Author Topic: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!  (Read 138747 times)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
It bothers me a lot to have to post this.  But we occasionally have new members wandering in here, from Stormfront or wherever, who assume that since we are survivalists we must be white separatists.

If that describes you, you're seriously in the wrong place.  The members of The Survival Podcast Forum are of every race and mixture of races.  Prepping is for everybody.

I get a laugh out of white separatists who think of themselves as "leaders".  No, folks, you are followers.  You're following the oldest lie in human society: that we must fight people who are not our close relatives.  That's not a recipe for survival, it's the seed of eternal conflict, death and suffering.  Wake up!

Just in case it's not completely clear: racists of any race are unwelcome on TSP Forum.

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
Re: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »
Hear hear and Woot, Sir!

Offline ttubravesrock

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
I suppose that there really are people like that... Was there a specific incident that triggered this post?

Offline jhaggs35

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
Well said Mr. Bill

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
AYE!

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »
What they said :P

The hatred towards preppers is one of the 5 steps of denial... of course marketing is a great way to invalidate someone you disagree with.  The stereotype is just another way to try to "scare" people from opening their eyes.

Second time I've typed this today:
I love this crowd

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
I suppose that there really are people like that... Was there a specific incident that triggered this post?

Yes, but I'd rather not go into the details.  This is a pretty rare occurence here -- TSP tends to attract very good people almost all the time.  I just wanted to put up a clearly-visible notice, for those few people who think we are something that we are not.

Offline Deeweext

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
When you post on an online forum, no matter the type of forum, you express an opinion and you're pressen tation is only in the form of words. If someone start assuming things about you, then they are trying to find a reason behind your opinion, trying to label you in a group. Basically you have no reason to ever start guessing who's writing what, what gender are they or what colour.

The meaning of forum [pl:fora] is "A meeting or opportunity for an exchange of views." - Not a place to presume things based on opinion.

Offline JerseyVince

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »
I have to say, this is one of few forums that I belong that race rarely if ever comes up in any topic. Even general news about race, it just isn't a topic here. It's nice to see a group that even when they disagree strongly would rather work towards a goal than try to break it's members into splinter groups. Everyone here brings something to the table and appreciates what is received, it's hard to say that about people i know ,even some in my own family. i have the empty wallet and as much as i hate to admit it, grudge to prove it.

What would make any racists want to try to recruit here? You have to be a total bunch of morons to try to find racists in people you have never seen ::)

Offline daveinmichigan

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
The ONLY time we could possibly need a whites only board is if we are talking about cooking with eggs. Or perhaps I am just cracked and the yoke is on me...   ;D

Offline ttubravesrock

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »
The ONLY time we could possibly need a whites only board is if we are talking about cooking with eggs. Or perhaps I am just cracked and the yoke is on me...   ;D

You're on crack?!?!

That's no yoke, its searious

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
Hear, hear, Mr. Bill!  :clap:

Offline Den Mother

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 02:25:58 AM »
WoW ... Good to know... People not Sheeple !

Offline KellyAnn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »
I think there's a heck of a lot of us that wouldn't be on this board if it had a white supremacy feel to it, or for that matter an anti-women feel to it.
The more prepared we all are, the better we'll all be.

Offline monkeyboyf

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »
Thank you, Mr. Bill.  I picked up on that post right away and was holding my breath for the mods to see it and chastise,lol. We really can feel out the vibes when you are old like me. ;D

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
Thank you, Mr. Bill.  I picked up on that post right away and was holding my breath for the mods to see it and chastise,lol. We really can feel out the vibes when you are old like me. ;D

Report that sumbitch next time, grannie! <hugs> sorry it was left up for as long as it was. We saw it, and the boys were like "oooweee, we gots a troll!" and then there were all kinds of ban hammers slamming down and it got really loud and bloody for a second, and then it was like "what troll."

Offline Gas-Mask

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Will work for food and fight for freedom!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 02:23:17 AM »
Wait!  This is not an all "Hispanic" forum?  LOL
Too funny! 
I guess the ignorant sheeple and drones think im a white supremacist with a tan that eats beans and tortillas cuzz im a prepper?
I always thought being a prepper made me a prepared person, not an hispanic white supremacist.  Lol

Im sorry, but I feel more at home here at the forum then dealing with my reconquista side of the family.

All right, rant over.

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:12 AM »
Wait!  This is not an all "Hispanic" forum?  LOL
Too funny! 
I guess the ignorant sheeple and drones think im a white supremacist with a tan that eats beans and tortillas cuzz im a prepper?
I always thought being a prepper made me a prepared person, not an hispanic white supremacist. 

8) I just love seeing an ugly stereotype being broken and ridiculed first thing in the morning. Puts a smile on my face all day.  Thanks Gas-Mask!

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »
I am not 100% white and neither is my daughter, she even actually has Maori in her blood. I like how the net USUALLY tends to equalize people. I have talked to deaf people on the net for years without knowing for a long time they were deaf. I have literally 'talked' to blind people on their computer program called JAWS. Unless I see a photo of someone, I have no clue what race or culture they are.... I don't care if they are black, blue, green, white or pink. It is just what they have to say that is worthwhile is what the point is.

I am also not what I call a survivalist or a prepper.. I do however call myself a 'homesteader'. I just belong to a survival/prepper online community who puts up with me  :P

Cedar

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »
Unless I see a photo of someone, I have no clue what race or culture they are....

THIS! I use and appreciate the internet for many, many things but IMO this is one of its most valuable aspects - you can get to know people and build friendships and relationships without ever knowing an individual's race, age, sex or anything else they choose not to disclose.

Offline EMichael

• Survivor
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »
AFAIK, the Internet is color/religion/race/etc blind - unless someone chooses to disclose that information.

It bothers me that this post was even made, especially by an administrator.  If someone is sensitive for being of a specific demographic, then perhaps they should not disclose that information.  If they were attacked in a post because of that demographic, then the attacker should be dealt with in an individual off-line discussion. 

I just don't see this community as one which really gives a rat's tail about these issues.  To see this subject brought up is disheartening.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »
...It bothers me that this post was even made, especially by an administrator. ...

Bothers me too.  But just to clarify: nobody attacked anybody here.  A new member gave us a not-too-subtle hint about his interests.  He's gone.  This post is here to inform any other potential new members, preferably before they register.

Thox Spuddy

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 03:06:08 PM »
Am I white? My skin color is closer to the color of the heartwood of pine, a sort of beige/pinky-tones and light coffee stained patchwork. And to complicate categorization, I turn different colors at different times of the year. None of my Norwegian, Swedish or German ancestors had truly white skin either. If I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror and saw me as white as Casper the ghost, I'd assume I was one.

Offline PistolWhipped

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »

PETA ain't welcome either.  :'(

I've physically thrown two blood relatives out of my house for being obnoxious racists.  I'm not going to act like I'm "color-blind" and I've been known to crack a joke on occasion, but if someone is going to be a racial supremacist, and by that I mean of or for ANY race (Klan, Black Panthers, La Raza, loudmouthed jackasses, any of them), they won't be in my home.  Glad to see the forum is equally as level-headed.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:28:47 PM by PistolWhipped »

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • If you think you're close enough - get closer.
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 06:29:02 PM »
Thank you, Mr. Bill, for making a tough decision on a tough topic. One thing that has kept my interest in this forum going - apart from the fine folks I've met here - is it's acceptance of all people and all viewpoints. You may not agree with everything said here, but you can learn from it - even if its to reinforce your own previous opinion.

Unfortunately, a forum such as this can attract people with peculiar or unacceptable beliefs. As a spot of mold can grow to rot the fruit basket, so too can a questionable individual or philosophy rot the beautiful on-line community that we have here.

Those of us who have been around for a while often forget that there are others out there who are not like us - this is a perfect example. It does us all good to be reminded, from time to time, of their existence.

Again, thank you for a tough job well done.

soupbone

Offline 2fingers

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »
Rule to live by. Strive to meet each individual with an open mind and allow them to prove their worth or lack of it. It has been my experience that color, nationality or gender has little to do with it.

Offline atherts

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP and Guinness Supporter
    • Karott Productions
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:57 AM »
Hear Hear! The only race I have a problem with at times is the human race. They are so pig headed ignorant sometimes.  ;D

Offline mikem

• Survivalist Mentor
  • ¿por qué so serious?
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »
I judge people based on individual stupidity, not group preconceptions :) Living in Seattle, one of the most tolerant and accepting cities in the US, it always amazes me how much intolerance, ignorance and general hatefulness is out there. That's why I love TSP - it always seems like a much higher class of people that congregate around these parts.

Offline Victory1

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:51 AM »
  I so agree!! I have seen enough Divided States, we must work to be a United States or we will surely distroy our country.

I am a Vietnam Vet. I know that everyone has the same color blood first hand. I also know there are very good and very bad people in ANY race. I have gone out of my way to respect people out of hand until I get to know them. After that my opinion of them is formed by my values and their character.

Victory1

Offline socaldavel

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • SoCalDaveL on Twitter.
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »
I judge people based on individual stupidity, not group preconceptions

Amen.