but I'm not in LA, I'm in Massachusetts).

Tell me what kind of scenario you want and I'll try to work out a script. (I use Final Draft.)

With a Pro Gun Rights video most people have already heard both sides of the argument and I am not really educating too many people, I am Just entertaining people who already agree with me, making those people who don't have a strong stance on the issue think about it, and pissing people off who are pro gun control. (All around, The response for the most part is pretty predictable.)

With prepping the issues seem more complex. And in there is the challenge. I have thought of some ok ideas that get a nice message across about prepping but they weren't that entertaining, and my main goal is to entertain, with education and provoking thought a close second.

I thought of doing a video about a medium sized earthquake in Los Angeles, the earthquake isn't the problem...it is the power and water goes out. Then the government in an attempt to keep everyone from panicking falsely tells everyone that power and water will be on in a day or two. So everyone uses their water supply up. Being that Southern California is a desert and surrounded by ocean and more desert this would be a huge problem.  The scenario plays out with a pro-prepper message that I haven't figured out yet.
Now how do you tell that story in a few minutes and on a shoe string budget. LOL

My goal to keep my videos under 4 minutes. That is the sweet spot for online video, otherwise unless it is a blockbuster people get bored (LOL damn kids these days).

I love the style of this commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JyN6Obi7eI
They tell the entire story of a Zombie Apocalypse in just 13 seconds.  I can pretty much do all of the effects they do in that video. For me the challenge is getting a large group of people to participate and access to filming locations.

Offline Oil Lady

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »
LBC_Justin, are you the same poster as COILEDSNAKEcom? ???

Am I talking to two different posters or just one with two separate screen names?

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
  • No man is free who is not master of himself..
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »
Working on my next video now, its mostly filmed just working on the effects and editing it. It is going to be a comedy/parody. Also, I already have the script written for another have a gun control video but haven't begun filming it yet.
Looks like the makings of a really good website.  What is the main goal of your site; your reaching out to people as a side thing or do you think you can make money in the future?

By the way your vid is really great.  Hope you continue to make more.  :)

www.epguns.com
"George Of Jungle only here to help..."

inbox485

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
While I'm not a huge fan of the level of bile tolerated on their forums, I'd suggest looking into both CalGuns and OpenCarry if you are interested in CA gun laws/politics.

Offline COILEDSNAKEcom

• Fledgling Prepper
  • I make videos!
    • www.coiledsnake.com
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
LBC_Justin, are you the same poster as COILEDSNAKEcom? ???

Am I talking to two different posters or just one with two separate screen names?

Same person.

Offline COILEDSNAKEcom

• Fledgling Prepper
  • I make videos!
    • www.coiledsnake.com
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
While I'm not a huge fan of the level of bile tolerated on their forums, I'd suggest looking into both CalGuns and OpenCarry if you are interested in CA gun laws/politics.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I am a regular reader of CalGuns forum. But I have never been on the OpenCarry forums before.

Offline COILEDSNAKEcom

• Fledgling Prepper
  • I make videos!
    • www.coiledsnake.com
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 04:50:01 PM »
Looks like the makings of a really good website.  What is the main goal of your site; your reaching out to people as a side thing or do you think you can make money in the future?

By the way your vid is really great.  Hope you continue to make more.  :)
Not sure what the ultimate goal is. At this point I just really like making videos and I feel a lot more motivated to make them the more they are seen. By creating the website, twitter, facebook, & youtube accounts it makes distributing them a lot more effective and lays down the framework to make money in the future...But at this point my sole goal is ENTERTAINMENT and to build a regular audience.

I hope you like my vids. There is a new one up right now on my site..... http://www.coildsnake.com

Thanks,

Justin

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
  • No man is free who is not master of himself..
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 09:31:38 PM »
I hope you like my vids. There is a new one up right now on my site..... http://www.coildsnake.com
Black is Awesome!  lol.  Nice.
("tactical cool smiley")

www.epguns.com
"George Of Jungle only here to help..."

Offline Patriot:Ex Machina

• Administrator Emeritus
  • Administrator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    • Patriot Gun & Gear
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 10:03:06 PM »
Dude, that was fantastic. And brutally honest. I have sent this out via email, as well as my facebook page, and among my groups on FB.  So tragically true.

My Blog:
http://patriotgunandgear.blogspot.com/
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I beat you with until you understand who is in charge."
Jayne from "Firefly"

_________

Offline technicalanarchy

• Senior Survivalist
  • That's Pep in my profile pic
    • Response Technical
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »
Very good video. The special effects were awesome.
Thanks,
Mike

Offline tomtom

• Survivor
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
I acturally saw it on other message boards first! Way to go!

Offline Bluegrass2003

• Prepper
  • 9th Generation American
    • Guardian Concepts
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
Awesome job! Your very talented. I shared it with my whole email list!
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson

Offline SheepdogSurvival

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
+1
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
- SAMUEL ADAMS

Offline NotoriousAPP

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »

Dude, that was truly well done!  Awesome work.

...FYI, your link is wrong, you left out the "e' in "coiled".

Offline clayfarmer

• Prepper
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »
Very well done!  I'd love to see more videos - I think it's a great way to reach people.  Would love to see some vids on preparedness, maybe related to EMP attack, terrorist attack, economic collapse, etc.  Not just for entertainment, but as a way to show people what the threats are and that they need to be prepared.
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark"

Offline bettertohaveit

• Prepper
    • Better To Have It
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »
Best thing I've seen in a long, long time!
When did Noah build the Ark...? BEFORE THE RAIN!

Offline Oil Lady

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »
So ... these might very welll be the government-approved "gun safes" of the future.

Wow.