Author Topic: What is your EDC...Every Day Carry  (Read 227600 times)

Offline PAGUY

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: What is your EDC...Every Day Carry
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2010, 05:33:10 AM »
Oh man my cover is blown now...........

Offline duster22

• Prepper
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »
One of the things I do whenever I get a new pair of shoes/boots/sneakers/whatever is to replace the laces with paracord.
It's a great way to add a little paracord to your EDC just in case.  Besides having more utility than regular laces, the stuff actually ties better (even when wet) and lasts longer.
Just my 2 cents worth....

Offline chrisdfw

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
One of the things I do whenever I get a new pair of shoes/boots/sneakers/whatever is to replace the laces with paracord.
It's a great way to add a little paracord to your EDC just in case.  Besides having more utility than regular laces, the stuff actually ties better (even when wet) and lasts longer.

And they stay tied much better. I had boot laces that were horrible at staying tied until I replaced them with paracord, more out of necessity than some kind of prep thing.
Now they stay tied and i have a little paracord.

Offline porkchop

• Prepper
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
My work EDC usually consists of the following:

Spyderco Endura 3 plain edge
Spyderco Endura 3 serrated edge
Keyring with Victorinox Minichamp
SpecOps THE Wallet containing money, ID, cards, bandaids, duct tape, and safety pins.
htc droid eris on Verizon
a flashlight
pen
carpenters pencil
notepad

Offline 40caliberMikey

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »

Glock 19 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck
Faded Glory Wallet
G-Shock Model 3031
Paracord Bracelet
Strider SMF.... my buddy gave me this before my last deployment
iPhone 4
wedding ring.

Keep it simple and light.

Offline bj

• Survivor
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2010, 10:02:13 AM »

+1 fantastic idea.

Offline ore2u

• Prepper
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
Glock 26 with crimson trace in a bianchi carry lock II holster, and/or Ruger LCP with crimson trace also. In the wallet 2 band-aids, 2 bobby pins, a razor blade, a SS 7 in 1 credit card multi tool and the normal ID and a little cash. Right from pocket... Kershaw Ken Onion assisted opener, my keys with a little tiny 1 inch long "streamlight" flash light. I also made my own keychain out of 4 ft. of para-cord and some beads. First I tied a monkey fist knot slid on a stack of beads, tied a loop and another stack of beads and tied it off down by the monkey fist. Now it acts as a keychain, ranger beads, or 4 ft. of paracord. Fisher space pen in the left front pocket and a SS Cross pen in the lapel pocket.
 I consider my EDC my..... get to the car gear. In the car I have my Get home Gear.
 I wear a suit or slacks with a shirt and tie and no one has a clue to the level of prepairedness on my person

endurance

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2011, 07:22:29 PM »
Pants pockets:

BlackBerry 8800, keys, photon II light, lock pick set, ferro rod, pill bottle containing 1 vasolined cotton ball, H&K 3" knife

Jacket pockets:

2 person large space blanket and essentials kit

Inside the essentials kit:

Wetfire cube, 1 liter water pouch, #10 scalpel blade, CRKT Doug Ritter knife, 18" duct tape, compass, 10' steel wire, pen cartridge, 6 aquamira purification tablets, squeeze light, 12' reflective 125# rated cordage, whistle, ferro rod, 4 tinders, vinyl pouch, 2 safety pins.

Offline Prepar Bear

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
ACTUAL CARRY

All on Body

Survival Neck Lanyard with I.D. Card Holder.
Wallet with Cash, Bank Cards, Drivers Licence, Fresnel Lens & Medicare Card.
Small Disposable Bag with Coins.
Two Survival Bracelets.
Casio G-Shock Mudman.
Car & House Keys.
Thumb drive with important documents & reference materials encrypted.
Black Ink Pen.
Prescription Glasses.
Safety / Sunglasses.
Two Face Cloths.
Shity Pocket Clip Knife (Needs Replacing A.S.A.P.)
NiteCore D10 with Paracord Lanyard.
Apple I-phone second Generation.
Leatherman Juice XE6 with Paracord Lanyard / double Carabiner attachment system for the belt.
Zippo Lighter with Z-plus insert.

Below picture is the “I’m dreaming” part since I live in Australia at this time.
I could go on about all the political stuff all I will say this, fight every possible attempt to
take your guns, don't make the same mistake as us Australians & let the politicians convince the
people to give up their rights to their guns.

This would be the additions to the ACTUAL CARRY All on Body picture.
BK9 Knife would swap out to a BK2 if/or when I could. (Carry of fixed blade knives are prohibited here)
Glock 17A would swap out to a Glock 26 with 17A barrel to make legal here if/or when I could. (Semi auto handguns must have a 120 mm / 4.72 inch aprox barrel for civilian ownership here)
Two 10 round Magazines (10 round Magazines are the maximum size for civilians here)

Offline metatron

• Prepper
  • English guy
« Reply #129 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58:10 AM »

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
hey, what gives on the american flag with swastikas as stars?

Offline metatron

• Prepper
  • English guy
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »
hey, what gives on the american flag with swastikas as stars?

Its the classic American science fiction novel The Man in the High Castle. Its set in an alternate history where Japan and Germany won the second world war. It was written in the early 60's so its been about for a while and is one of the best pieces of American literature.   

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2011, 12:23:51 AM »
Its the classic American science fiction novel The Man in the High Castle. Its set in an alternate history where Japan and Germany won the second world war. It was written in the early 60's so its been about for a while and is one of the best pieces of American literature.   

Interesting.  I'll have to pick it up.  What sort of HT is that up on the right?  And what's the square LCD screen thingy (or is it something else?) just above and to the right of the camera?

Offline UA8

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2011, 12:38:28 AM »
Interesting.  I'll have to pick it up.  What sort of HT is that up on the right?  And what's the square LCD screen thingy (or is it something else?) just above and to the right of the camera?

Can't be certain of the brand bit the square LCD thingy is NAV unit I believe a TOM TOM or Magellan.

Offline metatron

• Prepper
  • English guy
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2011, 01:22:03 AM »
Can't be certain of the brand bit the square LCD thingy is NAV unit I believe a TOM TOM or Magellan.

Interesting.  I'll have to pick it up.  What sort of HT is that up on the right?  And what's the square LCD screen thingy (or is it something else?) just above and to the right of the camera?

The HT is a modified Yaesu VX-6 with a Comet SMA-701 multiband antenna. The LCD thingy is indeed a NAV unit. Its from TomTom, its used with my car but I also have the amateur radio points of intrest installed, so wherever I am I can look up the 2m/70cm as well as the 4m repeaters.    

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2011, 11:27:31 AM »
ACTUAL CARRY

. . .Snip. . .

Glock 17A would swap out to a Glock 26 with 17A barrel to make legal here if/or when I could. (Semi auto handguns must have a 120 mm / 4.72 inch aprox barrel for civilian ownership here)
Two 10 round Magazines (10 round Magazines are the maximum size for civilians here)

Ok, I just have to ask. . .why would you swap to the smaller frame with the longer barrel?  Why not stick with the Model 17?  I really can't see any benefit over the 26 if you have a decent holster for concealment (as a comparison, I carry an H&K USP Expert (significantly larger than a G17) every day, but I use a Milt Sparks concealment holster).

The Professor

Offline Prepar Bear

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2011, 05:28:52 AM »
Ok, I just have to ask. . .why would you swap to the smaller frame with the longer barrel?  Why not stick with the Model 17?  I really can't see any benefit over the 26 if you have a decent holster for concealment (as a comparison, I carry an H&K USP Expert (significantly larger than a G17) every day, but I use a Milt Sparks concealment holster).

The Professor

Greetings Professor,

The reasons for the smaller frame with the longer barrel is for the legal requirements here in Australia. I do plan to purchase a G26 & swap out the barrel for a 120mm barrel (G17A barrel) to own & train with a smaller framed handgun. There is no glimpse of a possible positive change of attitude of any future Australian government towards firearms. So this forces me towards this option. There is also no reasonable way as a citizen to have open or concealed carry here. If my dream came true & the Australian government changed the law to allow small framed handguns with short barrels, & allowed concealed carry, my name would be on the application list for license & training A.S.A.P. & the G26 would not require modification. I can not claim any practical experience for concealed carry, my knowledge is the "Office Chair in front of the computer display". My research has lead me to lean towards smaller lighter in everything I carry with testing & consideration given towards weight to firepower ratio (Thanks Nutinfancy).

I googled the H&K USP Expert you carry, nice looking gun, they are available here for $2,385.00 retail.

Hope my answer gives you the information you wanted.

Regards

PB.

Offline res1cue

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:44 AM »
So here is my actual EDC carry, and yes, I do carry all of this, I am no nutnfancy (I figure, if I ever get into a situation where weight is actually an issue, I can just throw away what I don't need.. I have many duplicates of everything so even though it would be a loss, it would not be that bad)

-Keltec PF9 loaded with Gold Dot JHP's, one extra magazine, with Viridian C5L green laser/light combo
-Cold Steel Recon 1 rebladed with the CQC-8 Dao shape, done by Mr. Demko himself, and in CPM 154
-Al Mar Sere 2000, one of the best knives I have ever used (VG10)
-Benchmade Mini-Pika II, just to be a beater
-4sevens Maelstrom X7, at 480 lumens (OTF) this thing is a monster
-Fenix LD15, backup light, 100+ lumens on a single AAA!
-Two backup AAA's
-Two backup RCR123A's by Tenergy
-Hanky
-Bandana
-ordinary bic lighter
-40 ft of 550 cord
-widgy bar
-Stun Gun
-Cold Steel Inferno Pen pepper spray
-DMT sharpening stones (extra course, fine, extra extra fine)

Now some closeups:

Keltec PF9, awesome flat little 9 mm, I don't even realize it is there. I didn't know if I was going to like the Viridian C5L, but it is an excellent product, and I highly recommend it.. it allows me to identify my target really quickly, and shoot very accurately from the hip

Demko rebladed Recon 1, I love the CQC8 blade shape

Cold Steel Inferno Pen unit, I keep the grip tape on it so that by touch, I can know which direction the nozzle is pointing

4sevens X7, excellent light, but I made a few mods... First I added a glow in the dark button so I can find it easily in the dark. Next, I put a layer of velcro on the flashlight, and then I have a round plastic piece (a part of a tumi syringe) that I cut out, put the other velcro piece on the inside of that, and put skateboard griptape around it (for traction). This was done to give it a "candlestand" ability

Closeup on my work
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:57:08 AM by res1cue »

Offline BassManNate

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
Man, seeing all you guys carry makes me jealous. Wish the Illinois legislature would quit voting down CC. The just voted down ANOTHER bill not too long ago here.  >:(

Offline res1cue

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
That's a huge bummer..

My condolences, BassManNate

Offline BassManNate

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »
That's a huge bummer..

My condolences, BassManNate

Maybe someday. What's funny is there are loopholes in the law that let you carry.

Your weapon must be in a container (hard shell, nylon with zippers, etc.) that is specifically made to hold the weapon. It must be unloaded. You can then carry this inside another bag. As a result, people have started making back packs and such that have a pouch to hold the gun and a couple mags. While not ideal, what this means is that you can technically legally carry concealed without any sort of permit aside from the state firearm owners ID. Just a matter of pulling the gun out and sliding a magazine in.

Might have to try this someday.

Offline thezoo

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Wherever You go, there You are!
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
my edc
keys (always a must)
1 2 AA maglight
a swiss army officer model that the wifey had my name engraved on
ruger p944 (but the slide says p94, the box it came with says p944 go fig)
1 spare mag for the ruger (till I can afford to buy more)
wallet
cell phone
2 disposable bic lighters
usually a zippo
in the wallet I have a military style folding can opener
and a pen tucked up into my hat near my left ear so i never forget to have a pen ( feels weird if its not there)

but I do need to add more stuff, would like to carry a small first aid kit (put it into a reusable cigarette case they protect my smokes well im sure they will protect first aid stuff well enuf)

almost forgot I carry an altoids tin with a couple coils of gardening wire for making snares, about 100 feet of fishing ling 20 hooks 10 jig bodies with jig hooks, sinkers, ( and with 8 wraps of duck tape around it to keep it shut but it also gives me about 3 to 5 feet of duck tape on my person) ;D

Offline ArmedSuspect

• Prepper
  • jump in it
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
the *hardware* part of what i keep on me every day.....

Glock 17 w/NS & X300
  35 rounds 124gr +P HST
Surefire LED Defender
5.11 Karambit Master
Benchmade 950 Rift
Oakley Flak Jackets

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »
Demko rebladed Recon 1 interesting.

I have and old Recon 1 in one of my tool kits....Is there not like a one year wait on a Demko knife?

Looking to add a good multi-tool to replace my Swiss army knife.  It's a good knife, better than some of the cheaper Gerber promo multi tools that the Swiss army knife replaced.  I do have a bunch of multi-tools at work, car, tool bags, back back, etc.  But it's not an EDC if I don't carry it... :)

Offline Veritas

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2011, 12:03:47 AM »
Glock 22 (40 cal) w/ a spare mag.
Tactical flashlight in belt holster.
Gerber multitool.
Kershaw lockblade knife.
Small swiss army knife.
spare vehicle key.
window punch / seat belt cutter / small led light (all on keychain)
small firesteel rod
small pen
cell phone

Offline Veritas

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2011, 12:28:23 AM »
when was the last time one of these jerks invaded a police station?

Well...there was that one guy....oh wait, he's dead. never mind :D

Offline Herew

• Survivor
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2011, 02:01:23 PM »
Just on my body:

Gerber EAB
Leatherman Micra
Fisher "Bullet" Space-Pen
mini lighter
MAG SOLITAIRE
Cell Phone
Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Wallet (ID, Cash, Insurance info, etc.)
Key Chain: keys for house, my truck, wife's car, handcuffs; can opener
Oakley Half-Jacket sunglasses

I hope to soon add a Walther P99 9mm and a can of pepper spray

Offline bama_medic

• Prepper
« Reply #147 on: July 17, 2011, 05:09:21 AM »
Hey mxitman. What model pistol is that you have in your edc items? That is a good looking pistol.

Offline UA8

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2011, 09:39:42 AM »
Hey mxitman. What model pistol is that you have in your edc items? That is a good looking pistol.

Just to expedite the answering of your question that pistol would be a Sig P380.  Nice guns that are supposed to emulate the controls of a 1911 in a small caliber and size.