Author Topic: Surthrival--Anyone heard of it?  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Westonian

• Prepper
  • Hallo!
Surthrival--Anyone heard of it?
« on: October 30, 2011, 04:38:59 AM »
I saw this online recently and it piqued my interest; half of it looks like solid fear-mongering though. Has anyone heard of this?

http://premium.naturalnews.tv/Surthrival_Vitalis_Adams__NN.htm

Thanks,
West

Offline jim124816

• Survivor
Re: Surthrival--Anyone heard of it?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:23:04 AM »
I just took a look at it.  I agree; it looks like a dose of fear mongering in order to separate you from your money.  If any of you decide to invest your  $49.00 in this, please let us know if we are wrong.  I suspect most of the good info from this program is right here on this forum.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:38:13 AM »
I've never heard of it.

After looking at the site, I must say that like the focus on survival in a suburb or city in a crisis situation because you don't see information on that topic covered all that much. However, as I look over the topics, the course doesn't appear to have an abundance of information that you couldn't find elsewhere. Without seeing it, I wouldn't know for sure though. It seems like a lot of information, but I don't know how detailed the videos can be in 4 hours considering the large number of topics that the site states are covered.

There is a bit of fear mongering in the sales pitch, but I don't know how you'd really sell an item on the subject of survival in an economic collapse without a bit of that. I don't think the pitch is over the top though and the video wasn't at all frightening.

I am completely turned off that the $49.00 price for streaming videos and that this offer doesn't include physical copies or suggest that you can download the videos or store them on your own. Smart people can get around this most likely, but still. The site states we are in the midst of collapse, which I would agree with, but apparently they think the internet will be accessible to review the videos. Sure it's only 4 hours of video, which a person could sit down and watch in a day, but this kind of information is best studied and worked through because it's not all going to be absorbed in one sitting.

If you order the course, please let us know if it's worthwhile.

Edit: The sale is over, or will be after today, so I guess the cost will be $79.00. To me, that is too expensive because I know that I've got more than half of the topics they cover already covered myself. Your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:24:07 AM by Nicodemus »

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • If you think you're close enough - get closer.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:05:24 AM »
"I suspect most of the good info from this program is right here on this forum."

Indeed, jim, I do think you are correct in this. One of the things this ad does provide - for free, I might add - is a good basic outline for prep training. Print off a copy and use it to guide your initial learning OR the periodic reviews that we should all be doing.

One thing to keep in mind about commercial programs like this is that not everybody has the time, wherewithal or even interest in the subject to spend hours and hours researching. It's better to have someone spend $50, get exposed to the subject to the point of knowing what questions to ask (that's about 25% of being prepared, anyway) and maybe get started down the prepping path, rather than have them wandering around with their thumb up somewhere it shouldn't be, the next time something hits.

Nic - I fully agree with you on the hard copy. If I am going to spend good money for information, I want something I can wrap my paws around and digest as I see fit, not just some bits and bytes floating around in the aether.

soup

Edit: $79.00 - NO WAY! $49, well, uh, maybe, if I really felt I need it, but never $79 for something like this. That's about the cost of a week's worth of emergency food for me and the Mrs.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:11:19 AM by soupbone »

Offline notsofast

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
Ummmm..... Yeeeaahhhh.... Not spending fifty bucks. First of all, almost everything I read is either covered here or on 2-3 other sites for free or on youtube. The rest kooks like new agey, well, crap to me. and, if you really read what they list, it really mostly stuff just being repeated and worded differently. Even IF I could afford to buy it, I wouldn't. But that's just me.

Offline Westonian

• Prepper
  • Hallo!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 05:08:43 PM »
Thank you for the thoughtful analysis gents. I agree with you. The only thing on there that piqued my interest was the talk of eating clay to slow toxin absorption, as wells the other nutritional/chemical strategies to detoxify. I've never heard of this stuff:

' The importance of eating clay (yes, eating CLAY) to protect yourself from toxins and radiation.'

' The ultimate toothpaste -- it's made with clay! Here's the product that protects your gums, cleans your teeth, and provides protection against toxic substances.'

'Information about zeolites and how they can be used to pull toxic material out of your body. (These were used to help clean Chernobyl.)'

I do think there seems to be some solid advice right on the main page, but without a paper copy of this info it's not worth more than 15 bucks. Maybe I should write them and tell them to write that s**t down.

Offline DocRokRx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Chemical Medic
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 01:10:58 AM »
hey you stingy fellows! how can you resist learning about the secret light beam weapon?!?!?! thats gotta be worth at least a 10-spot, right?  ;)

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 02:34:28 AM »
' The importance of eating clay (yes, eating CLAY) to protect yourself from toxins and radiation.'

Same reason they use it for cat litter, I'm sure.

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • If you think you're close enough - get closer.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »
Eating CLAY? And I thought MREs had some bad side effects in the end.............. :wut:

soup
 ::)

JoeD

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
Strickly speaking of clay, bentonite clay has long been viewed to have beneficial qualities for the body especially considering the toxins we are currently exposed to daily.  I wouldn't call myself a full fledged geophagist but I have eaten clay on a semi-regular basis for years now.  It is part of my personal health regime.  Not kidding and not being too new aggy, people around the world have been eating clay (dirt) as a dietary supplement since the dawn of time--full of serious minerals.   I'm happy with my dirt routine so I passed on connecting/viewing to the original link mentioned.

Just another happy, dirt eating, average Joe.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »
All,

I'm really, really jonesin' to get this. . .

I just . . .can't. . .resist. . .

I mean, for $50, I can . . ."Watch Daniel ignite wood with a magnifying glass"

I can't wait for the wife to get home!!  I gotta do it!!

The Professor

inbox485

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 02:11:32 PM »
I hate squeeze marketing with a passion. It is a massive product turnoff, and I'm certain I'm not alone on that one. Somehow I doubt this guy has anything worth $49 or the time to review it. I could be wrong. Anybody with $49 to blow (yes yesterday's special is over, but today features the same special and everyday in the foreseeable future will likely feature more of the same) is welcome to prove me wrong.