Author Topic: DIY keychain spork  (Read 1826 times)

Offline jericanman

• Prepper
  • dorset rocks
DIY keychain spork
« on: January 20, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »
i made a new keychain tool,

the micro spork

this used to be part of a set of clip together kfife. fork and spoon,

all i did was take the fork , (was basilcy a spork, allready curved)

sharpened the ends and cut it down to size,

or you can use a small file and make one from a spoon,

then i used an old keyring allen key set that i had taken off the srping like keychain attachment.

glued in place then added to my key chain :)

gets used a lot more than my noraml spork as it is allways with me, no more sub standard wooden forks for your  fish and chips, dont want to use chopsticks with your noodles,  mini spork

1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

Offline ttubravesrock

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
Re: DIY keychain spork
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
I'm trying to think of a cheap, easy way to keep that on the keychain, but cover the spork while it is in your pocket.  Both for safety and cleanliness.  Maybe felt would work?

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
Oh just wipe it off before you use it.  Well unless you have a job cleaning porta potties.  Or I guess if you had a lighter you could heat it to clean it. 

I love that little thing.  and right on my key chain.  So many time I could have used it.  Will have to make me one. Thanks for the idea ;D
There is no $50 job that I can't do without a $100 worth of new tools.

Offline ttubravesrock

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »
Oh just wipe it off before you use it.  Well unless you have a job cleaning porta potties.  Or I guess if you had a lighter you could heat it to clean it. 

I love that little thing.  and right on my key chain.  So many time I could have used it.  Will have to make me one. Thanks for the idea ;D

My main reason was because he said he sharpened the edges.  I don't want to reach into my pocket and stab or slice myself if I can avoid it. 

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »
yeah sharp things in the pocket not good.  Reaching in or sitting ouch.  But you wouldn't have to make it that sharp.  The tines could be more rounded like your keys are.  I could also see just drilling a hole in the handle ad a small ring then add it to your key chain.  you could even add a quick release thing so you did have to eat with all your keys dangling.  If that didn't work for me then having just a spoon would be a good alternative. 

something so simple for all the times I had to use a knife shoot just add a spoon that's a duh why didn't I think of that. 
There is no $50 job that I can't do without a $100 worth of new tools.

Offline Thom

• Survivor
  • WARNING: Not suitable for public consumption
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
That is awesome!  I need to make me one.  Although I think I'll put it on the keyring in my EDC bag that has my can opener and all on it.  That thing could cause some serious damage in my pocket.  I can just imagine putting my hand in my pocket to grab my change out at the end of the day and jamming that under my fingernail.  Great idea.
I'm tired of having to filter the crazy out of the news.

Offline jericanman

• Prepper
  • dorset rocks
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
well its not realy sharp, it was rounded before, it was too dull to stab food as a fork shud do, its now sharp enuff to do the job , it sits on my wenger key chain with all my other gear, the gerber artifact hangs lower than it and i have not had a problem stabbing my self with it, or it getting my pockets

as for keeping it clean, just lick off all the food when you finish eating, and whipe on you t - shirt before you use, im no clean freak i dont think a slightly dirty spork will kill me. id be more conserned with the forks and like you get at takeaways normaly they are sitting in a big tub gathering dust.
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.