Author Topic: As a self healed Stage 3 cancer survivor..  (Read 17138 times)

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Never buy nothin from a man named true"
    • Cold Creek Homestead
As a self healed Stage 3 cancer survivor..
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
http://www.ihealthtube.com/aspx/viewvideo.aspx?v=3c2bb4f600fe586b

This video really hit home for me.. I feel It's not a bad idea to once a year or more often to treat ourselves for cancer..even when none is present.. my favorite statement "If it wasn't here 100 years ago we don't need it" makes me think about a lot of things really..It's worth the watch..because your worth it.. ;)

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: As a self healed Stage 3 cancer survivor..
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »
It is interesting that Dr. Coldwell advocates a vegan diet, yet cancer was virtually unknown in hunter gatherer populations like the Inuit, that ate zero vegetables. Or the Masai that lived exclusively on meat, milk, and blood from cattle.

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »
It is interesting that Dr. Coldwell advocates a vegan diet, yet cancer was virtually unknown in hunter gatherer populations like the Inuit, that ate zero vegetables. Or the Masai that lived exclusively on meat, milk, and blood from cattle.
Yes, but the meat these people ate are not the GMO corn and pesticide fed beef etc we get in the supermarkets today. Cancer in this country was rare prior to about 1960 and since the 80s there has been an astronomical increase to include children.

Some animal protein is essential in the human diet. I know some will disagree but there are some things the vegetable diet will not supply. What a purely vegetable diet does for cancer is starve it of protein for growth and causes the body to scavange for protein - the first to go is "bad" protein; hence the body then attacks the cander directly as a protein source.

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 11:45:50 PM »
Yes, but the meat these people ate are not the GMO corn and pesticide fed beef etc we get in the supermarkets today. Cancer in this country was rare prior to about 1960 and since the 80s there has been an astronomical increase to include children.

Some animal protein is essential in the human diet. I know some will disagree but there are some things the vegetable diet will not supply. What a purely vegetable diet does for cancer is starve it of protein for growth and causes the body to scavange for protein - the first to go is "bad" protein; hence the body then attacks the cander directly as a protein source.
this is very true one of the things I did almost 5 1/2 years ago was stop eating synthetic meat..not vegie meat but supermarket special stuff..we hunt fish so on and so forth for our meat I'm not advocating becoming a vegan as it can cause damage in the short long run but in small amounts like fasting it has It's right time and place.. funny thing have you ever watched let's say Anthony bordain no reservations..well if you come across it pay attention to when he is in another country and all they're eating is whole pigs real butter sausage of all kinds..yet the only over weight people you see are the American tourists..hmmm well IMHO It's because American people don't even eat real fat anymore!! Everything is synthetic and our bodies don't know how to use it so they store it away.. you couldn't pay me to eat anything but real butter..synthetic kills..IMHO..

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »
this is very true one of the things I did almost 5 1/2 years ago was stop eating synthetic meat..not vegie meat but supermarket special stuff..we hunt fish so on and so forth for our meat I'm not advocating becoming a vegan as it can cause damage in the short long run but in small amounts like fasting it has It's right time and place.. funny thing have you ever watched let's say Anthony bordain no reservations..well if you come across it pay attention to when he is in another country and all they're eating is whole pigs real butter sausage of all kinds..yet the only over weight people you see are the American tourists..hmmm well IMHO It's because American people don't even eat real fat anymore!! Everything is synthetic and our bodies don't know how to use it so they store it away.. you couldn't pay me to eat anything but real butter..synthetic kills..IMHO..
And one of the most synthetic "butters" is margarine; one molecule away from being a plastic. It doesn't decompose easily and insects won' eat it apparently. To think I used to put that junk on toast 40 years ago being led to believe it was "healthy"(!)

annestacey

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:49:52 AM »

It's nice to hear someone else say what I keep trying to tell people.  I only eat real organic grass-fed butter.  I try to select only grass-fed beef without hormones or antibiotics or GMO.   You are right in that it's the synthetic junk in processed foods that cause obesity.  The body can't process it.  We need to be eating natural foods provided by nature in order to be healthy.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 09:49:19 AM »
Cancer in this country was rare prior to about 1960 and since the 80s there has been an astronomical increase to include children.

Cancer has been around in one form or another in man since the beginning.  It is just that since humans have lived longer and has had an increase in healthcare, cancer has come to the forefront.  3rd world countries with lower life expectancy also have lower rates of cancer, but that is because most of these people die first from other things.

I am not saying that there are not things in our environment that are contributing to an increase in cancer, but it is misleading to say cancer was rare.  Many people died from cancer, but it was unknown that it was cancer.  Someone would waste away, or start coughing up blood for no reason. 

A healthy lifestyle and proper eating can help in the prevention of cancer, but not eliminate the possibility of cancer.

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
Cancer has been around in one form or another in man since the beginning.  It is just that since humans have lived longer and has had an increase in healthcare, cancer has come to the forefront.  3rd world countries with lower life expectancy also have lower rates of cancer, but that is because most of these people die first from other things.

I am not saying that there are not things in our environment that are contributing to an increase in cancer, but it is misleading to say cancer was rare.  Many people died from cancer, but it was unknown that it was cancer.  Someone would waste away, or start coughing up blood for no reason. 

A healthy lifestyle and proper eating can help in the prevention of cancer, but not eliminate the possibility of cancer.
Cancer was identified a long time ago; institutional medicine in the civilized world was performing surgeries and autopsies centuries ago. Around the turn of the 20th century, it was properly classified by people like Dr. John Beard. It was comparatively rare prior to the 1960s; the numbers show this.

It seems every ten years or so, the medical establishment (and other institutional organs on other subjects) likes to re-spin history. Fortunately some of us are old enough to recall how many people around them - directly, related or by third party knowledge  - had or died of cancer. You can say the same thing of diabetes.

And fortunately there are still old books around that tell the story going back before our time.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
I don't think cancer ws significantly less prevelant than it is today in comparable populations, I think the issue is that when people are dying of dysentary, black lung, small pox, malnutrition, and a host of other things that have been all but solved with modern medicine in first world countries, whether or not that person had cancer is irrelevant.  Cancer is not going to be looked for and listed as a cause of death, so it will seem like it wasn't even there.  I deal with numbers in the medical field all day, and I have a pretty good idea of what they can hide.

I am just saying that it has always been around, and it is tricky enough that we don't always know what causes it.

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
I don't think cancer ws significantly less prevelant than it is today in comparable populations, I think the issue is that when people are dying of dysentary, black lung, small pox, malnutrition, and a host of other things that have been all but solved with modern medicine in first world countries, whether or not that person had cancer is irrelevant.  Cancer is not going to be looked for and listed as a cause of death, so it will seem like it wasn't even there.  I deal with numbers in the medical field all day, and I have a pretty good idea of what they can hide.

I am just saying that it has always been around, and it is tricky enough that we don't always know what causes it.
In Europe and elsewhere medical institutions were not ignorant of cancers and it was the focus plenty of attention before the 20th century.

The conditions you describe here were largely absent from older cultures and more common in colonized areas and populations of first world countries.  Malnutrition has historically been more the results of climate in old cultures and economic/geo-political forces in europe and it's colonies.

We do have a new form of malnutrition I shall refer to as junk food - and a junk science that endorses and protects it. This malnutrition is most prevelent in this country now, which perhaps partially explains why we now rank about 175 out of 200+ countries on infant mortality rate.

Speaking of numbers, you have to look pretty hard now to find easily accessible numbers on cancer rates by year going back before the 1970s from the major institutions.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:31:04 AM »
The conditions you describe here were largely absent from older cultures and more common in colonized areas and populations of first world countries.  Malnutrition has historically been more the results of climate in old cultures and economic/geo-political forces in europe and it's colonies.

There are villages in Africa and South America that would disagree with that statement.

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
There are villages in Africa and South America that would disagree with that statement.
what would they disagree with? The fact that they're starving because we buy all of their local resources so we can have mangos or the like in January? Or pay to have any jungles left cut down for cattle range..third world was a term the English made true..here's the deal were the only country in the entire world that is obese and suffering from malnutrition AT THE SAME TIME and I don't mean there's a kid down the block starving I mean there's an obese kid down the block that is seriously suffering from malnutrition..for a fact.. when you see a feed the children advert on tv those people are starving not from their lack of ability to afford It's because we need to be a country that can be overweight and malnutritioned at the same time.. growing up in two very distinct cultures one being Native American I can tell you that diseases were not really around include cancer until Europeans hit the shores..we smoked tobacco yet no lung cancer..guess what it became mass produced sprayed with a ton of addictive chemicals and rolled up in paper infused with gun powder all in the name of progress..and we have done the same with our food from cow to carrot tomato to turnip It's all altered for the quick advantage of a larger sum of $ and we suffer for it.. our bodies can't process the food we eat and the plain and simple fact is the food we eat out of a market has 70% less nutrition than it used to have.. cancer is for the most part a man made problem IMHO.. and It's really hard for people to acknowledge that fact..I mean my lord half of the FDA approved medications CAN ON A RARE CASE CAUSE CANCER well it must not have been to rare for them to have it been prevalent enough in their studies to include it as a possible side effect! Not to mention more people die from trying to cure cancer the scientific way then they do from cancer and if they do live through the treatment and killed the cancer they initially had ta da! You now have a 80% chance of lukemia..so were you really cured our did you just pay into the multi trillion dollar cancer industries....

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
My point is that cancer in humans has been around since there has been humans.  I am over half native american from both sides and have heard stories of some elders coughing blood and having breathing problems.  Common?  No, but it still happened.  What it emphysema or cancer?  I don't know, but that doesn't mean it wasn't.  I think it is easy for people to blame alot of the worlds woes on the advent of technology, but just because said technology is contributing to the problem, doesn't mean the problem wasn't there to some degree to begin with.  The problem seemed smaller because there were less than half as many humans as there are now, records for the most part were not kept, medicine wasn't as advanced as it is now, and people were dying from alot of things that we like to think we have done alot to eradicate.

And the disagreement is that "Malnutrition has historically been more the results of climate in old cultures and economic/geo-political forces in europe and it's colonies." 

Cancer is not a manmade problem.  It is a natural occurance many other animals besides humans. 

The side effect statement is because one component in their product has one link somewhere to cancer, it must now be labeled as a possibility, whether it occured in the study or not.  I have not only read up on the research, I have helped to perform it. 

Are there things out there that the mainstream doesn't accept that might work?  There sure is, it is just a matter of spreading the word well.  I have lost multiple family members to cancer, it runs in my family, and it is pretty indescriminate when it comes to the health and eating habits of who it chooses to take in my family.

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »
My point is that cancer in humans has been around since there has been humans.  I am over half native american from both sides and have heard stories of some elders coughing blood and having breathing problems.  Common?  No, but it still happened.  What it emphysema or cancer?  I don't know, but that doesn't mean it wasn't.  I think it is easy for people to blame alot of the worlds woes on the advent of technology, but just because said technology is contributing to the problem, doesn't mean the problem wasn't there to some degree to begin with.  The problem seemed smaller because there were less than half as many humans as there are now, records for the most part were not kept, medicine wasn't as advanced as it is now, and people were dying from alot of things that we like to think we have done alot to eradicate.

And the disagreement is that "Malnutrition has historically been more the results of climate in old cultures and economic/geo-political forces in europe and it's colonies." 

Cancer is not a manmade problem.  It is a natural occurance many other animals besides humans. 

The side effect statement is because one component in their product has one link somewhere to cancer, it must now be labeled as a possibility, whether it occured in the study or not.  I have not only read up on the research, I have helped to perform it. 

Are there things out there that the mainstream doesn't accept that might work?  There sure is, it is just a matter of spreading the word well.  I have lost multiple family members to cancer, it runs in my family, and it is pretty indescriminate when it comes to the health and eating habits of who it chooses to take in my family.
I'm sorry but once again I have to disagree with most not all but most.. I BEAT STAGE THREE CERVICAL CANCER THAT SPREAD TO MY OVERIES while creating a child.. I was told at five months to terminate my pregnancy! Get a full on hysto and begin not chemotherapy but straight up radiation and IF I did that I would have a 30% survival rate.. today my daughter is almost five..and after birth I was down to just stage one abnormal cells three months later I WAS CANCER FREE and am in some random medical book on some shelf according to my obgyn..

Being 50% blood quantum blackfoot Alberta nation a completely non treaty tribe(Canadian clan) my elders also talked of others coughing blood at sundance during sweat but it was always the suiox or the like clan as many began to accept European grown tobacco as trade..and sure enough it did the trick..

Cancer being a cell that doesn't reproduce correctly over and over again is something that is more likely to occur when we put things in our body that can not EVER be filtered out..such as red dyes of every lake # all 150 forms of MSG and so so soooooo many other things..

I get the impression you work for the scientific medical community so I understand and respect your view but your side of the fence(not you personally) really if were talking numbers have failed on a catastrophic level... And the numbers of people whom have lived well with or through cancer with no "scientific" medication will never be documented..

yes at some point way back when someone's cell didn't reproduce correctly..but in a proper working immune system that cell would be taken out quickly and nothing would come of it..but now that humans take antibiotics FOR EVERYTHING(an un used immune system is an abused one) one little glitch in our cell reproduction and BAM cancer masses from intestine to brain in a matter of months..

Also there is no "scientific" proof that cancer runs in a family but the funny thing is we in the soft herbal community see it plain as day you or someone you know may be RH neg in with your blood type so every time you have a child you have to get a shot so your body will accept the growing fetus..for a fact it used to be to get married in most states you had to have a blood compatibility test done prior to marriages to insure you could have children safely..

Well now we force it..we force incompatible cells to come to life..so It's not a shock to that so many people nowa days have cells that quickly mutate and kill.. I am RH in blood type and proud of it as It's not common any more with such extensive breeding within different cultures... But I'm rambling...

Needless to say by cutting all processed food from my diet constantly cleaning my system in old ways(don't know how involved you are with your traditions/tribe) lots of real blood root, sweating hard with deep kahoushh coush root and a lot of other things I beat the cancer I believe with all of my being that the ways of our society gave to me..(no I didn't have hpv, full on cancer)  as far as cancer in animals I'm politely not going to get into that conversation but I've never cut open a kill and found any growths what so ever..

As far as the FDA goes ha well I'm sorry I don't trust a privately run pharmaceutical company to tell me what's safe.. I also don't see that we've come very far with medical advancement(medicine wise) as people would like to believe..most medicines cause more complications than the initial problem..speaking directly to you as a native I'm sure your elders have told you that our creator has given us a cure for all ailments but we must accept it as it is given..but we don't we rip plants apart DNA strand by DNA strand to come up with a medicine..when really we had it in our hands the whole time..t.he way it grew..

I think people have a hard time admitting were worse of in MANY ways now than we were a few hundred years ago...health included..

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 09:36:09 PM »
On a side note did you know that your body completely replaces every cell in your body in 72 hours...so three days..clean your blood,get your gut right, and get things in line and in 72 hours you get a new chance to make your body clean and start from scratch..

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
On a side note did you know that your body completely replaces every cell in your body in 72 hours...so three days..clean your blood,get your gut right, and get things in line and in 72 hours you get a new chance to make your body clean and start from scratch..

Umm...no.  Not true. 

For a start....red blood cells circulate for 120 days before being recycled, and nerve cells are never replaced, only lost...forever.  I could go on, but...I've lost too many neurons...

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
Umm...no.  Not true. 

For a start....red blood cells circulate for 120 days before being recycled, and nerve cells are never replaced, only lost...forever.  I could go on, but...I've lost too many neurons...
This is not rue either. The regeneration of nerve cells is slow, and there are complications to even partial healing of nerve damage, but to say that they do not regenerate is false.

RE: Malnutrition in Africa etc. It has little to do with their diet, and plenty with availability. It is climate and or geo-political agendas that have affected nutrition in places like Africa.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 06:22:03 AM »
I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.  I am happy that you were able to beat cancer, not everyone can.  It starts with a strong mindset first and foremost. 

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 09:09:36 AM »
Excuse me I mis quoted the cell rate of different cells

Umm...no.  Not true. 

For a start....red blood cells circulate for 120 days before being recycled

so I will let my teacher of eight years correct us.. don't let her "looks" fool you she is one of the most accredited herbal practitioners to date...
 http://www.susunweed.com/herbal_ezine/June06/anti-cancer.htm
This is how your liver works while this does not really advocate everything in the video and nor do I it will explain very detailed about your blood cells being replaced...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:24:29 AM by FromScratchWoman »

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:49 PM »
This is not rue either. The regeneration of nerve cells is slow, and there are complications to even partial healing of nerve damage, but to say that they do not regenerate is false.

Peripheral nerves have some ability to regenerate after injury, not so much with the CNS.  My point was that these cells do not turnover like we see in other organs, certainly not every 72 hours.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:32:58 PM »
Excuse me I mis quoted the cell rate of different cells
  so I will let my teacher of eight years correct us.. don't let her "looks" fool you she is one of the most accredited herbal practitioners to date...

She's got a fair amount of it right, with some wackiness thrown in (my opinion), but not way too far out there, compared to what I expected.  I'll give her extra credit for not duping her followers into a liver detox program, she's definitely on the right track there. 
Avoid liver cleanses. Herbal and other products and regimes which claim to cleanse the liver can damage and destroy cells. The liver cannot be dirty; and it does not need to be cleansed.

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 04:00:27 AM »
nerve cells are never replaced
That was the claim.

Even spinal nerve cells re-generate. The difficulties getting the "connection" up and running again are another subject, and advances are being made in facilitating this as well.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
That was the claim.

Even spinal nerve cells re-generate. The difficulties getting the "connection" up and running again are another subject, and advances are being made in facilitating this as well.

So, functionally, what's the difference?  A re-generated neuronal body that can't connect doesn't strike me as any more useful than a non-existant neuron.

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 02:36:27 AM »
Well, the fact is they do re-generate. Apparently one of the complications to reconnecting is scar tissue and ways are being found to overcome that too.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 02:06:28 PM »
Well, the fact is they do re-generate. Apparently one of the complications to reconnecting is scar tissue and ways are being found to overcome that too.

But will those methods be "natural" or rely on targeted genetic manipulation, stemcells, immunosuppression, corticosteroids, and other products of the sinister "scientific" medical industrial complex?

Offline FromScratchWoman

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Cold Creek Homestead
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 02:10:23 AM »
Do a google search; nerve regeneration spinal injuries. You'll find enough to read for a few years.

Can I have some popcorn??

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 03:29:43 AM »
But are any of these experimental methods for neuronal/axonal regeneration natural and devoid of the evils of modern scientific medicine and big pharma?

Offline RPZ

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »
Maybe, maybe not. But it is not nerve cell regeneration itself that is the issue.

There are places in the world too where big pharma and modern "scientific medicine" do not dictate via a puppet regulatory agencies what people can and can not chose for treatment for various conditions and diseases. I know of one major hospital in Japan where the Gerson diet was being used to treat cancer for example, and very sucessfully at that.

The Leonardis Clinic in Germany uses chemotherapy in a manner that is illegal in this country. They test each patient for sensitivty, and select the chemo they feel is best suited to the individual patient and type of cancer. The result is that they have had a tremedous success rates with little or no side effects. In this country chemo treatments are categorized and cannot be used outside their pharma proscribed protocols.

Another google for you.

Online FreeLancer

• Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 06:04:03 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. But it is not nerve cell regeneration itself that is the issue.

I'm going with probably not. 

There are places in the world too where big pharma and modern "scientific medicine" do not dictate via a puppet regulatory agencies what people can and can not chose for treatment for various conditions and diseases. I know of one major hospital in Japan where the Gerson diet was being used to treat cancer for example, and very sucessfully at that.

And there are plenty of people in this country who choose to eschew scientific medicine in favor of alternative/natural therapies for cancer.  And they still die, we see it all the time.  My wife practices palliative medicine and tells me horror stories every week, of people with treatable tumors who didn't seek scientific medical treatment until whatever natural therapies they were pursuing were obviously not working.  And by then the cancer has progressed to the point where it is not treatable.  And they die.

Just look at Steve Jobs.  Here's a guy with a bright mind, lots of money and options, and he chooses to initially treat his pancreatic cancer with a "natural" regimen, delaying medical treatment until it was too late to provide a cure.  All the oncologists I've spoken with agree that his form of pancreatic cancer was an unusual subtype that is eminently treatable with chemotherapy.  He could still be around today, dreaming up new must-have products to inflict on society.

The Leonardis Clinic in Germany uses chemotherapy in a manner that is illegal in this country. They test each patient for sensitivty, and select the chemo they feel is best suited to the individual patient and type of cancer. The result is that they have had a tremedous success rates with little or no side effects. In this country chemo treatments are categorized and cannot be used outside their pharma proscribed protocols.

That is done in the US as well, chemotherapeutic agents are used off label all the time.  One of my partners is starting his second experimental chemotherapy protocol for malignant melanoma after undergoing sensitivity testing to ensure that his tumor cells have a chance of responding to it.  He's one of a handful of patient's who've received it and it doesn't have that bad of a side-effect profile.  But there is still not much hope that it will be effective, because malignant melanoma is a really, really bad actor.

From what we know now, the risk factors for developing cancer are probably 50% based on factors outside of lifestyle or environment, probably mostly our genetic inheritance.  That means that you could do everything right and still get cancer.  Cancer is not something new, our cell biology has been susceptible to sabotage from internal and external insults for as long as we've been around.  Paleopathologists find evidence of metastatic prostate cancer in skeletal remains from 3000 years ago, rhabdomyosarcoma in mummified children in the Andes, and we have good clinical descriptions of cancer from classical greco-roman times.  Being alive puts us at risk of dying from something.  If trauma, infection, or organ failure don't kill us first, the chances of dying from cancer is just that much higher.

Probably the most promising of treatments for cancer will revolve around immunotherapy and vaccination.  Teaching our immune systems to recognize and destroy tumor cells could totally revolutionize oncology.  That would be truly amazing, but it doesn't qualify as a "natural" treatment, does it?  Certainly more natural than poisoning the body with chemotherapy.  But aren't those vaccines supposed to be an evil plot dreamed up by big pharma in collusion with the government and the medical/industrial complex?

I'm really not trying to be an asshole about this (maybe it just comes naturally), I just want to attempt to shine some rationality on the arguments surrounding the issue of natural vs scientific medicine.  The idea that everything that is "natural" is automatically good and efficacious is logically fallacious.  There are plenty of "natural" ways to die.  And on the other hand, you can't say that scientific medicine has all the answers either, because we are constantly learning, through trial and error, what works and what doesn't.  But the goal is to work our way to a better understanding of disease and effective treatment by utilizing the tools of science.  We don't continue to give people medications that have an unacceptable risk/reward profile, we admit we were wrong and take it off the market, eventually, as sometimes it takes us longer to admit we screwed up than we should have.  You can't say that about most natural therapies, where the same old thing is done over and over again, despite the absence of evidence that it does anything.  We can't get away with that in the scientific medical/industrial complex, we've continually got show that what we do works.

And I reject the notion that "nature" has all the answers, because "nature" plays both sides of the fence. "Nature" is just as apt to behave like a psychotic bitch, as like a nurturing mother.  Just as soon as we come alive we are in a constant battle for survival, because, despite "her" granting us the privilege of living on this planet, "nature" begins the process of trying to kill us, some of us sooner rather than later.  "Nature" both giveth and taketh away, usually with no rhyme or reason that we are able to fathom. 

Shit Happens.  That's "nature" acting in "her" normal chaotic way and the sooner we come to terms with that, the better.  Reality is probably best described in shades of gray, rather than black and white, because nothing is rarely that well defined.  I think that it's important to make peace with this fact, "whether times get tough, or even if they don't."