Author Topic: The Tactical Tailor  (Read 4093 times)

Offline 5.56

• Prepper
  • Born 150 years too late...
The Tactical Tailor
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
There is a great local company that I think some folks might find as a good asset. The company is the Tactical Tailor and a link to the main page of the website may be found here:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/

I found out about this company in 2000 when I was sent to Ft Lewis, Wa for a few weeks of training. At that time, Logan (former owner) did some quick modifications and repairs to my issued ruc. In 2002 after coming back from Afghanistan I contacted Logan about ordering a new chest rig telling him what worked and what didn't with my issue gear. My gear held up supurb over the next 5 years and is still in top condition today.

The staff is friendly, they stand behind their products, they'll repair their products when you've been too hard on them, they're all around good people, and everything is made in the USA.

Check them out and enjoy!

Rob

Offline Pathfinder

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: The Tactical Tailor
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:26:12 PM »
Semper fi, 5.56 - my son is a Pfc. in the Corps.

As for TT, I do not own anything by them, but I have yet to hear 1 bad thing about them, their products or their service. And I too have known about them for about 10 years.

Offline 5.56

• Prepper
  • Born 150 years too late...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »
Pathfinder,

Your son is at the beginning of an incredible adventure, I wish him Gods speed in the years to come. I was in from '96-'06 and did 7 combat deployments during that time, 6 of which were with my Tactical Tailor gear.

My chest rig is well worn and use it now for 3 gun competitions and at this rate will probably last the rest of my life. The soft sided suitcase that I have now carries my work gear and probably has another 5 years of life. Exceptional products.

Offline Remman

• Survivor
  • Forty Deuce
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
I own and have owned lots of TT gear.  Great kit.

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
Ya TT has some of the best gear, I think maxpedition & others have copied some of their designs. It was really sad when Logan passed away a few years ago in a car crash, wasn't sure was going to happen to the company...but their doing fine now...was just down there about a month ago to get a new bag. I have quite a bit of TT gear, my favorite everyday hat gets allot of attention...

Helps being local as I can just drive over there, but I have ordered some stuff online to send as gifts.

Offline PATCH5

• Prepper
  • Fast Moving Zombie
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I own and have owned lots of TT gear.  Great kit.
+1, so do I.
I used a tac tailor aid bag for a while in OIF 3, held up very well, I think the only aid bag I ever used that I liked better was a London Bridge bag.  Way better quality and stitching than most of the competitors.  Anyone who has worked with .mil field medics know that we stuff our bags waaaay past the breaking point, so having quality stitching makes a big difference.
I still use a couple different TT bags for range bags, FAKs, and multiple/misc pouches.  (I am pouch whore with my gear.  Its bad, very bad.  And none of it matches  ;D )

Offline Chemsoldier

• Pot Stirrer
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »
I own a number of their products.  I have pouches from a number of manufacturers and theirs have held up like they are armor plated.

Offline RussB

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • ReadinessDeals.com
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
Great Company, I used them non stop while at 2/75 on Lewis, really helpful if you want custom work done for door kicker gear.