Author Topic: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!  (Read 138753 times)

Offline kellgy

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2012, 01:29:37 AM »
Funny how so many groups (including racists) believe the lies being told about people who choose to be prepared. Marginalized, labeled (preppers, survivalists, etc.), and thought to be made irrelevant . . . just another lie.

Offline hawkman008

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
good to here

Offline jim124816

• Survivor
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »
Does anybody besides me find it a bit funny that we have four pages on this thread confirming how many of us are intolerant of the intolerant?  Things that make you say "Hmmmm".  Not that we are wrong in this particular case...

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
Does anybody besides me find it a bit funny that we have four pages on this thread confirming how many of us are intolerant of the intolerant?  Things that make you say "Hmmmm".  Not that we are wrong in this particular case...

We should be intolerant of those who are intolerant of people who are intolerant of the intolerant.  I think.  Let me run that through a computer program to make sure. 8)

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, people can talk all the fudge they want IRL, but sometimes that comes with the responsibility of knowing what the outcome might be, especially when they're doing it in someone else's home and on someone else's property. That speech can mean the offending party is sent away from the home or property and barred from returning.

The TSP is such a home and the folks under its roof are only showing their support.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:13:47 PM by Nicodemus »

Offline Gene.243

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
Glad to be here.

Offline IPSC

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Gunsite Academy
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
It bothers me a lot to have to post this.  But we occasionally have new members wandering in here, from Stormfront or wherever, who assume that since we are survivalists we must be white separatists.

If that describes you, you're seriously in the wrong place.  The members of The Survival Podcast Forum are of every race and mixture of races.  Prepping is for everybody.

I get a laugh out of white separatists who think of themselves as "leaders".  No, folks, you are followers.  You're following the oldest lie in human society: that we must fight people who are not our close relatives.  That's not a recipe for survival, it's the seed of eternal conflict, death and suffering.  Wake up!

Just in case it's not completely clear: racists of any race are unwelcome on TSP Forum.

Mr Bill, Thanks for having the Balls to call out the white sheets!!  I guess you might say you put it in "Black & White" (and everything between)!   :popcorn:

Offline Duckman

• Prepper
  • Strictly motivated by rage!
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2013, 01:50:45 AM »
I'll never understand people who are so mentally lacking and insecure that they have to resort to putting down other's race or appearance to make themselves feel adequate.

Offline Halfbreed Mike

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »
I'm glad this forum has a zero tolerance policy. I wear my heritage like a badge of honor. It is my strength. Born and raised in south central PA. My mothers parents were Appalachian people from West Virginia and my fathers parents were hard working black folks. My father was a member of the real Black Panther Party. I've gotten the taunts and stares from all sides. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The only difference between my grand parents was color and location. All of my grandparents were prep peers before it was a word. They all had gardens. My grandmothers canned. My grandfathers hunted. 2 black 2 white = 4 hard working Americans. This thread is why I finally decided to join the forum. As strong an mature as I am I'm not perfect and I didn't want any BS to make me SMA. So thank you sir.

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2013, 12:49:27 AM »
We have more in common than we have to divide us.  There are enough sources of divisive viewpoints to contend with daily.  That's why I really appreciate TSP.  The maturity and intelligence contained in this forum is awe inspiring.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2013, 09:42:26 AM »
There is a lot of work done behind the scenes to keep the riff-raff out. thanks to all the hardworking moderators and admns.

Offline liftsboxes

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Quit Whining
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
Personally, all the writing on this forum looks black to me.

8)

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »
Personally, all the writing on this forum looks black to me.

8)

Racist!  >:(   :rofl:

Offline American freak

• Prepper
  • God, Family, The Republic.
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »
This is one of the reasons I am so proud to be an American. Its not just about black or white either. Lady Liberty has always stood at the waters edge of our great Nation beckoning the unwanted from all corners of the world to join us here in prosperity. I now see the wisdom in religious and racial tolerance. If the Germans would have been tolerant than they would have ended up with Atomic fusion first. Here in America we all have the God given right to pursue happiness.

Offline Altoidfishfins

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2013, 06:26:17 AM »
Hard to believe it's even an issue. I guess some would like to make it an issue. It serves no useful purpose to do that.

Offline Cylon

• Senior Survivalist
  • Bashing the bush all over WA.
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:36 AM »
I'm a Paramedic and I can say from experience that you're all the same basic model under the skin... :o but its a really messy (and final way) to prove my point!

Seriously though, I joined this forum due to the lack of white power types and the overwhelming amount of good solid practical types. ;D

zanedclark@att.net

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »
I agree.
z

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2013, 02:14:34 AM »
I always think it's funny in gun forums people assume everyone else is racist white guys, just because they are!

Offline newsur

• Prepper
  • WE THE PEOPLE
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2013, 12:50:06 PM »
  It's amazing how people are open about their beliefs under the veil of anonymity, but when confronted in person, they are unanimous with the group.  Yes, their are good and bad in all races, it's the hypocrites that scare me.  I stand for my beliefs in person and on the web consistently.  I am not racist, just because I'm white does not make me any better than the next race.  Every race has their own advantages and downfalls. BUT... Their is wisdom in prejudism.  A healthy balance is crucial to your personal safety.  If you see a gangster type, do you wan't them babysitting your child for instance.  Please don't take offense, I love all of you and am not hiding one single belief.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:00:42 PM by newsur »

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
If you see a gangster type, do you wan't them babysitting your child for instance.  Please don't take offense, I love all of you and am not hiding one single belief.

Yes, but would you have the same feelings regardless of the race of the "gangster type"?  That's the difference between being prejudiced and being aware of the clues people give out.

Offline newsur

• Prepper
  • WE THE PEOPLE
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »
Any race buddy, Italian, Mexican, Black or even White, the gangster type is not welcome in my life. A thug is a thug, no matter the race.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:20:51 PM by newsur »

Offline newsur

• Prepper
  • WE THE PEOPLE
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2013, 03:11:04 PM »
 ???
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:18:45 PM by newsur »

Offline Ms. Albatross

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »
Thanks Mr. Bill for this thread.

I pretty new to the forum.  But, so far, all I have seen on this forum are people who are here is "to live a better life if times get tough - or even if they don't."  I don't think race plays a factor in wanting to live a better life.....

BTW - in my immediate family of 5, we have the following: one white parent, one Asian (half-Japanese and half-Chinese) parent, one half-Asian/half-white child and two half-white/half-hispanic children (from a previous marriage). 

Probably the worst thing you could say about us is that we are still living in California :-\  (But that is going to change soon - walking to freedom is in our future) ;)

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »
We should be intolerant of those who are intolerant of people who are intolerant of the intolerant.  I think.  Let me run that through a computer program to make sure. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

Offline deanabess

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Deana the Gardner
    • Deana's Garden
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
Well said!

Offline creedyrn

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 11:42:41 PM »
It bothers me a lot to have to post this.  But we occasionally have new members wandering in here, from Stormfront or wherever, who assume that since we are survivalists we must be white separatists.

If that describes you, you're seriously in the wrong place.  The members of The Survival Podcast Forum are of every race and mixture of races.  Prepping is for everybody.

I get a laugh out of white separatists who think of themselves as "leaders".  No, folks, you are followers.  You're following the oldest lie in human society: that we must fight people who are not our close relatives.  That's not a recipe for survival, it's the seed of eternal conflict, death and suffering.  Wake up!

Just in case it's not completely clear: racists of any race are unwelcome on TSP Forum.

seriously?  cmon ppl, this is a HUMAN issue, not a racial issue...IDK what color you are...if you can contribute a useful skill, you are in...

Offline Joliet_Johnny

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2013, 05:49:38 AM »
I used to have the beliefs of those people. Heck I found the podcast because it was said "he is no friend of us F him!!!", but I gave it a chance cause I make up my own mind. Now one of my good friends is an ex gang-banger who went to prison for slinging rock. Im still proud of my heritage and in this modern day PC world that may be racist? Honestly I dont care. I treat everyone the same, with a little mistrust. I think the best way to talk to the WN or skinhead is to say "if the people you dont like were prepared and took responsibility for their lives would they be a treat?" they will most likely say no(unless their head is that far up) if they say no then maybe they can turn out like me, proud of where they come from but man enough to know they can help fix a problem. The most common thing that happens to me is the little black children know I have an air compressor built into my Jeep (to air up tires after letting air out to offroad) and when their bike tires go low I can either be a nonsensical racist Ahole or fill them up? I hate to go on but since Im new and I exposed myself as a former almost klansman or NS guy I hope all reading see the change I have had because of Jack's podcast. I have built a community in my apartment building where 10 years ago it may have happened but I surly wouldnt have been nice to the kids or even talked to the guy with the oversized novelty rims that needs Jeep air every other day.

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »
I was raised passively racist. Nobody I knew was in the clan or would go out of their way to hurt anyone but "(disgusting word)" was a fairly common word among the men I was around. It wasn't always or even most of the time said in a hateful manner. I had a general disdain for blacks until I went into the Marine Corps where I actually really got to know some black guys really well and that has changed everything for me.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »
I was not sure if I should post this or not and I have wavered since May to post it on this thread....

The day before Mother's Day this year, my daughter wanted me to see the 'white man' while we were in the truck parked in town waiting for Z.

"Look mamma at the white man!", she said. I am looking and all I can see for humans anywhere around is a tall black man with short hair and sunglasses mowing his lawn on a sunny day. I ask, "What white man honey?" She points. As we could only see one person, I asked again, "What man?" and she says somewhat frustrated at her apparently blind mother, "The man in the white shirt with the lawnmower." I don't usually note a persons skin color per se any more than noting their hair or if they wear glasses, but apparently my daughter really doesn't and just cued in on what a person wears. I liked that.

Cedar

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
That's pretty funny, Cedar! ;D

When I was little, one day my grandmother pointed out the window and said "There's a colored man walking down our street."  I ran to the window to see what colors he was.  There was a dark-brown man but he was just one color, so I was disappointed.

Yes, I had a somewhat sheltered childhood. ;D