Author Topic: 2nd most important thing to carry  (Read 1279 times)

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
  • No man is free who is not master of himself..
    • My Biz web site
2nd most important thing to carry
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »
I posted a video about a card I carry and recommend to my clients to carry. This one or make one of there choosing. To use in the event that you would use your firearm to defend yourself.

Video: http://youtu.be/GwNqU5cyCio

:)

edited to correct topic title spelling
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:23:47 AM by TexDaddy »

www.epguns.com
"George Of Jungle only here to help..."

Offline ncjeeper

• Most Noble Order of the Garter Snake
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • Oooops!
Re: 2nd most importing thing to carry
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:27:08 PM »
I would error on the side of caution when using that.
Evidence can get lost or contaminated. Witnessess can walk off. This stuff makes your case stronger. you dont want to loose it.  The responding law enforcement should know some basic stuff to help you.
The early bird gets the worm.....But the second mouse gets the cheese.

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Biz web site
Re: 2nd most importing thing to carry
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »
I would error on the side of caution when using that.
Evidence can get lost or contaminated. Witnessess can walk off. This stuff makes your case stronger. you dont want to loose it.  The responding law enforcement should know some basic stuff to help you.
I agree that all situations are different and fluid.  I know from my experience that most but not all people that would have been justified in a self-defense shooting sunk them selves by saying TOO much.  This is a huge subject and I offer only a small part in hopes that it will make folks think about how to act after the attack.  We, as firearms instructors mostly focus on the Gun Stuff and not so much on the rest of the story (Paul Harvey  8))

www.epguns.com

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: 2nd most important thing to carry
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »
The only thing I'd change is the word "refusing".  I just prefer something softer, but none the less with the same meaning like "...by electing not to speak with you..."  Just a little less confrontational.
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:36:33 PM »
I agree that all situations are different and fluid.  I know from my experience that most but not all people that would have been justified in a self-defense shooting sunk them selves by saying TOO much.  This is a huge subject and I offer only a small part in hopes that it will make folks think about how to act after the attack.  We, as firearms instructors mostly focus on the Gun Stuff and not so much on the rest of the story (Paul Harvey  8))

Yeah, I might suggest changing that to ". . .I am exercising my right to remain silent and will not answer any questions until I have consulted with an attorney. . ."

The Professor
On "The List" since 1994.  Isn't it about time YOU got on The List?

Yeah, that's right. . ."Professor EMERITUS!"  Now, pardon me while I show up "late" for. . .uh. . .work.

Offline endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
Yeah, I might suggest changing that to ". . .I am exercising my right to remain silent and will not answer any questions until I have consulted with an attorney. . ."

The Professor
Better still...
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Better still...
Thank you, I will do so...

www.epguns.com

Offline inthego

• Survivalist Mentor
    • My Biz web site
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
 :)

www.epguns.com

Offline CR Williams

• Survivalist Mentor
    • In Shadow In Light
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
I believe that Ayoob's recommendation for a statement is more reasonable and less likely to get you into more trouble. This synopsis is the way I remember it, it is not exact:

"Officer, that man attacked me; I will sign a complaint."

"There are witnesses; there is evidence."

"Officer, I am willing to answer additional questions as soon as I have consulted with my attorney."

The first statement(s) establish you as the victim. The second statement(s) do what you can to make sure evidence is collected. Do NOT expect them to do a complete sweep or cordon anything off or call in a forensics team. You need to tell them where stuff is, especially if the encounter/fight covered any distance whatsoever between start and finish. The last statement tells them you'll not be saying anything else until you have the attorney present.

One other thing: This kind of statement, whichever one you make and in whichever form you make it, needs to be rehearsed and practiced like anything else. You should be running the initial phone call you make to the PD, your actions as they arrive, and the statements you make, though your mind from time to time, and consider walking through them at the range on occasion after you run a drill.

My cats support the 2nd Amendment.

In Shadow In Light - dedicated to the study and advancement of the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com