Author Topic: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!  (Read 137134 times)

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
Re: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »
When I was little, one day my grandmother pointed out the window and said "There's a colored man walking down our street."  I ran to the window to see what colors he was.  There was a dark-brown man but he was just one color, so I was disappointed.

Yes, I had a somewhat sheltered childhood. ;D
People over use "LOL" but I literally cracked up at that one!

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2013, 07:23:32 AM »
When I was little, one day my grandmother pointed out the window and said "There's a colored man walking down our street."  I ran to the window to see what colors he was.  There was a dark-brown man but he was just one color, so I was disappointed.

Totally expecting this, right?

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2013, 09:51:33 AM »
That would be cool.

Cedar

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »
Totally expecting this, right?

Seriously, I really was!

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
"Colored man" :rofl: BTW, Rita - I'm totally stealing that picture.

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32:17 AM »
Seriously, I really was!

is that a man or a woman or does it matter?

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »
is that a man or a woman or does it matter?

I'm thinking "man", but I've been wrong before!

Offline coldwater

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2013, 07:45:18 AM »
I was raised not to really give a crap one way or another. Act like you're someone and I'll treat you like you're someone. Act like a friend, and I'll treat you as a friend. Act like a fool and I'll treat you like a fool. Come at me with violent intent, and I'll drill a hole in you. I try to break life down to it's simplest functions. It's so much easier to enjoy when you just separate the chaff from the wheat.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Does not fall well with plastic guns...
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2013, 01:54:42 PM »
I was raised not to really give a crap one way or another. Act like you're someone and I'll treat you like you're someone. Act like a friend, and I'll treat you as a friend. Act like a fool and I'll treat you like a fool. Come at me with violent intent, and I'll drill a hole in you. I try to break life down to it's simplest functions. It's so much easier to enjoy when you just separate the chaff from the wheat.

unfortunately there is a LOT of chaff in today's society.

Offline joelevi

• Fledgling Prepper
  • SuburbanPrepping.com
    • Good Guys with Guns: True Stories of Self-Defense
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »
I'm 1/2 Native American (Paiute) and 1/2 white.

My kids have grown up knowing that skin color just determines how much sun screen a person needs to put on before going swimming.

Offline phil white

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »
I post on Stormfront but I can play "politically correct" when I have too.  :-)

I heard prickly pears can be used to treat infections.
We used to apply that term to the whole cactus.  /
When it comes to using prickly pears to treat infected wounds do you use the cactus stem or do you use the actual pear fruit?

Secondly is there a good way to take the spins off without getting stuck?

Online Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2013, 02:06:22 PM »

:o

Offline Samuel Fairlane

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »
I'm glad this forum has a zero tolerance policy. I wear my heritage like a badge of honor. It is my strength. Born and raised in south central PA. My mothers parents were Appalachian people from West Virginia and my fathers parents were hard working black folks. My father was a member of the real Black Panther Party. I've gotten the taunts and stares from all sides. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The only difference between my grand parents was color and location. All of my grandparents were prep peers before it was a word. They all had gardens. My grandmothers canned. My grandfathers hunted. 2 black 2 white = 4 hard working Americans. This thread is why I finally decided to join the forum. As strong an mature as I am I'm not perfect and I didn't want any BS to make me SMA. So thank you sir.
That is one cool tattoo. I think there's way more mixed people around than people realize.  From the old photos my grandmothers people (Black Crow) were way darker than most African-Americans.  You'd never know it by looking at me or my relatives. I think once people get to 80% of some ancestry,  that's pretty much what your going to look like.

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • If you think you're close enough - get closer.
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2013, 02:46:04 PM »

We tend to be very polite on this forum, phil, but we are anything but politically correct. There is no hesitation in calling an ass-clown an ass-clown, for example. We do it politely, but do it nonetheless. Please do not confuse us with Stormfront, either philosophically or demographically.

soupbone

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »

I don't think it's an issue of "playing politically correct" or even being politically correct.  I would say most of us are miles away from being able to pull off a PC act very effectively.

It's an issue of knowing that people are people, and that they're all equally worthy of respect until their own individual actions prove otherwise.

It's not an act we put on in case someone is watching.  It's what most people on this forum honestly believe.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
I post on Stormfront...
The storm has passed.

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
The storm has passed.

good looking out. you had to know something was off when he said politically correct, never mind the other crap about SF.

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2013, 05:10:24 AM »
good looking out. you had to know something was off when he said politically correct, never mind the other crap about SF.

Yeah, but I feel like a moron for not catching the screen name.  Duh.

Offline Docwatmo

• May Ignite Spontaneously
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
  • The Prepper Rising from the Ashes
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2013, 07:36:18 AM »
The storm has passed.

Best comment EVER LOL   Good Job TD!!

Doc

Offline ttubravesrock

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
I think it's a good thing that I had to look up what Stormfront was. However, I did it at work, so I hope that doesn't get me in trouble.

Offline Theswerd

• Repeat after me...
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
I think it's a good thing that I had to look up what Stormfront was. However, I did it at work, so I hope that doesn't get me in trouble.
Being both curious myself, and also at work... would you please enlighten me? I feel as though something important happened... and I have no idea what, or why...

Offline ttubravesrock

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Born to be an Alaskan
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
Being both curious myself, and also at work... would you please enlighten me? I feel as though something important happened... and I have no idea what, or why...
Stormfront is a white nationalist and supremacist neo-Nazi Internet forum that was the Internet's first major hate site.

Offline Theswerd

• Repeat after me...
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
Stormfront is a white nationalist and supremacist neo-Nazi Internet forum that was the Internet's first major hate site.

Oh.
OK.
I guess I can file that away for use later. Somehow.  ??? 
It's times like this that I realize just how sheltered I am.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »

It's also heavily into survivalism, so we get the occasional visitor here from there.  In this case, "phil white" is a "Friend of Stormfront Sustaining Member" with nearly 2500 posts (not under that username, but it was trivial to identify him).

We got a bit more communication from him after he was banned.  If I understand correctly, he believes that the "politically correct" survivalist sites such as TSP are created and funded by the federal government using his taxpayer dollars.

Cool.  I'm looking forward to that big federal paycheck! ;D

Offline theBINKYhunter

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Not a tactical baddass
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2013, 03:42:50 PM »
can i get a piece of it too?

i cruised around SF when i first heard about it (through here) and i was impressed/surprised with how intelligent the majority of the posts were. it's not a bunch of red neck KKK people looking for a tree. it's the guy in the cubicle next to you or the mom who is getting her kids ready for soccer practice while finishing dinner.

not at all what i was expecting, although i haven't been back there since. not my style to hate on people for something they had no choice in.

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2013, 05:33:39 PM »
If I understand correctly, he believes that the "politically correct" survivalist sites such as TSP are created and funded by the federal government using his taxpayer dollars.

Oh, honey... I got laid off from my job 2 months ago due to a $130 million inflow of stimulus money to the monopoly where I worked.  And I'm a Libertarian.

The government has absolutely NO love for me.

Offline FrugalFannie

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »

I was raised by a racist father. The things he said disgusted me. The strange thing is, where I grew up there were no people who weren't white. Okay, there was 1 half black kid and we had 1 exchange student. So When I "went out into the world" and encountered some people who looked different then me or talked different then me, etc I found thoughts popping into my head that I was, in some way, "better than them". I didn't even understand how I could have these thoughts. Thoughts that echoed things my father said for years just popped into my head. I didn't really think I was better but certain feelings/thoughts would just "happen." This could have been because they had no ambition, talked slower, and yes, because some had different skin tones. It wasn't always about color. The first time it happened it really shocked me. And disgusted me. I had to examine my thoughts and figure out why I was having them. It was how I was raised. But then I took responsibility and gave each person a chance and my thought patterns changed. I no longer have those thoughts when I meet people who are different than I am. I think we teach our children through what we do and say.

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »
Oh my.

I was Googling something for Jay and clicked on the first hit that seemed to have something other than ads.  Never do that without looking at the web address, which I usually do.

It was a Stormfront forum page.

I hadn't ever seen it before.  Why?  Because I hate crap like that.  But I did read the page, and it was pretty disgusting.  I'm not naive enough to think that there aren't people like that, but it was just SO not what I was expecting to see as the page loaded.  So much hate for people they've never even met.

Lesson learned, I guess.

Offline Sardo

• Prepper
  • We have two seasons, winter and road construction
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2013, 09:26:17 PM »
I had to work with a guy for ten years who was the biggest racist I have ever met. I work in construction which made it very interesting since a lot of trades have primarily Hispanic workers in our area. This guy just bristled when people who weren't the same color as him showed up on the job. The only thing that kept me from getting mad at his ignorance is that I was too busy laughing at him for being so uncomfortable. When any one of any background showed up on my job site they all got the same treatment, work hard and shoot straight or go home. Life has too many issues already to be concerned with how somebody looks. This was one of the first threads I read when I found the forum. If the word NOT had not been in the title I wouldn't have gave this site a second look and would have deleted it from my history.

Offline JustMeJennie

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2014, 07:11:48 PM »
I guess the best thing that I can think of to say is that people of all cultures can be uncomfortable around other cultures that are foreign to them.
The great thing about prepping, is that this is ALL OF OUR culture. This is OUR common thread. This is how we relate to one another and feel familiarity with one another. So glad to be in a community of GOOD HARDWORKING PEOPLE That believe wholeheartedly in self reliance. That is our common bond that makes us all brothers and sisters. We're all in this together as preppers and self sufficient minds. What a beautiful thing :) I HOPE this forum is full of as many beautiful skin colors and religions and creeds! That's what makes this resource so valuable: Getting info and feedback from
so many perspectives!