Author Topic: Is your intuition kicking in?  (Read 193324 times)

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
Re: Is your intuition kicking in?
« Reply #570 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:09 AM »
I think we as a prepping community tend to be more observant but also tend to be biased since we are preparing for something bad to possibly happen we are open to the signs we perceive as something bad happening.  Not a horrible way to go through life.  We just need to learn how to filter.

On topic, yes, I feel something bad is going to happen.  If you pay attention to the world, how can you not feel that?

Offline Robinelli

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The purpose of life is a life of purpose
« Reply #571 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Are the dreams that come true on any kind of scale or just to people you know and interact with on a regular basis?  I have seen things happen in real life and felt deja vu because I dreamed something similar, but don't see that as intuition in myself.

I personally don't know if I believe in psychics and the like, but am open to the idea.

I tend to be skeptical and look at it as you subconsciously saw all the signs over time and put them together in your dream.  If she was thinking about it the day before she could have been giving off a lot of tells.  Or you could be psychic.

Is intuition another level of sense or is it just an intense level of subconscious observation?
It is usually people I know but may not see. For instance, I recently dreamed my aunt bought a lot of extravagant furniture. I haven't seen my aunt or spoken to her at all in several years. Before that I only saw her once a year at Christmas get togethers. So we are not close. I told my mom about the dream. Then my mom called me a week later and told me my aunt bought a $9,000 memory foam mattress. Things like that happen all of the time to me. So it can't be a subconscious observation. The first recollection of this happening to me was when I was a little girl. I woke up and my mom said my dad went somewhere to meet my uncle (who lived near us) and guess where they were? I guessed Florida and my mom took a step back and wanted to know why in the world I would guess that. I said I dreamed it. Turns out they WERE in Florida. They had left in the middle of the night.

nkawtg

« Reply #572 on: September 07, 2012, 08:07:29 PM »
When I was 12 I had a vivid episode of Deja-Vu. I dreamt my family was up north visiting a good family friend. I was in the patio doing my usual chore of cranking the ice cream maker. I recall looking at the back fence and seeing a chain net made of beer can pull tabs (it was a long time ago). I asked Earl what it was. His reply was "to scare away evil spirits".

Several months later we were visiting our good friends up north and I was cranking away on the ice cream maker. Sure enough I asked Earl about the chain net on the fence. Well as soon as he said "to scare away evil spirits" I fell back on my behind just stunned by what he said.

Later when I told my mom about it, her reply was a simple "it runs in the family", no surprise, just "it runs in the family", like it happens all the time.

Sadly (or not) I haven't had Deja-Vu quite like that since.

Offline dani3077

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »
I have not posted in awhile, just reading and listening. But last night I had a really strange dream that kinda worried me, and was wondering if anyone has ever had one like this?
It was spring/early summer around where I live (Arkansas). I traveled to a smaller town looking for produce that was cheaper to can, dehydrate, etc. (the town was about 30 minutes away.) I went to what use to be a full sized grocery store. Inside most of the building was blocked off with plywood panels. The only open spot was about the size of a large living room. I walked the couple of isles just looking. The store's food supply was a little weird, anchovies and capers are the only ones I remember seeing, but just a feeling of not being much of anything really familiar. Also prices were high (though I don't recall how much)

I go to the town square, a farmers market is set up. I get excited to see squash for $1 a lb, cause it is $4 a lb where I live. (in my dream) I was looking at a couple of different tables when I came to one that was selling even cheaper, all they had at this table was squash, though it was going bad. They were begging me to buy it, but I told them it was bad and I needed fresh for preserving. The two women running it were crying, turns out that it is just about all of the food they had and they were sick of eating it and needed money to try and get something else. One woman had 3 children the other had 1 and they were staying together. We went to their house to see what all they had, not much, and what I could use from what I had to supplement it. I remember making a list of what they needed. Peanut butter and jelly was on it, bread on the buy list. (Peanut butter was hard to come by, but jelly could be bought from the farmers market, I had plenty though so I put that on the list to give to them) The buy list was what I was going to buy for them-bread at the farmers market. All I can remember putting on the list was those couple of items. I then woke up.

Things about the dream to note. I drove to this town in my car. I did have some money to buy items from the farmers market, and what these people needed. I did not feel that the money was too big of a deal. I felt fairly well off. I did not feel that the food I gave them hurt my food storage at all. (I was not stressing about it)

Things about real life to note. I do not drive 30 minutes away to go shopping. I hate to drive and usually have my hubby drive me. We have some money set aside for an emergency, but mostly live paycheck to paycheck. We are definitely not well off. I stress a lot over my food storage. Even though I want to have a year supply of everything (at least) I have a different time on everything. I have a 3 month supply of everything, some has 6 months, a couple have a year. Though we are starting to get to where most things have 6 months, but I think I will stress about it until I get everything to a year.

This dream just made me really uneasy. Was wondering if anyone had any similar dreams? I searched it online to see if anyone there had a dream like that. Best I came up with was a woman whose child had a dream that people were Christmas shopping, but most were looking for special food for the present. Shrimp or mac n cheese. She said most were expensive and hard to find, then people would not sell at any price. Seems the woman on that site has dreams (and her children) and frequently they come true. But they don't know what it means until it happens. I can post a link to it if anyone wants. Any dream interpreters out there?

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #574 on: September 29, 2012, 11:12:43 AM »
I've been being chased by bears lately (in my dreams). Big grizzly bears chasing me, me running with a kid in my arms, and it always ends with me doing the smoothest draw ever from wherever my .380 is (purse, ankle, waist-it varies) and shooting it dead between the eyes. I don't usually have this kind of dream, and I'm wondering if it's anxiety over the upcoming election. Can't think of anything in my personal life that is bugging me.

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #575 on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
My intuition is off the charts right now.  Maybe it's because I am immersed in the topic all the time (working on the book). 

I'm feeling trouble in January 2013.  My track record of predictions is very bad, so please take that into consideration.

Oh, and remember that I WANT to be wrong.  I really do.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #576 on: November 03, 2012, 06:24:32 AM »
Here is a dream symbol web site I use.  When you remember your dream like a bear the bear would be the obvious.  If you can remember the number of bears the color how you felt.  Do you remember what you were wearing the sky a bird really any thing that sticks out.  read up on each thing and you can  get a pretty  clear picture.  Remember dreams are usually very abstract.   Each symbol can have different meaning.

To see a bear in your dream represents independence, strength death and renewal…..  is one way to look at it.  Add in pistol gun bullet child baby and so on and you might get a very clear picture.  It's kind of fun and has been very helpful to me figuring out stuff that seems way out there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc

I also  pay attention to animals.  Animals that seem to pop up repeatedly especially in uncommon ways.  Like I could see a deer in my front pasture that would be common but to see one on tv on someones t shirt or bumper sticker news hear the word on the radio see one in my back yard or see several on the road that just stand and stare vs jumping into the brush.  That will make me take notice.  Or maybe elephant will keep popping up when normally I don't give them a second thought.  News radio figurines at the store movie and so on.   Looking up the symbol or representation of that animal  can give insight too.     

One time I had humming birds that kept popping up.  Now around the feeder I didn't pay much attention.  But they started sitting on the deck rail the chairs on the deck I saw people wearing t-shirt wind chimes.  Several sitting out on a  open pasture fence.  It seemed for days every where I looked I saw humming birds on tv in magazines.  Then I came home and one was in the back porch area.   I caught it to let it go but when I opened the window and opened my hand it just sat there looking at me.  Then jumped up on my finger and let me pet it. Dropped a feather made a little sound then flew off.  Amazing.  It's up to you to decide the interpretations

Offline LibertyBelle

• Munches with goats...
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #577 on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »
Remember this?

My intuition meter is pegged.  Something will happen in 2012, around the election

You pegged it!  Just left out the cause/location (Sandy/East Coast).

Offline Robinelli

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The purpose of life is a life of purpose
« Reply #578 on: November 04, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »
The other night I dreamed to buy groceries one had to stand on a scale and have their weight broadcast on a large screen for everyone to see!  It was at the checkout line.  When I woke up I thought how real it seemed and how I could imagine that happening in the future.

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #579 on: November 18, 2012, 11:00:07 AM »
It's not even intuition anymore.  It's calmly knowing we're in the beginning phase of something new. 

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #580 on: November 18, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
Yes agree.  Of course my "calmly knowing"  every once in a while is more like holy crap. I am guessing because there is certain things I just have to get done now, that I am not able to do now.  Which usually means I am doing it wrong and fighting it some how. 

Most defiantly the sent is in the air.  Can't miss it.   

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #581 on: November 18, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
I think it's amazing.  This thread started almost four years ago.  Back then I felt very tentative about bringing up my budding "intuition".  We have come SO far since then.  The whole world is talking about collapse, disaster, sessession, food storage and 'zombies'.  Most of my friends and family are on the same page (even if they are not hard-core preppers) and these subjects are no long taboo.  I never imagined that my country would be where it is today.  I knew my generation was not immune to hard times but I never thought that our whole society would be turned on its head.  It's not over yet, but it definity has begun.

Offline Wildthang

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #582 on: November 19, 2012, 06:05:46 AM »
Dear Lady's, I applaud all of you for your intuitions and prepping! I only wish all women had your insight and open mindedness. I have 2 girlfriends that have lived with me for over 5 years. They are both wonderful women and we get along great, but they just dont seem to understand my urges to prep. They use to think I was paranoid, but recently they have been getting on board, especially since Sandy almost wiped out New York. I may have them join this forum and read through this thread so they can see that other women see the need to prepare.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #583 on: November 19, 2012, 06:16:29 AM »
I think it's amazing.  This thread started almost four years ago.  Back then I felt very tentative about bringing up my budding "intuition".  We have come SO far since then.  The whole world is talking about collapse, disaster, sessession, food storage and 'zombies'.  Most of my friends and family are on the same page (even if they are not hard-core preppers) and these subjects are no long taboo.  I never imagined that my country would be where it is today.  I knew my generation was not immune to hard times but I never thought that our whole society would be turned on its head.  It's not over yet, but it definity has begun.

I think this insight is very true.  As people who talk about the impending problems on a regular basis, I think we tend to suffer from our own normalcy bias when it comes to how others perceive the same problems we do.  We think most people ignore it or assume the government will help, but I agree that these subjects are more out in the open and what we do is tending to become more accepted.  Maybe it is just the silver lining.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
Was talking a lot in my sleep again.  Not good.  I have a huge knot in my gut.  This is not going to be good at all.  It's a huge crap storm!  One bigger than I could have ever imagined.  DON'T PANIC  This is or will be my own personal storm.  I am just putting this down so I can track to get some sort of validation/ education.  To be better able to read the feelings I get.  So as a reminder to myself: home, bookcase, $$ move faster, hold on, save save save it won't be enough, sell or lose.  The house will fall.    I know that does not make sense to you but it does to  me.   

As much as I want  to be wrong and I hope I am.  I sure don't want to be wrong about it just being my personal storm.  Things would be  very bad if it went beyond me.  It will be fine I have some unusual back up plans that I have never thought of before.  Who knows maybe I just ate a bad burrito.  ;)  :o   

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #585 on: November 24, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
I may have them join this forum and read through this thread so they can see that other women see the need to prepare.

We would love to have them!  Women do think differently than men about prepping and it really does help to hear what others are doing and thinking.

Offline busymomx3

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Starting to get the hang of this.
« Reply #586 on: December 08, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
I have noticed I feel more compelled to prep more and feel very unprepared even with stepping up my preps.  I feel like we are running out of time.  But I haven't been paying enough attention until now so it could just be that I'm so new to all of this so being more aware makes me feel so behind. 

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #587 on: December 08, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »
I have noticed I feel more compelled to prep more and feel very unprepared even with stepping up my preps.  I feel like we are running out of time.  But I haven't been paying enough attention until now so it could just be that I'm so new to all of this so being more aware makes me feel so behind.

Nope. I've been at it for a while but still don't feel comfortable with what I have. I need SO much more. I think that you will always feel that you are behind. Don't worry, just keep at it. Good luck.

Offline Bob Spelled Backwards

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #588 on: December 08, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
Funny, a few years ago I spent a good portion of my night time-free time playing Call of Duty.  Now every day,  to some extent, I'm judging myself and how well my personal Call of Duty to my prepping obligations to my family is going.  The more I get accomplished to the less I worry about things out of my control.  I know we don't have everything yet and probably never will, but I feel pretty good about what's been accomplished so far. 

Offline hoosiermom

• Prepper
« Reply #589 on: December 12, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »

Hi Busymomx3 - welcome!  I understand what you are saying, and honestly I feel like I need to be getting all my ducks in a row right now, finding and organizing the things I've already purchased, etc.  (Just visited the organization thread in Lady Survivors!) Can't explain it, but definitely feel the need.  I think Jack's podcast from a day or so ago about the coming shift in society explains a lot of my uneasiness. 

I have a real concern about having the ability to prepare a meal w/o electricity, even though we have a generator - the stove is not hooked up - and I am really considering how to get a greenhouse going.  The other thing I have a real concern for right now is how to accommodate any of our parents who may need an extended stay place (i.e., at our house). 

These things are truly in my thoughts nearly every day.  [And, noticing your name is Busymomx3, we have 3 children - two teenagers - and I know that trying to do all of this with the busy-ness of 3 kids is a skill and challenge in and of itself!]

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #590 on: December 12, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
Here is a dream symbol web site I use.  When you remember your dream like a bear the bear would be the obvious.  If you can remember the number of bears the color how you felt.  Do you remember what you were wearing the sky a bird really any thing that sticks out.  read up on each thing and you can  get a pretty  clear picture.  Remember dreams are usually very abstract.   Each symbol can have different meaning.

To see a bear in your dream represents independence, strength death and renewal…..  is one way to look at it.  Add in pistol gun bullet child baby and so on and you might get a very clear picture.  It's kind of fun and has been very helpful to me figuring out stuff that seems way out there. 

What if you don't remember your dreams?  What if you don't remember the last time you had a dream and what it was? 

My DW is a dreamer almost every night and has little to no feeling that anything bad is going to happen.

I can't remember the last time I dreamed and I am nervous.  It doesn't show a lot and not many see it, but I know it is there.

You seem to depend on your dreams for a portion of what you feel, kind of an interpreter of thoughts that maybe you didn't want to admit to yourself or that you didn't know how to vocalize, but that is helping you to grow and become better.  How much does dreaming influence your intuition?

Is there something wrong that I don't at least remember a dream or two now and then?  I feel like I sleep well and wake up rested.  Am I just not getting a "deep enough" sleep?

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #591 on: December 13, 2012, 08:12:17 AM »
If you don't remember your dreams and want to you can train yourself to do that.  One way is to tell yourself as you fall asleep that you will remember your dreams.  Then have a note pad by your bed and the second you wake for any reason just write.  Don't think just write.  If a word pops in write it.  a feeling or color.  Don't judge just write.  Over time things will develop. 

If you don't remember dreams not an expert here just means you don't remember.  Every body dreams if we didn't we would go crazy then die. 

Not all dreams are precognitive dreams.  I do from time to time have those but only when I need them the most.  I also have had lucid dreams and shared dreams.  Most of the time my dreams are me just working daily problems out.  Or just random stuff that flows.  I do not remember all of my dreams which sometimes I am very very grateful for.  It got so bad at one time I would not sleep for fear of what would come out in my dream.    There is I believe a certain amount of trust you have to have in yourself and a comfort with dreams. 

I would say if you are nervous trying to dream about why & or what you can do about it can help you figure things out.  You can google dreams and dreaming to learn more.  Fair warning it can be a bit unsettling.  You just can't take thing literally.  It can also take a lot of work.  I have had dreams since I was 5 yrs old.  So I have had many many years to come to terms with them.  Also I can have night terrors.  Those are not fun at all.  Nor are awake dreams.  Thankfully I have learned how to control those for the most part. 

Some times if you just focus on the feeling and go into it you can see what the real issue is.  It's kinda like looking at things in the fog just before dawn.  As the sun comes up and the fog lifts things start to become clearer and clearer.  Until then it is very easy to let the imagination run amuck.  Don't let it.  You have to have some kind of control for lack of a better word.  Best if you can look at things without judgement of any sort.  Stay neutral.  Leave emotion out of it.  Acknowledge it but don't act on it. 

I think my dreaming and intuition are almost two separate things.  My intuition is when I am awake.  Visions are when I am awake.  Intuitions come quick and fade even faster.  They are almost like an old memory of a dream.  Usually are a feeling based thing.  With what I call popcorn words.  They pop in and out.  So it is very very difficult to say exactly what I am getting or why.  I have worked very hard over the years to not pick up on things that I have no control over.  Nor have answers for.   I have to buy groceries and function with people I can't be walking around 'ON' all the time.  It was much worse when I worked with hands on people every day.   A vision is usually something I get only when I am working with a client.  I never really called it that until a Native American client told me that is what I was doing.  Have had a few others tell me that is what I was doing also.  I'm still not sure I call it that.  Just seems that people that are familiar with and understand what I do say it is.  So I adopted the vocabulary. 

I depend on every thing dream visions feeling the animals insects movies conversations everything.  I believe it is all connected.  Example:  A few days ago I had the TV on.  As I walked over to shut it off the dog jumped up on the couch and hit the button.  First I very very seldom ever leave the remote on the couch.  Second the dog very very seldom jumps up the way he did.  Well the channel changed to a show about an earthquake.  Earthquakes in the PNW where I live.  The next show was about Japan.  I had just had a conversation with a friend about earthquakes and one with my son.  Both conversations were brought up by them.  Both were uncharacteristic  of them.  When I was in the barn the chickens flew up on a shelf and knocked a bunch of stuff off.  There was a small earthquake in my area that knocked out my computer.  So I opted to get caught up on some earthquake preparedness.  I also woke up one morning saying to myself well shit not again those poor people.  Hubby asked what I was talking about but couldn't remember.  The next night I yelled in my sleep.  "Get down hold on wait till it stops then run"   Again hubby asked but I could not remember.  Next day earthquake hit Japan again.    So see in part I am just connecting dots that would other wise go unnoticed.  Part things do come out in my dreams.  I do get feelings that I should pay attention and look. 

As for your last questions NO there is nothing WRONG with you. it is a cultural thing.  Something we were taught at avery young age to dismiss and disregard dreaming.   If you don't and you try to talk about it even as adults it is taboo evil BS crazy talk and so on.  Believe me I have had some very strange or unusual experiences.  Even those that have witnessed them still have a hard time believing what they saw or experienced.  As long as you are rested and healthy that is the main thing.  The rest if you want to develop your skills you will have to work on it.  If you do decide to work on it proceed with caution as I have found out the hard way there are some big predators and real crazy people out there that are way way out there.  To each his own.  But I prefer to have explanations and I don't believe things blindly.  I also believe that every thing can be explained scientifically we are just not that advanced & to advanced at the same time. 

As you can tell I can ramble on about this sorry.  Feel free to PM me any time if you want more detail. 

Main advise I can give is to pay attention become more aware and know yourself very very well.  Sweet dreams. 

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #592 on: December 13, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »
Was talking a lot in my sleep again.  Not good.  I have a huge knot in my gut.  This is not going to be good at all.  It's a huge crap storm!  One bigger than I could have ever imagined.  DON'T PANIC  This is or will be my own personal storm.  I am just putting this down so I can track to get some sort of validation/ education.  To be better able to read the feelings I get.  So as a reminder to myself: home, bookcase, $$ move faster, hold on, save save save it won't be enough, sell or lose.  The house will fall.    I know that does not make sense to you but it does to  me.   

As much as I want  to be wrong and I hope I am.  I sure don't want to be wrong about it just being my personal storm.  Things would be  very bad if it went beyond me.  It will be fine I have some unusual back up plans that I have never thought of before.  Who knows maybe I just ate a bad burrito.  ;)  :o   

Well since then yes personal crap storms have hit.  Hubby left the house after signing divorce papers.  Not to worry it was just a major major brain fart on his part.  He won't make that mistake again!  The dog attacked the bookcase.  When I pulled it out found a mouse hole.  Crap now we have mice in
the house.  Gotta get them before they make it to the pantry.  $$$ my car broke down again hubbys car is having problems and the dryer crapped out.  There is another leak in the barn roof and the pigs broke some fencing.  While trying to get them the dog took off (he is home safe the little piss ant) 

Selling the house is no longer an option without loosing big time.  To move we will need much more money that previously thought.  We are sitting holding our breath that the HELOC is not called due and payable in 30 day.  Since the house value fell too low.  Not a huge deal just need to pay it off ASAP. 

Another earth quake hit Japan and the shooting at the mall.  OK I think it is done now pretty much covered everything.  Those two things would explain the knot I had.  Just didn't want to admit it.  Hubby called when he heard about the mall shooting.  Asked is this why you freaked out when I mentioned going shopping at the mall?  hum maybe so. 

Insurance will go up another $40 per month small price to pay for freedom I guess. Only had 6 hours to change out dental insurance that was a rush to get done.  I thought I had to the end of the year.  oops nope the end of Nov.  That one slid in under the wire.  Dang I wish they would leave it alone!  It all use to be done in July. 

The other AM I woke up very happy and light hearted.  I remember thinking this will be great!  So far I have met people that can answer my questions about the pigs.  Have some new ideas for generating a income.  Projects are clicking.  Hubby wanted to help get a tree and decorate it.  (First tree in years)  It was great! cut it on our own property.  Lists are made for the new year.  Budgets are on track again.  People are calling wanting to buy turkeys and we haven't even advertised.  Just word of mouth.  I already have a waiting list for the next litter of piggies.   I think I like this good feeling much much better.  ;D    Just enjoying the ride.  Man it's been a crazy one over the last month.  Yup just as I thought I am about 3 weeks out.   Now I think I have a pretty solid time frame.  Hoping any way.  Will help narrow things down a bit more.  Still not 100% accurate but getting better and better. 

As far as the economy goes and a crap storm there I am choosing not to pay attention at this moment.  Every thing there seems to be on track for what I thought it would be.  I would rather ride the wave of good for I know it can't last forever.  I just know the foundation needs to be set so we can carry on as normal as possible.  There is still time left.  It just needs to be used wisely and not wasted or squandered with worry.  All energies need to be put to good productive use.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #593 on: December 13, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
As for your last questions NO there is nothing WRONG with you. it is a cultural thing.  Something we were taught at avery young age to dismiss and disregard dreaming.   If you don't and you try to talk about it even as adults it is taboo evil BS crazy talk and so on.  Believe me I have had some very strange or unusual experiences.  Even those that have witnessed them still have a hard time believing what they saw or experienced.  As long as you are rested and healthy that is the main thing.  The rest if you want to develop your skills you will have to work on it.  If you do decide to work on it proceed with caution as I have found out the hard way there are some big predators and real crazy people out there that are way way out there.  To each his own.  But I prefer to have explanations and I don't believe things blindly.  I also believe that every thing can be explained scientifically we are just not that advanced & to advanced at the same time. 

I don't believe it is cultural.  I had dreams when I was younger and had no issues sharing them with my parents.  My wife and I talk about her dreams all the time.  I don't have any issues with dreaming and totally believe that they present indicators for your real life.  I have lucid dreamed before, but that was years ago and it was pretty easy.

I also feel like I am also pretty in touch with myself and have no problem being honest with myself.  Maybe I just don't have that much to resolve.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #594 on: December 13, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »
I don't believe it is cultural.  I had dreams when I was younger and had no issues sharing them with my parents.  My wife and I talk about her dreams all the time.  I don't have any issues with dreaming and totally believe that they present indicators for your real life.  I have lucid dreamed before, but that was years ago and it was pretty easy.

I also feel like I am also pretty in touch with myself and have no problem being honest with myself.  Maybe I just don't have that much to resolve.

When I say cultural I am referencing the majority of the people I have come in contact with and how I was raised.   A lot of times when kids have a bad dream it is just dismissed and they are told to go back to sleep.  When adults talk to strangers yeah we can all laugh at the talking naked in a crowd or flying dreams but when you start talking seriously about precognitive dreams  or interpretations sometimes that seems to cross a line. 

That is way cool that you can have lucid dreams.  That sometimes can take a lot of work.   Maybe you are a natural at that.   It sounds like if you want to remember your dreams & have them work for you on a conscious level  you already have all the tools to be able to do so.  It could very well be a gift that just has not been unwrapped yet?  Or just not needed.    Way cool.  Maybe you work through things in a different way. 

That would be great if you do.  I would love to stop working so hard at night.  ;)  lol.