Author Topic: Last car payment EVER....  (Read 5197 times)

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
Last car payment EVER....
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:13:44 AM »
....is in the mail!  ;D My DH and I started the Dave Ramsey debt snowball 2 1/2 years ago and have paid off $19,000 in credit card debt, $19,000 car loan, $2,000 in medical bills, and paid cash for everything during my maternity leave. The only consumer debt we have left is $6,000 on my DH's motorcycle and that should be done in a few more months. I will never, never, never, ever, ever, ever have another credit card or car payment again.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Last car payment EVER....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 08:41:38 AM »
 :excited: :happydance: :egyptian: :clap:  Way to go!!  I have one question. now that your car is paid off it is yours 100% free and clear now when you look at it do you see it's the best car you ever had?    Back when I had car payments I was always looking at other cars that I might want and thinking oh that might make a good next car.  I paid mine off back in 2002 and now when I look at cars I still like mine best.  I can't find any other rig out there that I like better than mine.  It's like driving a pair of my best comfy sweat pants.  I hope you enjoy for many years to come. 

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:03:39 AM »
I don't envy other cars, but since I'm doing more homesteading activities now, I do envy trucks.

Offline slingblade

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I aim to kill you with it.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
Congrats Cheryl!  I'm heading that way myself.

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:25:10 AM »
Good stuff!  ;D

Once you're done snowballing that to the motorcycle, keep making at least a part of those payments to yourself/car account.  Then when you need a new car/truck, just whip out the checkbook...  Or as Ramsey says, bring some Benjamin's with you as negotiating bait.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
oh yeah there are times I could use a grown up truck for sure.  Renting one for the day is how we get by.  We do have a small pickup and for the most part that has worked out well so we have only had to rent a few times.  I would so love to have a BOV.   I do worry about how we would evac the live stock if we had a forest fire.  Until we can get something to haul everything the plan is stuff in the car or truck the best we can and then just open gates and call the animals leading with grain if time allows.  We are also fixing a trailer to haul animals even though it really takes the rigs we have over weight limit.  But in an ER and going slow as safely possible it would just have to work in a pinch.  We are trying to find a place to that we can go to take our animals with us.  That can make it much harder to plan for getting the heck out of here if need be.   

Crates loading ramps a friends truck a rental truck (time permitting) .   We have also remodeled the barn to make getting the animals out easier as well as better access with gates and such.  Some day saving for a truck and a tractor.  I can do without easier than I can deal with debit and having to pay the bills every month for sure. 

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 03:51:37 PM »
....is in the mail!  ;D My DH and I started the Dave Ramsey debt snowball 2 1/2 years ago and have paid off $19,000 in credit card debt, $19,000 car loan, $2,000 in medical bills, and paid cash for everything during my maternity leave. The only consumer debt we have left is $6,000 on my DH's motorcycle and that should be done in a few more months. I will never, never, never, ever, ever, ever have another credit card or car payment again.
Congrats!

Melodee

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!! 

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »
Good for you!  You will not regret it!  Congratulations!

Offline Sweethearts Mom

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
This is so cool. WAY TO GO

Offline ghsebldr

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • Steve's Greenhouses
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 06:46:37 PM »
Congrats. cheryl1.  Another Dave Ramsey save. What can't that guy do? Wonder how he feels when he gets up every morning and reads his emails from folks that he has inspired.
Like bigbear said, now snowball it to your bank account and watch it grow.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 05:37:42 AM »
sweet - well done.

JoeD

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »
Great job!  After paying off our mortgage last month we were able to make our first additional principle payment on our car yesterday.  If we keep it up, our car will be ours completely by next January.  And then we, like you are, will be totally debt free.

Thanks for giving such a great example of what's possible,

metaforge

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »
Awesome!!

4 more payments to go for me...  On June 15th I will be feeling the same way you are now.   8)

Offline Robinelli

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The purpose of life is a life of purpose
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TwoBluesMama

• More Evil Than You Know
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • New Blue in the House
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
+1 Cheryl1 - being debt free is such a great feeling.  So glad for you.  Thanks for posting and encouraging others.