Author Topic: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!  (Read 136623 times)

Offline Samuel Fairlane

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Race issues: This is NOT a "whites only" forum!
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2014, 02:29:41 AM »
I watched a interview with the Author of DNA USA. He found that 100% of white people in the south, who said they were 100% white were in fact 100% WRONG and had recent African DNA. 
I'm sure the racist of the world hate data like this.

Offline Oakie

• Prepper
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »
I had to work with a guy for ten years who was the biggest racist I have ever met. I work in construction which made it very interesting since a lot of trades have primarily Hispanic workers in our area. This guy just bristled when people who weren't the same color as him showed up on the job. The only thing that kept me from getting mad at his ignorance is that I was too busy laughing at him for being so uncomfortable.
Yeah, I think those responses are mostly fear based. At least we've progressed to a place they have to be quiet about their feelings. Perhaps they will change in time.

Offline David in MN

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2014, 11:44:18 AM »
I've had race come up a few times in this forum: Thai food, Mexican food, Polish food, African food... Each time it's been delicious. With a forum full of gardeners and cooks exploring ethnicity is a wonderful gift.

Seriously, though... I have no idea what race most writers are and couldn't care less. Because of some great grandparents who refused to admit where they emigrated from, I'm not 100% sure what my ethnicity is.

Besides, we're all from North Africa. When we left that little hill in search of greener pastures, some went North, some South, some East, and some West. Racism is literally hating someone whose ancestors moved.

Offline Cory (NewOldTech)

• Prepper
  • That's what I'm sayin'
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »
I must agree with the OP, that is how a lot of sheeple view the "survivalist crowd."  I am not racist and I believe most, if not nearly all, of the people here are not racist.  This has to be the best community of people I have ever stumbled across.  And I am so glad I have.

To those racists that do not belong here clogging up the forum, in the words of Jack Spirko, "GOOD BYE, GO OUT!"  And I'll add: Good riddance to ya!

Offline threebarracing

• Prepper
    • Hank's Holster Review
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »
Weird notion.  It never would have occurred to me that someone would think this was a "whites only" forum.  If only "being white" gave me some kind of special "white power", LOL!  I will try shouting that at the raccoons that are raiding my birdfeeder and let you know if it helps.  Nope, just an average Joe that is more concerned with your thoughts than your race.  We are all colorless on the internet.

Offline soupbone

• Once made a pun out of "Mephistopheles"
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • If you think you're close enough - get closer.
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
"We are all colorless on the internet."

Well, actually, we have quite a collection of colorful characters here......

soupbone

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:12:18 PM by soupbone »

Offline Betsy

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
Color doesn't determine CHARACTER......it sure doesn't if your core values are reasoned. 
:)
God bless U.S.

Offline frankd4

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
One Nation, All People.

Offline Rohloffc

• Prepper
  • I may be new, but I'm Feral!
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2014, 12:06:18 PM »
I am actually quite surprised to even see this post!  I have never understood people who negatively view the differences between people.  Our differences in culture, creativity, and backgrounds make us so much stronger!  If there are anyone who want's a whites only forum, I would suggest a long walk off a short pier :)

Offline LonghornGardens

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:48 PM »
It's also heavily into survivalism, so we get the occasional visitor here from there.  In this case, "phil white" is a "Friend of Stormfront Sustaining Member" with nearly 2500 posts (not under that username, but it was trivial to identify him).

We got a bit more communication from him after he was banned.  If I understand correctly, he believes that the "politically correct" survivalist sites such as TSP are created and funded by the federal government using his taxpayer dollars.

Cool.  I'm looking forward to that big federal paycheck! ;D

Why did you ban him? 

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »
Why did you ban him?
"Friend of Stormfront Sustaining Member"

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2014, 09:16:49 PM »
"Friend of Stormfront Sustaining Member"

Which I made the mistake of Googling a while back because of the drama here.

Not pretty.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
Do I dare look?

Cedar

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2014, 09:45:39 PM »
Do I dare look?

Cedar

I can give you the Cliff's Notes version.

Post - Life sucks, and it's all because of people that look different than I do.

Reply #1 - That's too bad.  Here's a funny joke about those people, at about a 3rd grade reading level so no one gets confused.

Reply #2 - LOL.  That joke is very true because it subscribes to the stereotypes that I use to hide my own insecurities and failings.  Screw 'em all!

Reply #3 - Well you know they're just stupid anyway, unless they're using their intermittent intelligence to steal our jobs.

Reply #4 - True!  I'm so glad I'm not the only one smart enough to see how they've completely ruined our lives, including making our spouses leave and hide the children.  They also got me fired from my job after I used my freedom of speech to tell a customer she should go back to her country.

(In a snarky mood tonight)

Offline LonghornGardens

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2014, 09:47:03 PM »
You banned him for saying he posted at stormfront?   Or that he was a sustaining member?  Either way it does not seem he broke any rules here....  if you banned him for either of these reasons and no other then I think you are way out of line and I hate racist pos as much as the next guy.

Please enlighten me because right now you are sounding a whole lot worse than this phil white pos and while I am new to this forum I will not stay with this heavy handed censorship. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:53:40 PM by LonghornGardens »

nelson96

« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
Please enlighten me because right now you are sounding a whole lot worse than this phil white pos and while I am new to this forum I will not stay with this heavy handed censorship.

Aren't you kinda giving the heavy hand here ^^^^^  Enlighten me or I quit? . . . .  I guess you did say please.  ;)

Offline LonghornGardens

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2014, 10:34:50 PM »
Yeah I did say say please and I didn't ask you.  If phil akmed with isis had said he posted on one of those forums and then got banned I would raise some hell as well, even though they rub me the wrong way, if he had broke no rules.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »
Longhorn, calm down.  Nelson, don't scare the new guy.
Look, Longhorn, I know you are not really asking me either since neither Nelson nor I are mods/admins, but I'll tell you anyway, the mods around here are pretty darn cool.  There has not been a banning of which I was aware that was not justified by some reason or another, often because multiple notifications from other members about not adhering to the terms of service.

I suggest you read this: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=28698.0 (old but still relevant)
and maybe this: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=625.0  I do not remember why exactly the fellow above was banned; I do know that he posted elsewhere in the forum things that violated #4 with specific racist comments, and was subsequently banned and those posts removed.

Stick around for a while, read the great homesteading and kitchen advice, if you are a gun guy, read what is posted over on the firearms threads; be humble and come to learn, and then teach us from your niche of expertise - Everyone here contributes something to make this a great place to be, but we do it respectfully, and disagree appropriately.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2014, 10:52:27 PM »
...the mods around here are pretty darn cool.  There has not been a banning of which I was aware that was not justified by some reason or another, often because multiple notifications from other members about not adhering to the terms of service.

Yes they are.

Cedar

FarmerJim

« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »
And yes people that post on sites like Stormfront SHOULD be banned. This forum isn't public right or property, it is a privilege  and privately owned. Just like I wouldn't like Black Panthers or NAMBLA rubbing elbows with me!

Offline LonghornGardens

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2014, 12:28:43 AM »
I have enjoyed hearing how not racist y'all are though.  That was great.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2014, 05:08:54 AM »
Guys!!! Can all of you go in the corner and have a five minute time out?

Cedar

PS while you are in the five minute time out, read this thread from the start and post #15

Pps if you don't read back, it looks like the guy was banned for trying to recruit people from this forum to a white supremist site. Aka "cherry picking' from TSP
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 05:27:42 AM by Cedar »

Offline Zeus

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »
I'm a noob on this forum and don't know who "phil white" was but from what I gather he definately had his tinfoil hat too tight.  ;)

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
You banned him for saying he posted at stormfront?   Or that he was a sustaining member?  Either way it does not seem he broke any rules here....  if you banned him for either of these reasons and no other then I think you are way out of line and I hate racist pos as much as the next guy.

Okay, I'll try to answer you.  But I want to make one thing clear: moderation decisions are made only by the moderator/administrator staff, which has access to information unavailable to the general members, and a lot of experience in keeping this place running smoothly.  We can't, and don't, try to plan in advance for every possible problem by spelling it out in the rules.

In the case of "phil white", his very first action on the forum, just half an hour after he registered, was to go straight to this Race issues thread and say:
I post on Stormfront but I can play "politically correct" when I have too.  :-)

Five moderators discussed this, and banned him.  Was that a bit pre-emptive?  Yup.  We feel he was sending a clear message about what was most important to him and how he intended to conduct himself on the forum.

Banning is reversible, and we do provide banned members with an e-mail address to contact us.  In this case, the e-mails we received (which I will not reproduce here) made us more certain we had made the correct decision.  He seemed to believe that we are a covert government-funded entity and that as a taxpayer he was paying our salary.  (We also determined that "I post on Stormfront" was an understatement: he had nearly 2500 posts there.)

We recognize that not everyone will agree with this style of moderating.  That's fine.  I've participated on other forums that use very different moderating styles; there's no one single way to moderate that is universally "right".  But our version works well for this forum.

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »
I'd also like to add that we do have a very clear rule prohibiting personal attacks on other forum members.  A moderator has removed several posts in this thread that contained personal insults.  Please take this as a warning.

Offline Blue Sky

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »
Thank you, Mr Bill.  Now I know of one forum NOT to bother with :)

On the issue of race - racism isn't only whites against...... It goes both ways.  However, I've found that if a person is a PERSON first, not their race first or their culture, it usually puts the issue on the back burner at the very least.  If people are just people no matter what their skin color there is always common ground.  Martin Luther King Jr. was talking to everyone and about everyone regardless of race/culture.

Offline Cryptozoic

• Senior Survivalist
  • We have to help each other.
« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2015, 11:20:06 AM »
President Kennedy on race, his finest hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmZ1a5hnxo
Very inspiring, it's a great speech.

I don't understand why anyone cares about race. 
We are humans and there are only 2 tribes, the decent and the indecent.

nelson96

« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
We are humans and there are only 2 tribes, the decent and the indecent.

Identifying differences, good or bad, is what seperates us and thus create race issues.

Offline Michael8593

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2015, 05:38:49 AM »
Thanks for the clarification! I am glad to hear that racism is not tolerated here.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2015, 01:07:45 PM »
More aptly ,I think hatred is not welcome.

I came here to get some of the fresh popcorn .  :popcorn:

This forum is a living thing and only through the watchful eye of the admins and mods does it remain a comfortable place .