Author Topic: Mandatory Flu Shots At Work  (Read 85850 times)

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
Re: Mandatory Flu Shots At Work
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
Hey, there are always conversions...

Offline dep190

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2014, 06:04:48 AM »
I hope this nurse wins however in the current health crisis i wonder if a jury will agree?

Nurse Fired for Refusing Flu Shot Sues Hospital, Federal and State Governments for $100,000,000

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/nurse-fired-for-refusing-flu-shot-sues-hospital-federal-and-state-governments-for-100000000/

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2014, 11:51:17 PM »
A nurse's union in MA is suing too. MA even has a law forbidding termination over vaccinations refused for any reason. The hospital put the policy in place anyway. Smh

Offline herewego

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2014, 09:12:58 PM »
While I was doing clinicals in school the hospital "required" me to get the flu shot. After being bullied by the employee health nurse and the education director (who pulled me into an office away from everyone), I signed a declination stating it was against my philosophical/religious beliefs and values. I wore a mask. Soon after that I was tracked down by the employee health nurse and spoken to like a child and idiot. She said something about "If you care at all for your patients and your family you'll get the vaccine. If you expect to ever work in healthcare you have to get the vaccine. You are putting your patients and everyone else at risk!" My only response was "Uhhh I'm wearing a mask." She walked off furious with me. Mind you, she stood super close to me and spoke very loudly while staring down at me (she is about a foot taller than me). I wore my mask proudly. Because, so many of the hospital staff who weren't wearing masks (and had gotten the shot) asked me why I was wearing a mask. And that was my opportunity to explain why I felt it was better to deal with all the bull and stand my ground than allow someone to force me into doing something I felt was useless, unnecessary, and potentially dangerous. And then I explained why it was useless, unnecessary, and potentially dangerous.

I wore the mask the last 2 flu seasons. Yes it got hot and I sometimes had to remind myself to breathe a little slower, but it was ok. Maybe I planted a few seeds. Maybe not. Either way, the smells weren't nearly as bad with a mask on :)

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »
haha! Every April when I get to take the mask off I'm surprised at how bad my patients smell  :o

Offline cellblock776

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2014, 04:09:32 AM »
At the hospital where I work all employees are required to have the flu shot.  Out of over 4k employees only 5 waivers have been granted.  I have already seen one coworker let go as "voluntary resignation" due to refusing to get the shot.

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2014, 08:28:06 AM »
While I was doing clinicals in school the hospital "required" me to get the flu shot. After being bullied by the employee health nurse and the education director (who pulled me into an office away from everyone), I signed a declination stating it was against my philosophical/religious beliefs and values. I wore a mask. Soon after that I was tracked down by the employee health nurse and spoken to like a child and idiot. She said something about "If you care at all for your patients and your family you'll get the vaccine. If you expect to ever work in healthcare you have to get the vaccine. You are putting your patients and everyone else at risk!" My only response was "Uhhh I'm wearing a mask." She walked off furious with me. Mind you, she stood super close to me and spoke very loudly while staring down at me (she is about a foot taller than me). I wore my mask proudly. Because, so many of the hospital staff who weren't wearing masks (and had gotten the shot) asked me why I was wearing a mask. And that was my opportunity to explain why I felt it was better to deal with all the bull and stand my ground than allow someone to force me into doing something I felt was useless, unnecessary, and potentially dangerous. And then I explained why it was useless, unnecessary, and potentially dangerous.

I wore the mask the last 2 flu seasons. Yes it got hot and I sometimes had to remind myself to breathe a little slower, but it was ok. Maybe I planted a few seeds. Maybe not. Either way, the smells weren't nearly as bad with a mask on :)

Good for you, people are brainwashed .. I almost felt like saying give me her phone number and I will call her and explain to her my position but if you work there I am not sure if that would be a good idea .. but I would tell that woman she is corrupting our system of freedom and might be tempted to tell her other conspiracy stuff that seems to be true

Whenever I go to a pharmacy where they have "take your flu shots" signs everywhere and the people that work there wear pins that say "get your shot", I often ask them if they got the shot. So far most of them say no and they seem to know better ..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:34:32 AM by surfivor »