Author Topic: Is your intuition kicking in?  (Read 193318 times)

Da Fat Kid

Re: Is your intuition kicking in?
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2009, 12:35:26 AM »
Looking at the cost of that hand pump you can get a portable generator for less. The +++ to the generator is that you could pump up the water system then use the gen for other things like to run water heater, range and lights etc. Wow running water, hot shower and a hot meal does it get any better???
Personally I wouldn't go with anything less than a 5000 watt nom. generator and if at all possible Honda then you only have to do it once and they are quiet too.

Offline EmmaPeel

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling like there is impending doom.  DH doesn't seem as worried as I am and he is usually up to speed on stuff.  I'm slowing preparing.  We are out of debt and have some cash stored.  I have some food stored and am working on getting more.  We eat so much from the freezer that it has been hard to figure out what to store that does not need electricity.  Many times I feel I can't do this quick enough.  As I watch the news I just feel politicians are driving us off a cliff.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2009, 01:46:11 PM »
DH stands for "Dear Husband". 

That's not what my wife thinks "DH" means!  ;D

Hmm. I always thought it meant "damn hillbilly" when my wife typed that about me ;D

Notsonutso

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »
Hi everybody, this is my first post here, so I hope I'm not overstepping on the topic as I've got so much going on inside my head.  I've been having a 'panic' feeling for a few weeks now, so has my DH.  When I read this topic, I knew it was time to sign on, before it was too late.

It's almost exactly 2 years since I started prepping, and praying.  I used to embarrass my DH... according to him.  Now?  next to me, he sounds like a REAL nutjob.  He's been on board for almost a year, but totally obsessive for about 6 months.  Funny, he used to suffer from severe procrastination...what a switch, kind of like the light went on!

We are going to our state capitol for the 'tea party' tomorrow.  We both have the feeling that this is the day that things will start to escalate.  Why should we fear doing the right thing?  but we do, we fear this government, and I know we are not alone.

Last year, I doubled the size of our garden and learned to can.  Doubling the garden again this year.  Hubby has always been the flower person, but he is limited to only eatable and medicinal flowers/herbs now.  I save ALL the seeds I can, as I think this will be a good barter item.

The alarm IS going off.  My screen name comes from what a neighbor said to me recently, "I guess you're not so nutso after all".

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »

Hi everybody, this is my first post here, so I hope I'm not overstepping on the topic as I've got so much going on inside my head. 

No overstepping whatsoever.  Very nice post.

Welcome to the forum.

Evie

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
I have been prepping for 17 years, some times stronger and others not so much.  Last September I got a heavy feeling aka intuition to be steadfast in my prepartions.  My grandmother, mama and myself all have had the intuitive gene.  My strongest one ever was the Monday before 9/11. My DH and I  drove our semi as a team and delivered a load in New York. Our dispatcher said it would be Tuesday (9/11) before we could load out.  I flat out refused and said I want to go home, even though it would be up to us to buy fuel.   My DH firmly believes in my feelings and put up no argument.  Less than 24 hours later 9/11 happened.

I have become less stressful now that we are prepared.  I take comfort in each task that is checked off my list.   Stop and take a deep breath next time you feel overwhelmed, sing, pray or shoot targets with a BB pistol,
my personal favorite!  ;)  Your preps should include taking care of your mental health.  This is a time for confidence and allowing yourself to be human. Sharing your fears is a good thing and knowing you arent alone in this makes it easier.  Below is a very good source to deal with stress on many levels.  Hugs, Evie

http://stress.about.com/od/managetimeorganize/a/timelifecontrol.htm

Sister Ant

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2009, 08:42:01 AM »
Yes, I guess women are blessed with intuition, more so than men.

Even so, the nagging thoughts need to be acted upon. I have had nagging thoughts and dreams for years now but only moving into action now. Being over 50, I feel almost late to the "party" but trying to get on board. I just learned to shoot last year so at least I am that much prepared. There is so much more to learn and do, so hoping to learn from this forum! Later this fall, Florida's growing season, I hope to have a small vegetable garden and so on from there.  ;)

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2009, 09:13:53 AM »
Sister Ant:

I love your avatar.

Sister Ant

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »
Sister Ant: I love your avatar.

Thanks it was either that or the nuns with guns but thought maybe the "sister" part would be misunderstood. See if I can post photo here:

Notsonutso

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2009, 05:36:29 AM »

The picture is priceless!  But the caption is reassuring!! 

Sarahmae

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »
I just signed onto the forum and I was a bit apprehensive of clicking on the "ladies" section of the forum because I absolutely despise that label. If I am going to do something, I want to be recognized for the fact that I can do it right, not the fact that I am a woman...different rant for a different day... I am glad I decided to open this section though because having other women with a similar mindset around to chat with will be an excellent support, there is no denying that. I have some things I need to get over I guess.

It's very good to hear that I am not the only one with that survival gene kicked into high gear, I have been starting to question my sanity as of late because of the vast amounts of research and prep that I have been going through. I don't know why I started doing it - About a year ago something snapped in me and I spend a day trying to sort out seemingly irrational thoughts: "Somethings going to happen, I don't know what it is or where it's going to start, I need to grow a garden, I need more storage, I need to get a bigger pressure-canner, I need to learn how to preserve things without freezing them, I need to take a survival course, I need to learn about plants...What do I do, where do I start, who do I tell."

The part I hate the most is being able to actually feel the unrest, it's thick as butter in the air, and not having any idea what to do about it except prep. Because of the broad sense of impending doom and no compass to point us in a starting direction, we have to prep for anything and everything we can think of. It is pretty overbearing at times.

So - I am a bit relieved to know that I am not the only one that "feels" like "something" is totally and completely wrong.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • Wanna have an adventure?
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2009, 02:51:13 PM »
I just signed onto the forum and I was a bit apprehensive of clicking on the "ladies" section of the forum because I absolutely despise that label. If I am going to do something, I want to be recognized for the fact that I can do it right, not the fact that I am a woman...

SO DO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh my god, I totally understand.  I didn't even venture in here, until I was made a moderator of the ladies forum.

It irritated me for a long time (6 months or so) that the ladies forum even existed.  "So - what - separate but equal?," I thought to myself.  But y'know, it's actually doing a very good thing, miss sarah mae.  There are lots and lots of ladies who are mortified of jumping into a conversation with a man whom she doesn't know about a topic that she's curious about, but doesn't know ANYTHING about (or maybe only knows a little).  She doesn't want to be spoken down to, and sometimes the only place where an exchange of the sort that she would be comfortable with can happen, is in the company of other women.  So the fact that we can provide that service to curious women who would otherwise not post ANYWHERE on the forum is really, really cool.  Eventually, those who start here, venture out to the rest of the board, and become bold enough to argue with the best of them.  :)

In any case, welcome.  Glad to have ya.  :)

Offline sneauxball

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2009, 03:09:40 PM »
not only that, but there are also threads like this that might totally mortify some men.

Offline TXChikk

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lovely
    • Foxy Flair
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
Welcome sarahmae, glad you ventured out to join us here!

SuperUltraJulie

« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
Both Jack and Glenn Beck have talked in the past couple of days about how women are paying much more attention to these issues of preparedness, economic collapse, civil unrest than has traditionally been the case.  Mr. Beck suggested that women's intuition or internal danger alarms may be going off.

Of course, for many of us it's in our DNA to want to prepare for a rainy day and always has been.  Nevertheless, do you think that there is a heightened sense of danger for women in general and have you felt your own intuition setting off alert signals?

Just curious....

Strangely - yes...which is why I joined this forum. :)

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »
Strangely - yes...which is why I joined this forum. :)

Awwwwwww, I LOVE your avatar.  Is that you and hubby?

SuperUltraJulie

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »
Um...yes of course - LOL!

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »
Um...yes of course - LOL!

Hey, you have to ask.  It could have been some movie characters I'm not familiar with or something. ;)

SuperUltraJulie

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2009, 06:10:10 AM »
I'll let my husband know we were mistaken for movie stars!

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2009, 09:05:52 AM »

I'll let my husband know we were mistaken for movie stars!

Don't include Heavy G in that.  I don't want an hombre like your husband thinking I'm flirting with his wife!  Survival lesson number one: don't flirt with the wives of US Marines.

Of course I'm just kidding about all this.  Welcome to the forum.

Offline khristopher23

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2009, 11:07:58 AM »
I was thinking the same thing. Even setting there smiling, he still looks like someone I DEFINITELY would want to be on the wrong side of. ;D

SuperUltraJulie

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2009, 02:44:54 PM »
LOL!

Thx for the warm welcome everyone!

Angie

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »
I know my gut is telling me something.  My sister and I both talk about a 'gut feeling'.  My husband says it good to be prepared, and then lays back in the recliner with the remote.  I'm and one making all the plans.  Thats OK, I do it better anyway.  Just need some muscle occasionally.

Offline Sister Wolf

• The Tiffanator
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
    • WilderWolf
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2009, 11:44:27 AM »
I know my gut is telling me something.  My sister and I both talk about a 'gut feeling'.  My husband says it good to be prepared, and then lays back in the recliner with the remote.  I'm and one making all the plans.  Thats OK, I do it better anyway.  Just need some muscle occasionally.

LOL!  Welcome to the forum, first of all.  Secondly, I feel for ya.  I mean, my hubby isn't like that (I have a hard time keeping up with him, and that's after he works a 50 hour work week), but I've seen a LOT of people who do that.

sage0925

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2009, 01:06:50 AM »
I've had a "bad feeling" for about 15 years. However, the "bad feeling" has almost become panic since the beginning of the year. I don't sleep well either, mostly due to fear and/or anxiety. My intuition is telling me that things are going to start getting bad this winter.

I know a lot of you will think this is really hokey, but I read Tarot cards...have for the past 20 years, but just for myself and friends, never for money. I honestly don't trust the readings of those who do it for money. Anyway...read them the other night (haven't touched them for a few years), and they basically said to keep on the path I was on, and consult those who might be on the same path to give me more knowledge. My question had been basically, am I being stupid with all this survivalist stuff. Another reading, I asked what will happen to my country. I didn't like the answer.

I found this website the next night. For which I am grateful. Ya'll seem like a lot of really cool people. Even the liberals are cool...not judgmental or negative. Sorry, no insult intended, but I was surprised. I know conservatives can be just as stupid as anybody else, but my experiences with liberals hasn't been too great as of late... Everybody manages to get along. And there are many, many helpful posts. I truly hope the grid doesn't go down, because I think I will make a lot of friends here, and I will miss you when/if there is no more Internet.

Sage

sage0925

« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »
OMG...just saw the nun pic...have to show DH...that is hysterically funny! I laughed til I cried!

Sage

Offline Heavy G

• Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
    • 299 Days
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

Ya'll seem like a lot of really cool people. Even the liberals are cool...not judgmental or negative. Sorry, no insult intended, but I was surprised. I know conservatives can be just as stupid as anybody else, but my experiences with liberals hasn't been too great as of late... Everybody manages to get along.

People on this forum are very open minded.  I don't want to call it "libertarian" because I am too open minded to be labelling people!  Ha!  But seriously, just like Jack talked about in a recent podcast, when you're trying to be independent of the systems (like the food distribution system) you tend to be libertarian in one aspect or another.  He explained it well.

But back to the topic of intuition: my intuition needle is pegged over in the red zone right now.  I have always been able to sense a fight or bad situation before it happens.  Now, to be fair, right now I am reading a novel about an EMP wiping out America so I might be hyped up on this now.  But I can just feel something coming.  I pray (literally) that I'm wrong.

Offline “Mark”

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Freedom lovin' Canadian
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see food riots within a year. Food prices are set to sky rocket this fall/winter, and stay high, due to global and local shortages.

And it's going to suck when oil is over $100/bbl by fall.

sage0925

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
I hear ya, HeavyG...socially, I side with the libs...everything else I'm conservative to moderate...the way I look at issues, is "this affects the quality of my life, how?" Some of the sites I've tried just breathe religion in your face every other sentence. I believe in God, and I do pray, but I am not Christian...more Taoist than anything.

But I'm scared. Not that I can't survive if my husband and I are left alone, I'm more worried about the great unwashed with no intuition whatsoever, who currently refer to survivalists as nutjobs. The ones that will think that it's "not fair" that those of us who were prepared have food while they are starving to death. Who think it's fair to steal from us because they were too stupid to pay attention to what was going on around them. I don't think you necessarily need intuition to be driven to survivalism, but you at the very least need to have your head out of the sand and pay attention to what's going on around you.

I normally don't scare easy...take most things in stride. But my alarm bells are buzzing off the map...I can't remember when I've been this tense all the time. If we were completely ready, I'd just pray to go ahead and bring it on whatever disaster is coming, and get it over with. We need about another year, and by then I might feel stocked up enough to untense and unwind.

But right now, the sense of urgency just won't go away.

Sage

Offline Zookeeper

• Prepper
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2009, 12:52:30 AM »
I live in California, I fell like the SHTF is coming soon Our Gov. Arnold is cutting almost all of the Social programs here. Schools, Senior Aid, Disabled, Closing 220 State Parks, Cutting Welfare , etc. I know the state has to drastically cut back on its spending but I would like to see some cuts in the perks that the legislators get. If Arnold cuts welfare  like he says, Its gonna be crazy out here. Watch for it in July.