Author Topic: Is your intuition kicking in?  (Read 188408 times)

Offline eph2

• Survivor
Is your intuition kicking in?
« on: February 27, 2009, 12:07:11 AM »
Both Jack and Glenn Beck have talked in the past couple of days about how women are paying much more attention to these issues of preparedness, economic collapse, civil unrest than has traditionally been the case.  Mr. Beck suggested that women's intuition or internal danger alarms may be going off.

Of course, for many of us it's in our DNA to want to prepare for a rainy day and always has been.  Nevertheless, do you think that there is a heightened sense of danger for women in general and have you felt your own intuition setting off alert signals?

Just curious....

Offline 19kilo

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: Is your intuition kicking in?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:26:42 AM »
My wife has gotten more involved in our preps in the last thre months or so.  Maybe it is womens intuition but I have gotten more serious about it to.

Could be all the soy I eat though.

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:58:45 AM »
My wife has gone pyscho...She emailed me a shopping list to get on the way home and had in block letters on it stock up on survival food. Next thing you know she will give me the thumbs up to buy a tank. Yes I think they are more aware than us. As DEV told me "Better pay attention to her, sometimes they have mysterious insights." in a PM we had that we were discussing about our wives "nesting". The timing on this thread is right on...

Offline firetoad

• Guardian of The Gateway
  • Global Moderator
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »
When I first started on the road to preparedeness, I thought my wife would think I was loony!  Although, it shouldn't surprise me in the least that she didn't because I can be rather odd at times with hobbies, etc.   ;)

Anyway, over the last few months, she has been really on board with storage and the gardens.  Just some of her comments and remarks as of late indicate to me that she feels that something is just on the other side of the horizon.  She has always had this eerie ability to really just know when something is wrong, almost phsycic like!

Storm

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »
I'd like to get my female even more interested in it...she's down for growing and storing so far. But, historically, as now, as my Women's history professor put it "women are societies conscience" and are normally much more in tune with things of this nature.

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
I tried to set the question up as gently as I could to get real feedback.  But I've been absolutely wigged out.   ::) I really have to put conscious effort into staying calm and on track.  I'm not sleeping well.  I just want my preps to be done NOW and they aren't.  I want to move to land we've purchased but we're not ready and I can't stand it. 

DH and I went ammo shopping at Walmart and Bass Pro shop and found nothing we could use.  Now, we have a good amount on hand, and we have good dealer sources but it pretty much drives home the point of how scarry it will be when you want to buy things you need and they're not there...

Offline Beetle

• Proud Grandpa
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »
I tried to set the question up as gently as I could to get real feedback.  But I've been absolutely wigged out.   ::) I really have to put conscious effort into staying calm and on track.  I'm not sleeping well.  I just want my preps to be done NOW and they aren't.  I want to move to land we've purchased but we're not ready and I can't stand it. 

DH and I went ammo shopping at Walmart and Bass Pro shop and found nothing we could use.  Now, we have a good amount on hand, and we have good dealer sources but it pretty much drives home the point of how scarry it will be when you want to buy things you need and they're not there...
Eph give us your thoughts, why are you wigged out? What's DH stand for?

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 02:59:00 PM »
DH stands for "Dear Husband". 

I'm just worried that the economy is going to tank completely before I have my house stocked up sufficiently.  I'm worried that when things get tough economically that I live in a neighborhood that has many people who are already on the wrong side of civil behavior.  I'm worried that by the time I'm ready to drill my water well, that there won't be credit available to do it which I have to rely on because I'll have no equity in my house when it sells.  I just feel like time is short and I'll be caught unready. 

I feel like the America of today is so far removed from the one I grew up in that I don't recognize it.  I don't trust my government.  I don't trust many of those around me because of the poor morals and entitlement mentality.

That's it in a nutshell.

Claymore

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »
DH stands for "Dear Husband". 

That's not what my wife thinks "DH" means!  ;D

Michael Masse

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 05:44:46 PM »
I would have to agree on the woman's intuition thing.  My wife would not have been too excited about preparedness just for the sake of preparedness.  She is picking up on the urgency as well.

Interesting story concerning my mom.  On a couple occasions when something had happened to my dad she would get a horrible feeling and KNOW something just happened to him.

Once she was a work and got "the feeling" and it made her weak so she had to sit and at that moment her manager can to her and told her my dad had been in a wreck.

Another time while at work, out of the blue she decided to leave work an hour early.  (She has never left work early in all her live.  She was the model employee.) anyway she gets home and finds my dad paralyzed on the couch from a bee sting.  She drags him to the car and races to the hospital in the nick of time.  Doctor said another ten minutes would have been too late. So leaving work early for once really paid off.

So women who are paying attention with often have insight that we guys simply don't.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
I am definitely feeling the squeeze.  It's the anxious, "ohgodohgodohgod something bad's gonna happen soon" feeling, and I've had it since, oh, Christmas-ish.  I'm pushing to get a garden in place, and more water (and more water, and MORE WATER) stored every time we have the money to do it.  It's just one of those things.  I think we're all feeling it.

Offline TXChikk

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lovely
    • Foxy Flair
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »
I think we're all feeling it.

Agreed. I don't think it's just woman's intuition because of the above statement by Sister Wolf. Something in the air feels out of whack, something out there is terribly wrong. I don't know what tipped me off but I simply started feeling sideways and finally figured out where to look. The cloak of evil is draping ever closer over this country, the last bastion of hope and peace. I think the good citizens of this country are the finger in the crack of the dam and our own government is trying to cut the body off the finger so they can let the dam break, thinking they will have all control.

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »
I would say there's something in the air, what it is I have no idea. I know that I'm stocking up more than ever and I am headed to my first gun show next weekend. There is a sense of urgency to get onto my land permanently so that I can start my on site preparations in earnest. My Mother finally 'got it' over the holidays now she's all for getting a garden in the ground on her property. So while I have been preparing for years, now it seems like it's 'put up or shut up' time.

amberwolf

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »
Nature is going to keep the women on high alert for questionable changes, its survival of the fittest and keeps us from becoming extinct. It's not like the 1950's when people truly thought the government was in place to save us all from intruders, today instead we see the government is handing the keys for the front door to the intruders.

I've had hunches and feelings for well over five years now. We moved out of California and I spoke with a Native elder telling him what I felt and he spoke about how people will move around- away from dangerous areas and into safer places to live. He said it was Great Spirit awakening our senses to being more able to listen to the calls from nature. It wasn't wise for mankind to push away from nature, look what happened during that tsunami- if people paid attention to how the birds and animals were not around they would have realized something was amiss. It's happening again- that feeling of something is not right, now people are listening- we just don't know what it is that's about to slam into us.

I felt it was most urgent to get my family into a community that wouldn't attack their own neighbors for lacking sustenance and that is how we landed in Virginia, and once coming here I felt a very heavy sigh and comfort come over me. From there I spoke with everyone I met about growing gardens and sharing the fruits so we have been trading veggies ever since. Another sense of urgency has been cropping up lately to grow more and store it back for a rainy day, to have tarps and rope, guns and ammo. No we're not losing it, just gaining wisdom and awareness and we're not alone- the lines going into gun shows has been very long and time consuming but not one person do you see will turn around and leave. Something is about to happen, we're about to alter history I feel, just waiting for that one small thing that triggers it all- whatever that may be.

Offline CFG

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 06:21:23 PM »
When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail.
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.

When Nag the basking cobra hears the careless foot of man,
He will sometimes wriggle sideways and avoid it if he can.
But his mate makes no such motion where she camps beside the trail.

When the early Jesuit fathers preached to Hurons and Choctaws,
They prayed to be delivered from the vengeance of the squaws.
'Twas the women, not the warriors, turned those stark enthusiasts pale.

Man's timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
For the Woman that God gave him isn't his to give away;
But when hunter meets with husbands, each confirms the other's tale –
The female of the species is more deadly than the male.

Man, a bear in most relations – worm and savage otherwise, –
Man propounds negotiations, Man accepts the compromise.
Very rarely will he squarely push the logic of a fact
To its ultimate conclusion in unmitigated act.

Fear, or foolishness, impels him, ere he lay the wicked low,
To concede some form of trial even to his fiercest foe.
Mirth obscene diverts his anger – Doubt and Pity oft perplex
Him in dealing with an issue – to the scandal of The Sex!

But the Woman that God gave him, every fibre of her frame
Proves her launched for one sole issue, armed and engined for the same,
And to serve that single issue, lest the generations fail,
The female of the species must be deadlier than the male.

She who faces Death by torture for each life beneath her breast
May not deal in doubt or pity – must not swerve for fact or jest.
These be purely male diversions – not in these her honour dwells.
She the Other Law we live by, is that Law and nothing else.

She can bring no more to living than the powers that make her great
As the Mother of the Infant and the Mistress of the Mate.
And when Babe and Man are lacking and she strides unclaimed to claim
Her right as femme (and baron), her equipment is the same.

She is wedded to convictions – in default of grosser ties;
Her contentions are her children, Heaven help him who denies! –
He will meet no suave discussion, but the instant, white-hot, wild,
Wakened female of the species warring as for spouse and child.

Unprovoked and awful charges – even so the she-bear fights,
Speech that drips, corrodes, and poisons – even so the cobra bites,
Scientific vivisection of one nerve till it is raw
And the victim writhes in anguish – like the Jesuit with the squaw!

So it comes that Man, the coward, when he gathers to confer
With his fellow-braves in council, dare not leave a place for her
Where, at war with Life and Conscience, he uplifts his erring hands
To some God of Abstract Justice – which no woman understands.

And Man knows it! Knows, moreover, that the Woman that God gave him
Must command but may not govern – shall enthral but not enslave him.
And She knows, because She warns him, and Her instincts never fail,
That the Female of Her Species is more deadly than the Male.

Rudyard Kipling 1911

Offline CFG

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 06:23:10 PM »
and yes.

Pokethis

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 06:33:08 PM »
That is what I've been feeling, just a general bad feeling so I've been preparing for my family even though they are not into it.  They think everything will be fine.

Offline nano.

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 06:38:05 PM »
i've been feeling the same way. Since we are on this topic, did anyone feel strange or off on 9/11? I went to work that day, but all day before they announced the attack I had an odd feeling in my gut.

Since then, and I'll agree with other posters here, I've felt that feeling periodically ever since xmas.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I just  have this goddamn feeling in the not too distant future that the proverbial may really hit the fan.

Pokethis

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »
I don't think you're wrong.  Prepare.  I've been preparing and telling eveyone, "Okay, when we go into recovery, we'll celebrate with all my preps!"  Have a huge party during recovery.

millerized1

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »
Of all folks, my mother is scared.  After seeing me for almost 10yrs wondering and preparing, she finally asked what she could do.

Of course, I helped, but was shocked.

Now I understand what it feels like when your kids finally realize "it".
Whatever "it" might be.

Offline ebonearth

• TSP Bunny Rabbit Wrangler
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • Plant a Revolution!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
i've been feeling the same way. Since we are on this topic, did anyone feel strange or off on 9/11? I went to work that day, but all day before they announced the attack I had an odd feeling in my gut.
I was booked on a flight into LaGuardia that day and last minute I decided to take a bus into NYC that morning. So yes, my ant-ennae tune in when they need to!

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 11:41:26 PM »
On 9/11, no premonitions but I was the first one in my little group to figure that those planes had to have been full of people.  It was an evil day.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »

I'd heard that the Princeton Eggs were going totally batty on the 11th, 12th, 13th (see this article: http://noosphere.princeton.edu/terror.html).  So it's not terribly surprising that we were all sort of "in-tune" during that period.  :)

amberwolf

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 04:54:52 PM »
I feel we are always in-tune and sensitive to each other and the more we are outdoors and in touch with nature, the more sensitive and aware we become of it. Like the Natives say "We Are All One."

MightyRunt

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 06:42:06 PM »
Funny that so many have mentioned the Christmas time frame. As a long time prepper, a desire to be stocked up isn't unusual, but around Dec it turned from routine to pressured. DH even got on board and quit complaining about my grocery spending. He kids me about "prepping for the revolution", but has been working long and hard reloading ammo and ordering stuff he was short of.  We went to a gun show in mid Dec(first time in 15 years) and each bought a new gun.  The really odd part though is that around that time I started having a strong urge to pray, which is totally unlike me. So, I'll pass it on that whatever/whoever you believe in, it's time to engage because this may be more than even we envision.

Offline TXChikk

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lovely
    • Foxy Flair
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
The really odd part though is that around that time I started having a strong urge to pray, which is totally unlike me. So, I'll pass it on that whatever/whoever you believe in, it's time to engage because this may be more than even we envision.

I totally agree with this statement. I've gotten away from my religious raisin' for many reasons but the internal/external nudging has kicked in for me too.

Pokethis

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »
you girls are totally right.  now it seems really bad.  I didn't see any signs during Y2K when my friends husbands were frieking out but now it seems different and we need to prep.  we are looking at years of downturn.  I didn't see a need until now and I feel that it will be years.  I'm pretty much stuck where I am and will prep accordingly.

Michael Masse

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 11:22:30 PM »
I would say that prayer is of utmost importance.  Do all you can and pray as you do it.

I have been a survivor at heart all my life.  Have spent a lot of time rehearsing scenarios in my mind , but just before Christmas I got into a conversation with a gal at work who is a prepper and something clicked.  I read Patriot by James Rawles and found this podcast and been hustling ever since because I truly feel like time is short.  No more time for mental rehearsals only time to act.

coffecat

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »
I am almost panicked.  Things are just going downhill everyday.  I just read "The Barney Frank Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 that started the current rash of "stimulus Giveaways" pledged 300 billion to let the banks cherry pick the worst subprime mortgage loans in their portfolios and shift the burden of paying them to the taxpayer - up to 300 billion."  I can't get past this.  It has to be illegal and totally unAmerican. Panicked too because so many in my family do not have enough money to prep and I have grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren.  C.

Offline TXChikk

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lovely
    • Foxy Flair
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 06:01:47 PM »
coffeecat panic never helps. The only way you will be able to assist those you care for is to keep your own head and have clear direction for yourself so you can lead. At some point you have to 'disconnect' from the political and social mess and tend to your most pressing needs. For myself those needs were
1) save money while I still had a job (that is coming in quite handy now)
2) have a plan in place if I lost my job (again, coming in handy)
3) water and food (again, see above).
I can sustain a very spartan existence as far as spending money goes for several months and even help a friend or two with food if I must but had I panicked I would be wringing my hands instead of acting. You must first take care of yourself.