Author Topic: What is your EDC...Every Day Carry  (Read 213847 times)

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
Re: What is your EDC...Every Day Carry
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »

Crackberry
Glock 17 plus one mag (I use the SOE slide holster and stash the mag in my pocket for concealed carry)
Zippo
Ipod
Trusty pocket knife
Butt pad

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »
I was wondering what you guys who ccw your pistols do with them while you are at work? Do you not carry on you work days? Do you lock them in your car? This is something I've been thinking about for myself while I look into getting my wife and I our ccw permits.

I usually open carry at work, along with most of my co-workers.

Offline Dawgus

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2009, 09:01:09 PM »
 Colt commander LW, Walther TPH in the yard and garden, same 2 Old Timer pocketknives I've had for 20 years.

Tommk9

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2009, 11:44:22 PM »
I guess I'll have to hook up a pic.  I carry either a SIG P229 Elite or a SIG P239 (40) or Taurus PT22, The SIG's with 2 extra mags and a S&W SRT knife ($10 @ Big 5).  Money, the evil credit and debit cards, polymer neck knife on dog tag chain (metal detectors can't find it), a cell phone, keys with cuff key and light.

If you haven't heard of it the Fobus is the most comfortable all day carry holster I have worn in my 12 years of full time carry.  $20 you can't go wrong.

Tommk9

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2009, 11:58:09 PM »
Almost forgot, those belly/fanny bags scream "GUN".  If you don't want people to know your carrying a weapon then don't wear those.   They also scream "COP", so be careful.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »
Almost forgot, those belly/fanny bags scream "GUN".  If you don't want people to know your carrying a weapon then don't wear those.   They also scream "COP", so be careful.

Heh, that's what I wear.  You'd think people would notice, but I've never had anyone comment or point or act uncomfortable.  I think it's because I look like a 53-year-old nerd, and the waist pack just fits the whole nerd fashion idiom so well.  ;D

Offline Bad_Synergy

• Survivor
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2009, 02:35:04 PM »
Videos of My EDC

Hey SurvivalKing, I wanted to say, great job on your every-day-carry videos!  +1 from me.  Seriously, well done!

Concerning your mini FAK, I have two suggestions.  Include in it at least one pair of latex gloves and a mini CPR mask.  I would recommend these two items above just about everything else, because in my experience, for life and death situations (the situations that really matter the most), they are the two things which you will most likely want to have on-hand,,,  that can’t be improvised, and that must be ready in a second’s notice.  (The EPI-pen is another a great idea,,, I have been thinking of trying to pick up one of these myself)

Concerning latex gloves, there is a laundry list of reasons why to have these – primarily for your own survival (who knows who you might need to assist), and secondarily when you put them on it projects an air of readiness on your part that can have a calming effect, and can make people more ready to do what you tell them to.

Having had to perform CPR on a few people or so, I can say with utter conviction that it really sucks to do CPR on someone after they vomit.  2 out of the last 4 people I can remember doing CPR on threw up on me, and 1 of the 2 that didn’t couldn’t because his rib cage was crushed,,, and in this case, I am really glad that I had gloves and a mask on-hand, because the poor guy was a bloody mess (he also happened to be the only 1 of the 4 that sadly didn’t survive). 

I hope this helps,

Bad_Synergy

Offline cerakoter

• Prepper
    • www.cerakote.info
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2010, 08:10:33 PM »

Offline gigaJack

• Senior Survivalist
  • Click the website icon to view my survial summary
    • The Survival Summary
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2010, 12:01:05 AM »
I have posted pictures in this thread before but I have also recently made a video playlist for you viewing enjoyment.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EFF9D97D2C2D9649

gigaJack

TheRoot

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2010, 06:10:09 PM »
great vid gigaJack, I took a look at your site and it is full of some good info.

I have thought about the 5.11 tactical pants, are they cotton or are they something that could dry fast (i.e. nylon type fabric)?

Offline gigaJack

• Senior Survivalist
  • Click the website icon to view my survial summary
    • The Survival Summary
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2010, 11:50:34 PM »
I have thought about the 5.11 tactical pants, are they cotton or are they something that could dry fast (i.e. nylon type fabric)?

The Taclite Pro Pants are 65% polyester and 35% poly cotton ripstop but the Tactical Pants are all cotton. I started buying just their regular tactical pants until the Taclite Pro came out. Now I just by the Taclite Pro Pant.

The Taclite Pro Pant beads liquid and can be wiped if done quickly but they will absorb liquid if kept wet.

gigaJack

TheRoot

« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »
The Taclite Pro Pants are 65% polyester and 35% poly cotton ripstop but the Tactical Pants are all cotton. I started buying just their regular tactical pants until the Taclite Pro came out. Now I just by the Taclite Pro Pant.

The Taclite Pro Pant beads liquid and can be wiped if done quickly but they will absorb liquid if kept wet.

gigaJack

Thanks!

Offline Serellan

• REMF
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Diligenter et Fideliter
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2010, 11:22:20 PM »
Finally took a picture of mine:

Wallet
Lighter
Olight T10 3W
Kel Tec P32 (in IWB holster)
Extra Magazine
Iphone
Byrd Folder Tac Knife
On the Keychain: Tac Handcuff Key, P38 Opener, Bottle Opener, D-Ring
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:30:04 PM by Serellan »

Offline arkangel13

• Prepper
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
Camera isn't working right now or I would post a pic but here's the list:

-Keychain with Photon II microlight, P-38, handcuff key, and soon a fire steel
-Schrade multi-tool
-Spiderco Salsa pocket knife
-wallet with $20, dummy credit cards, and calling card
-Nokia E71x cell phone
-Depending on what I'm wearing either the Taurus PT24/7 .40 or Firestorm .380
-Spare mag
-small pouch with a Microshield CPR mask and gloves

Offline bsmith_shoot

• Survivor
  • My boys!
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 08:46:27 PM »

This is my daily carry rig. I also keep a backpack with first-aid, food, water, and a small tool kit with me when I travel.

Offline Aspiring Homesteader

• Survivor
  • What?
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »
*UPDATED*

- Normal stuff: keys, wallet, pen, watch
- Gerber Multi-Plier 400 Compact Sport
- Kobalt brand knife/box cutter combo
- Motorola Droid Smart Phone (I caved lol)
- iPod Classic 80Gb filled to within 5gb of podcasts (not much on listening to music)(Still carry this some, but with the Droid I have access to the latest podcasts as they are published)
- Note pad with post-it note type paper in four sizes. (Don't carry this anymore, I use Evernote on the Droid instead. Syncs every note I make to my PC where ever I have cell coverage)
- If I'm in my car I have my Yaesu FT-270R HT ham radio, if I'm in my truck I have my FT-2900 radio.

Offline MilSpecIA

• Senior Survivalist
  • "Two to the chest, one to the head"
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »

Items for EDC:

1- Blow Out Bag (Gauze, Israeli Bandage, Cat Tourniquet kit, blue LED-penlight, casualty and trauma cards) Usually stored in truck
2- Accident Kit (Disposable camera, reporting cards, pen, flashlight, measuring tape) Usually stored in truck
3- S&W Tactical Knife
4- LED flashlight
5- Kimber UPC II w/Wilson's Combat Mag
6- iPhone
7- Maxpedition Jumbo Versapack w/Limpet pouch and CCW holster

Also in my truck are two wool blankets and 20 tie-down straps.

Offline SurvivalKing

• Prepper
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2010, 02:25:56 PM »
Hey SurvivalKing, I wanted to say, great job on your every-day-carry videos!  +1 from me.  Seriously, well done!

Concerning your mini FAK, I have two suggestions.  Include in it at least one pair of latex gloves and a mini CPR mask.  I would recommend these two items above just about everything else, because in my experience, for life and death situations (the situations that really matter the most), they are the two things which you will most likely want to have on-hand,,,  that can’t be improvised, and that must be ready in a second’s notice.  (The EPI-pen is another a great idea,,, I have been thinking of trying to pick up one of these myself)

Concerning latex gloves, there is a laundry list of reasons why to have these – primarily for your own survival (who knows who you might need to assist), and secondarily when you put them on it projects an air of readiness on your part that can have a calming effect, and can make people more ready to do what you tell them to.

Having had to perform CPR on a few people or so, I can say with utter conviction that it really sucks to do CPR on someone after they vomit.  2 out of the last 4 people I can remember doing CPR on threw up on me, and 1 of the 2 that didn’t couldn’t because his rib cage was crushed,,, and in this case, I am really glad that I had gloves and a mask on-hand, because the poor guy was a bloody mess (he also happened to be the only 1 of the 4 that sadly didn’t survive). 

I hope this helps,

Bad_Synergy

Hey man thanks!  I am going to film an addendum to that video sometime this week on my shiny new camera!  Got the FAK, really excited to show it off!  Has the CPR mask, the gloves, a range of life saving medication, 2 kelrix rolls and a pack of celox.  Sits pretty in my right hand pocket, moving my wallet, iphone, and keys to my back pockets.

Offline Thoreau

• Prepper
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »

One is always with me, the other is always near.  I tend to carry the USP when carrying openly, and the P2000 when going for concealed.   In either case, there's always a spare mag, a Surefire E2D LED Defender, and a Leatherman Skeletool CX as well, in addition to the typical stuff like Blackberry, keys, wallet, etc.

Outside of the survival world, but still with me virtually everywhere I go:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:42:26 PM by Thoreau »

Offline outdoorman63

• Survivor
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2010, 07:02:24 PM »
my edc usually,only thing missing is my iphone"used to take the pic" and my embassy pen

[img width= height=]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/outdoorlady79/john/edc.jpg[/img]

Offline RacinRob

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I can be an ankle biter too!
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »
I hate you all.... I teach in a prison so at work I carry my wallet with nothing interesting.  Most days I have a pen in my pocket too.  If I am not working all I add is a pocket knife, lighter, and smokes.  Wisconsin has no ccw.  I can't even keep much in the car since it is not allowed on grounds. 

Offline outdoorman63

• Survivor
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »
I hate you all.... I teach in a prison so at work I carry my wallet with nothing interesting.  Most days I have a pen in my pocket too.  If I am not working all I add is a pocket knife, lighter, and smokes.  Wisconsin has no ccw.  I can't even keep much in the car since it is not allowed on grounds. 

i understand your woes, i lived in Illinois"land of no freedoms" and moved across the river to Missouri, best thing i ever did.

mtman

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2010, 06:04:40 PM »
G23 in self made leather and KT P3AT in self made kydex (pocket).

Offline Aspiring Homesteader

• Survivor
  • What?
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
...ever evolving.

*UPDATED*

- Normal stuff: keys, wallet, pen, watch
- Gerber Multi-Plier 400 Compact Sport
- Kobalt brand knife/box cutter combo
- Motorola Droid Smart Phone (With the new Survival Podcast App!)
- iPod Classic 80Gb filled to within 5gb of podcasts (not much on listening to music)(Still carry this some, but with the Droid I have access to the latest podcasts as they are published)
- If I'm in my car I have my Yaesu FT-270R HT (2M) and a Radio Shack HTX-420 HT (2M/70CM) ham radio, if I'm in my truck I have my FT-2900 radio and soon to add a Realistic HTX-100 10M ham radio.

Offline Venatio_Lupus

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2010, 04:49:46 PM »
I really have two different EDC's

My M-F 8-5 EDC is stripped down to allow me to look more business than tactical.
It consists of
Good solid leather belt
Stainless Multifunction Watch w/ Silcone band
Mirrored Lens Sunglasses
Leatherman Tool (Varies day to day which model I carry. I own 7 of them)
Two lighters and a book of matches
Hand Sanitizer
Cell Phone
Battery Operated Cell Phone Charger
Spring Operated Knife (legal in FL to CWP holders)
Smart Carry Invisible Holster
Glock 19 w/ Crimson Trace Laser Grips
17 Round Magazine in addition to the 15+1 in the pistol
Fenix LD-20 Tactical Light
Wallet Contents  - Concealed License, NRA Membership Card, USCCA Membership Card, AAA Membership Card + AAA Bail Bond Card, Two post self defensive shooting instructional cards, Spare car key and razor blade. Of course there is cash, Visa Check cards and a silver bar in the wallet as well.[/size]

My Off the Clock EDC is everything above PLUS
Sabre 5.0 (Law Enforcement Size/Strength) OC Stream
Beretta 3032 Tomcat w/ Spare mag
Additional 17 Round Mag for the Glock 19
Fenix TK-12 Tactical Light mounted in a slightly modified Blackhawk Night-Ops Speed Holster

The girl I'm casually seeing right now thinks that I'm insane to carry all this stuff with me everywhere I go. She really gets annoyed when we have to wait for a table in a restaurant instead of sitting at the bar because I'm carrying two pistols with me. (State law in FL)
Anyone have any suggestions on what I can lose/add to my EDC package?

Hunting Wolf -
W. Palm Beach (AKA "West Nam") S. FL
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:42:56 PM by bartsdad »

Offline Venatio_Lupus

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
I completely forgot the digital camera (Canon 6X Optical Zoom 10MP) that I used to take the two pictures above is always on my right hip in a large nylon holster and my Black 8GB Ipod Nano 2nd Generation lives in my shirt pocket so I can listen to Jack, The NRA News Podcast and The Armed American Radio Podcast.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:39:31 PM by bartsdad »

Offline kr66p6r13

• Prepper
  • what is taken for granted today, gone tomarrow
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2010, 12:20:35 AM »
on my person-
springfield xd 45acp service model w/ tactical laser & lite combo
3 extra mags
smith & wesson s.w.a.t. folding knife (had since 2000, still better than anything out lately)
zippo lighter
&
personalized BUG OUT bag in my vehicle (always)

Offline kyfirefighter

• Prepper
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:24 AM »
the following is what is carried on me every day in addition to my BOB and other goodies that stay in my vehicle
wallet with all the normal stuff and in addition i keep 2 50 dollar bills folded over and hidden in the lining of the wallet as emergency cash
Glock 19
kershaw Blur pocket knife
Fenix TK 12 Flashlight
Gerber multiplier 600
paracord bracelet
cigarette lighter
blistex
cell phone
keys
my fire department/ countywide public safety radio

Offline Thoreau

• Prepper
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2010, 09:59:11 AM »
Updated pics from my EDC (instead of the gratuitious gun pr0n in my last one, hehe.)

Drop the ASP OC spray and you've got my normal carry setup.

Offline PAGUY

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2010, 05:32:29 AM »
So I guess that if I wear mine that is hot pink with a neon green POLICE patch on the front and have my tac vest on with Federal Agent on the back when I go to get my coffee and doughnuts from Dunkin Doughnuts that might be a tip off that I have some sort of weapon on my person?