Author Topic: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!  (Read 26764 times)

Offline Insidious

• Senior Survivalist
Re: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »
this is so NOT a racist/sexist/-ist forum that I was TOTALLY confused when I saw the topic. (thought I was missing some kind of joke)

=)
Warning! Pig may explode!

Offline maxrobes

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2012, 05:02:04 AM »
Nations are never built on disagreements and differences but of commonality.

Offline jasperg357

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
It has been my experience that there are two kinds of people in the world, people who are assholes and people who aren't, if you run across some one who's a asshole it really doesn't matter what color there skin is.
Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree....Martin Luther

"Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them
are not really progress at all, but just terrible things."
Russell Baker

Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing and his own dying....Martin Luther

Offline Outdoorfury

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Si vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »
It has been my experience that there are two kinds of people in the world, people who are assholes and people who aren't, if you run across some one who's a asshole it really doesn't matter what color there skin is.
I concur. I hold the same viewpoint. Issue came up last night at dinner. "I said really? I think as a society we should be past this or we are never going to get anywhere"
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! Patrick Henry

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time" Bob Marley

"I can't surrender. I don't know how!" Captain America

Offline Project X

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »
I've been pretty much absent from the forums for the past month and a half. So i have no clue what post got this posted but this is the first one I saw when i logged on two minutes ago and this is one reason I love being apart of this community. 

If this place had even the slightest hate feel to it I would NOT be apart of it!!!

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
...i have no clue what post got this posted ...
Unfortunately, we had someone show up with a swastika tattooed on his forehead. He was gone in short order. He seemed to think people like us would be like him. He was shown the door and then kicked through it.
"I went down Virginia, seekin' shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain."

...A quote from the book 'Mataroda' comes to mind:
'To do more than your best is impossible, to do less is unthinkable'
WWCD = What would Cedar do?

Offline hillclimber

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
Unfortunately, we had someone show up with a swastika tattooed on his forehead. He was gone in short order. He seemed to think people like us would be like him. He was shown the door and then kicked through it.
LOL! at least he hung his shingle out where everyone could see it!!

Seriously, until this thread, the race issue on this board never even occurred to me. I mean like totally a non issue. I never even thought about what color other folks here were.
I feel like a little kid who just noticed the circus clown has a U.S.N. tattoo on his hairy arm. ;D

Note to self, do not look behind the curtain.
"A shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive, a country boy can survive"

Offline Project X

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »

Charles manson joined the forum????  I would have never thought him to be a prepper...

Offline Mysphet

• Prepper
  • North Oregon Coast Prepper
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
Thanks, Mr. Bill!

Offline Thom

• Survivor
  • WARNING: Not suitable for public consumption
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012, 10:54:15 PM »

Charles manson joined the forum????  I would have never thought him to be a prepper...

Well, he IS up for parole next week.  Maybe he's just doing some catching up until the let him loose...like he's ever going anywhere without a body bag.
I'm tired of having to filter the crazy out of the news.

Offline Project X

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 06:17:03 AM »
I glad.someone picked up that joke and went with it...

Offline CrunchDog

• Survivor
  • For my wife, for my daughter, for our life.
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
Wow, never got that vibe at all from here. As a Filipino member with a White wife, the only White Power I'm ok with is the White Power Ranger.

Bad joke? hahaha, I tried.

Offline Project X

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
Wow, never got that vibe at all from here. As a Filipino member with a White wife, the only White Power I'm ok with is the White Power Ranger.

Bad joke? hahaha, I tried.

I'm a fan of the pink one.... ;-)

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 08:47:30 PM »
It bothers me a lot to have to post this.  But we occasionally have new members wandering in here, from Stormfront or wherever, who assume that since we are survivalists we must be white separatists.

If that describes you, you're seriously in the wrong place.  The members of The Survival Podcast Forum are of every race and mixture of races.  Prepping is for everybody.

I get a laugh out of white separatists who think of themselves as "leaders".  No, folks, you are followers.  You're following the oldest lie in human society: that we must fight people who are not our close relatives.  That's not a recipe for survival, it's the seed of eternal conflict, death and suffering.  Wake up!

Just in case it's not completely clear: racists of any race are unwelcome on TSP Forum.

There are reports from other forums that it is the NSA http://www.nsa.gov/ that has been visiting websites such as this one and posting remarks that are intended to evoke a racist response as well as to cause division not only between forum members but between various forums. Research into the origin of the posts have determined that they have all come from one location operated by NSA. I am by myself unable to determine whether or not that is fact, and it is somewhat irrelevant as it does not really matter from where such attacks come from. They don't belong here. This place nor any other survival/preparedness orientated website, doesn't welcome or entertain the sentiment or nature of any divisive or bigoted appeals to any individual or groups with racist or divisive intent or agenda. Furthermore the survival/preparedness community is not one of contention, exploitation,  but of  cooperation and fellowship.   

Offline Truik

• Perpetual Student
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »

There are reports from other forums that it is the NSA http://www.nsa.gov/ that has been visiting websites such as this one and posting remarks that are intended to evoke a racist response as well as to cause division not only between forum members but between various forums. Research into the origin of the posts have determined that they have all come from one location operated by NSA. I am by myself unable to determine whether or not that is fact, and it is somewhat irrelevant as it does not really matter from where such attacks come from. They don't belong here. This place nor any other survival/preparedness orientated website, doesn't welcome or entertain the sentiment or nature of any divisive or bigoted appeals to any individual or groups with racist or divisive intent or agenda. Furthermore the survival/preparedness community is not one of contention, exploitation,  but of  cooperation and fellowship.   

Yep. Doesn't matter where they are coming from. They will get deleted and banned ASAP.

TSP members are a pretty diverse group across all fronts and racist crap gets reported pretty quickly.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sign up for TSP Forum Newsletter with updates and interesting forum threads: http://eepurl.com/iipvo

Offline reefmarker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 12:11:01 AM »
I'm a fan of the pink one.... ;-)

Yep, Amy Jo Johnson is her real name.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »
Yep. Doesn't matter where they are coming from. They will get deleted and banned ASAP.

TSP members are a pretty diverse group across all fronts and racist crap gets reported pretty quickly.

The fact that I don't think I've seen more than a handful of these is a testament to the Mods, Admins and TSP community. I know it makes my life less stressful when I don't have to get spun up by idiots.

Offline Project X

• Senior Survivalist
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
Yep, Amy Jo Johnson is her real name.

Oh I know... I know .... Hahahaha

She was really really ... . . . cute is the movie Suzie Q.

I'm so glad our group doesn't erupt into race b.s .... Instead we all gather up and take care of the douche bags....   Can i just say i love everyone here???? Can I say that?

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 11:24:53 AM »
Race doesn't matter, especially when TSHF. 

I am proud to be a member of this community and the integrity that is displayed is an affirmation that what we are doing is right.
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  Robert Heinlein

"There's this new thing called Situational Awareness!"  Sterling Archer

Offline Gas-Mask

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Will work for food and fight for freedom!
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
Thanks Gas-Mask!
For what?  For being the weird one of my family?   Im the only hill billy with a tan.  Everyone else just has a tan.  That and their "Rat Race jobs".

Im the weird one....  And I have Mr. Spearko  to thank for that one and I love it! 8)
Living in the Concrete Jungle
(Los Angeles)
Prepping for a Katrina size Earthquake!!!!!

Offline Jeff Brackett

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • JLBrackett - Learning to Write
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 08:49:36 PM »
Wow.  I'm new here and am just beginning to poke around.  Found this thread and was at first a little fearful that this was going to be a site wherein this (racism) is enough of an issue that something like this had to be posted.  Can't tell you how thankful I am after reading the entire thread that this appears to be the exception rather than the norm.
Jeff Brackett
author of Half Past Midnight
JLBrackett.com --  "Learning to Write" - (This is me, learning the professional side of writing…)
Facebook

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »
...Can't tell you how thankful I am after reading the entire thread that this appears to be the exception rather than the norm.

Very much the exception.  I'm still having second thoughts about starting this thread at all, since it's not directed at any of our active members.

Just think of it as an information sign for potential members, to prevent mutual disappointment.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »
Very much the exception.  I'm still having second thoughts about starting this thread at all, since it's not directed at any of our active members.

Just think of it as an information sign for potential members, to prevent mutual disappointment.

I'm glad you started it.

Offline bobandjess

• Prepper
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »

I think it's a good idea to have posted it. Surfing the web for prepper info I've come across more than one site where this was not the case. Needless to say, their sites were not revisited.
“...there's no harm in hoping for the best as long as you're prepared for the worst.”
Stephen King, Different Seasons

Offline Red Foot

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
Glad to hear you all say this!!!

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »

As an asshole, I take exception, sir.  I am most definitely not a racist and they are not mutually exclusive.
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  Robert Heinlein

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »
As an asshole, I take exception, sir.  I am most definitely not a racist and they are not mutually exclusive.

just goes to show, people will take any excuse to be offended.   ;)
"Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program" - Spencer W. Kimball
"Life isn't about trying to survive the storm; but about learning to dance in the rain" - unknown
Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity

Prepping makes even a hurricane just an inconvenience.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 01:31:05 PM »
just goes to show, people will take any excuse to be offended.   ;)

It helps if you read it with a Foghorn Leghorn accent.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website maintenance services by Mr. Bill
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »

TSP Forum does not tolerate discrimination against assholes.

Oh, wait... yes we do.  8)

(You guys are just getting silly now...)

Offline Saint

• Survivor
  • Bury it and bury the shovel.
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 01:55:09 PM »
I just appreciate the blunt mission-focus ("git yer butts prepping! here's how...") of this team (forum) and total lack of pandering to any group ("Oh, we're all exactly perfectly equal, unicorn loving, rainbow beings with no differences or faults").

Keep it up.

Saint

(p.s. ok, I do like unicorns, but that's not the point)

(p.p.s. yes, dammit and rainbows, cut it out and get back to prepping)

"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
-George Orwell
"Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will gain neither and lose both"
-Ben Franklin
Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof