Author Topic: Para Cord Belt  (Read 4872 times)

Offline CSlitherGo

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Para Cord Belt
« on: November 17, 2011, 04:40:05 AM »
 ;D I picked up this paracord belt from Robert at 8 Legs Web Belts.  The quality is outstanding, it wears great, and I have a lot of cord on me all the time.  He will do any combo of colors and has many buckles to choose from.  He also does many other items with cord.  Links to his sites are below, make sure and tell him CSlitherGo sent you. 8Legswebbelts@gmail.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/8LegsWebBelts

http://twitter.com/#%21/8LegsWebBelts

http://www.facebook.com/pages/8-Legs-Web-Belts/147732595275138

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:27:42 PM by Truik »

Offline Samuel Fairlane

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Para Cord Belt
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:00:38 AM »
Any idea how one of these belts would wear under a loaded down pistol belt? Can you get it really tight? It looks like it maybe to thick to get a belt keeper around it.

Offline CSlitherGo

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:30:33 AM »
It's about 1/4" thick and you can pull it tight.  When going through Levis jeans after the buckle it does pass though the pant belt loop doubled up with no problem.  I am heading out shortly and will see how it works in CC mode. 

Offline 5.56

• Prepper
  • Born 150 years too late...
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »
That's pretty dang cool! I've seen rifle slings like that before but never a belt. Does it pull tight or does the weave allow for alot of stretching?

Offline 8 Legs

• Fledgling Prepper
    • 8 Legs Shop
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
Hey guys, this is 8 Legs (the maker of the belt).  To answer the question about tightness, due to the weave you can set it to any size so you can make it as tight as you want.    As for stretching, let me answer that with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwrCXn1frTM&feature=channel_video_title

That's my friend pulling my car with one of my belts.  After the pull not only was it not stretched out, but the weave itself didn't look any different.

95bravo, the belts will definitely hold keepers, and besides I can do different widths to accommodate.  CSlitherGo, I look forward to hearing what you find out after a day of CC.  Due to where I work that's not an option for me so I've never actually tried it out. 

This is an awesome site by the way!  I had heard it referenced many times on some of the other prepper sites but wrongfully assumed it was literally only podcasts. 

Offline CSlitherGo

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 02:30:51 PM »
 ;D
My main CC holster is a paddle Galco so that it fits in the small of my back.  My other holster is a Galco where the belt threads through two loops one on each end of the gun and again holds it in the small of my back.  Both of these were tested with a Glock 19 and function well with this belt. 

Can't recommend this belt enough, just love it.
C

Offline BassManNate

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
I'm really torn about these. On one hand, they're a great way to carry a LOT of cordage with you at all times. On the other hand, having a good leather belt is a great way to ensure you have a means to strop your knives at all times.  :P

Offline CSlitherGo

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »
I can see the advantage of having leather but this way I can wear my cord and the wife likes the belt color.  I guess that's important don't you think....   :-X