Author Topic: Business Ideas  (Read 3276 times)

Offline viper08

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Business Ideas
« on: December 14, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »
Hello,
 I am looking to start a business of some type to earn some extra income and pay off some property I got stuck with. I am not looking for quick cash or to replace my current job. All I am looking for is to be able to control part of my income without a huge investment. Do any of you have any ideas on some type of low investment business that I can make some money with relatively fast eg less than 6 months?
I am thinking possibly finding a good wholesaler and selling on eBay or something like that maybe. I am still pretty unsure.

Thanks

Offline mxitman

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Entrepreneur/HVAC Mechanic/Electrician
    • Heezy
Re: Business Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:25 PM »
eBay is old news, it's hard getting started making anything there unless your marketing something someone else can't get...if your looking for wholesale...somebody is probably already doing it. I used to sell allot on there, but due to all their increasing fee's and having to use paypal which is owned by eBay the margins kept getting slimmer and slimmer...I've pretty much closed down all my selling on there.

Don't get me wrong it can be done. If your really into it, you can make it work. You need to give some more info; how much time are you willing to commit?, how much is a small investment? Some may say $1000 is small, some say $10K... look at http://www.bizbuysell.com it's the eBay of business's for sale...you can look there....lots of people start business's and then sell them on there.

Good luck!

Offline viper08

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
Time wise I am looking at an hour or two a day from a computer and maybe a couple from my phone while working. And investment wise I can spare about $150 a month. Hope this helps.

Offline technicalanarchy

• Senior Survivalist
  • That's Pep in my profile pic
    • Response Technical
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »
I do computer work for myself. I really want to get into some cctv and neat house stuff. There is some awesome smarthouse stuff avalible and securtity stuff on ebay.

Just a thought.