Author Topic: Guns in Public, and Out of Sight  (Read 1162 times)

Offline dep190

• Dedicated Contributor
Guns in Public, and Out of Sight
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
 I found this article on Police link which was posted from An article from the Newyork Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/us/more-concealed-guns-and-some-are-in-the-wrong-hands.html?_r=2&v=1

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
Re: Guns in Public, and Out of Sight
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:20:28 AM »
Typical New York Times.

Agenda, agenda, agenda.

Guns don't kill (or assault) people, people do.  That guy might be the best firefighter in the state, but he certainly has anger issues that need addressing.  Guess they will be, now.

~TG

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
Did it matter that the guy had a CCW?  No.  He broke the law.  He is being punished for breaking the law.  Whether he had a permit or not is irrelevant.  He didn't mention the other 239,999 law abiding citizens of North Carolina who are carrying concealed and don't have road rage issues.
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
I"d like to see the stats on how many road rage incidents happen with non-ccw people with guns..

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline OldManSchmidt

• Dedicated Contributor
  • There is such a thing as too low.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
My question is, why didn't the other guy with a family make sure he could respond to the threat effectively?  What would he have been able to do had the shooter been firing at his wife or son instead of him other than be a human shield?  Give me 2 hours and I can be in possession of a firearm with no background check and no questions asked from a person that I am quite certain cannot lawfully own firearms.  It isn't that I know who to go to, it is just that I know what part of town to go to.  I can lawfully own firearms, but if I can do it, a criminal can too.

Frankly, this is a pointless article meant to vilify guns and we lawful gun owners that own and carry them.  I agree, typical New York Times.
Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me -- Psalm 23
If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to.  This is the last stand on Earth. -- Ronald Reagan
I never signed onto this gig to save the world, just my little piece of it. -- OMS

Offline DocRokRx

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Chemical Medic
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:05:25 AM »
this article obviously doesnt show the opposing statistics (or any statistics really)...
also- I know it probably wouldnt have changed the story if he didn't have it,  but how the hell could that bordeaux dude still have his permit?!?!
JCM

"like so many others, wonders what heck is up with the inflatable goat thing"

homeshow

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 08:17:51 AM »
Definitely a slanted article.  How many road rage assaults per year?  How many are fatalities?  How many with a coffee cup?  If you inserted the phrase coffee cup in place of gun how many papers will that sell?

I googled road rage and coffee cup.  Lots of articles there.

In my opinion the new York times is worse than a bad pimple you can't reach.