Author Topic: Is your intuition kicking in?  (Read 210082 times)

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
Re: Is your intuition kicking in?
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »
eph2:

That might be true, but you're waaayyyy better off than 97% of the population.  Keep that in mind.  There will never be enough time/money to truly have every prep nailed down.  We have to play the hand we're dealt--and if you're on this forum, you're playing that hand much, much better than virtually anyone around you.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #541 on: July 09, 2012, 08:14:55 AM »
My   Déjà vu has been popping up all over the place lately.  Very strong frequent and almost a rapid fire several times a day.  This has been going on for quite a few weeks now.  I thought it would pass as normal.  Most of the time I am just noticing it but more and more often I can get this "OH CRAP Not again" feeling.  It's sorta like when you are outside and get a faint smell of rain coming.  Or a brief oh a storm is rolling in.  Then you just go about your day.   Or like when you have the tv on in the background and a word or two catches your attention.  You look towards the tv and ask half heartedly what are they talking about?  By the time you get to the tv the news has gone to commercial and you missed it.  I feel like some of it is personal but most is on a much bigger scale.

I  have decided to handle it all different this time.  Instead of trying to figure out what it is or why.  I am just saying ok it's there and letting it go.  I think it's more because I don't really want to know what "IT" is.  I mean if I can't stop it or help people or warn them then whats the point?  Sometimes the feeling, weather comes into my head or fire or evacuation, death, illness,  money.  Then a few times I had oh this is ok feeling and hubby asked why are you smiling?    I didn't even realize I was.   

I had evacuation and fire so so strong for a week.  Then it hit so hard Sat. AM that we went truck shopping.  I just had /got this feeling stop messing around trying to figure out what kind of rig to get  just go get a big truck.  Get it today!  Get it now! Then get a trailer.

Now that is weird for me.  Yes a big truck would come in handy and we do want to get one some day.  However they are $$$ and I refuse to go into debit.  That is even worse.   We did test drive some and came so close to getting one.  Thankfully we have a 'sleep on it' rule and the next morning instead of being sad we didn't have a truck I was so relieved to still have the money!  So no truck for now but if it happens again I guess I can't dismiss it so easily. 

Offline snickers

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #542 on: July 09, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
Now that is weird for me.  Yes a big truck would come in handy and we do want to get one some day.  However they are $$$ and I refuse to go into debit.  That is even worse.   We did test drive some and came so close to getting one.  Thankfully we have a 'sleep on it' rule and the next morning instead of being sad we didn't have a truck I was so relieved to still have the money!  So no truck for now but if it happens again I guess I can't dismiss it so easily.

Good for you for not going into debt! My brother just got a really good deal on a big truck with low miles - I bet if you wait for gas prices to spike this summer you can get a real steal on gently a used one!

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #543 on: July 31, 2012, 06:03:26 PM »
So how bout it any bells going off today??  I only ask because I have been a basket case most of yesterday.  Then since 10am this AM I have been in tears and shaking all day.  On the way home from the store I kept hearing warning bells like the ones you hear at a railroad crossing.  I have been hearing that for quite a few days now on and off.  This time it was loud.  I have my BOB stuff on the table going through it cash on hand.   Some how this does not feel right but yet it does.   

Maybe I am just loosing it.  Hormones stress?  Shoot I don't know.  It just sucks because I can feel it.  I just don't know where it's coming from.  I am not sure what it is.  There was a time I would have blown it off  but experience and validation has taught me not to. 

We have had quite a few little pot holes hit us over the last few weeks.  More like inconveniences  where I would feel oh crap not again.   Better get more cash on hand.  (car broke down)  aw shit time is up we loose (baby turkeys hatched before we had the pen ready)  Good grief not again (hubbys truck broke down)  quick hide don't answer the phone (family called that I will not have any thing to do with) Warned hubby that he needed to be tough and hard core just suck it up (his dad showed up with more grief to give)  Don't answer that phone  it's  bad news  (hubby was informed his mom    has COPD and dad -FIL has prostate cancer) Phone rings again I looked at him he asked should I answer?  Yes it's my best friend with bad news she needs me (it was) Ok so those have come and gone now it's just this big thing.  I almost feel like it is as big as Japan or 911 just size wise.   I want to say weather but since I keep having a train thing and evacuation popping in….

It bothers me that I am not doing what I need to do but I just don't know what I should be doing.  I just know I am not doing it.  I have never felt so lost for direction.  No matter what I do if feels like this is just a superficial thing to pass the time.  The more I do the farther away I feel we are getting.  Dang I just feel crazy every thing is so vague like trying to sniff with a bad cold and you really can't tell if you smell something or not. 

The thing that bothers me most is I don't know who to tell to duck.   I do know some one needs to duck some where for some reason.   ;) :rofl:  how's that for being intuitive duh.

Any body else uneasy?  I don't mean just because of the news / media.  Any unusual dreams?  Feelings of being watchful but don't know what to watch for?  I don't know any thing?  Or am I just in some serious need of meds.   ;D

Offline KellyAnn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • TSP Forum member
« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »
Uneasy.  Yes, that would be a good way to describe it.

Closer to what I'm feeling is that the walls are closing in and that I'm running out of options.
I'm usually quite mentally sound (other than a fear of clowns), but lately it's just this feeling that I'm caught in a trap.
I've had this feeling since before the Aurora CO shooting, but it's definitely intensified since then.
I know some of it is work related, but there seems to be more to it then that.
All I can do is stick with my plan, trust in the plan, and believe things will go better for myself and my husband if we follow the plan.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #545 on: July 31, 2012, 08:05:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  At least I no I am not the only one.  Just gotta press on.  When it hits so intensely it just sucks. If tomorrow is not any better then I will have to break down and follow a to do list.  Some times this feeling can just be paralyzing and I HATE that!   

nkawtg

« Reply #546 on: July 31, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
Thankfully we have a 'sleep on it' rule

That rule has saved our bacon more times than I can say. And it has led us to better opportunities.

Offline eronious

• Prepper
  • Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Homesteading the Front Range
« Reply #547 on: August 14, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
I hope this doesn't come accross as preachy or overly pollyanna-ish.  I'm absolutely not trying to downplay any fears that anyone has, because trust me, I'm a chronic worrier and it's something I have to battle all the time.  But I think its important to keep everything in perspective and to try not to live in fear.  Are you doing what you can to prepare for the most likely scenarios?  Are you becoming more and more self sufficient?  Are you getting out of debt?  Are you putting a little something by in case things go off the rails?  Could you get by for a week with no inputs (water, power, grocery stores, fuel, etc.)?  How about 2 weeks?  Yes?  Good for you!  Prep for three weeks or a couple of months next.  Try out both your bug-out AND your bug-in scenarios.  Are you gaining new skillsets that will make you more valuable and versitile in the long run? 

Humans aren't the fastest creature on the planet.  We don't have the best eyesight, bite power, claws, sniffers, or even much fur.  What we do have is our adaptability and ability to cooperate, plan for the future, and learn from each other.  If you're leveraging those advantages and better yet, teaching those around you to do those things too, you vastly increase your chance of survival no matter what comes your way. 

We have instincts (I think more so as women) not to make us live in fear or to live perpetually worried about when that shoe is going to drop, but to serve as a prod to keep moving - keep improving.  If you're doing what you can, you have no need to fear.  You've prepared, now practice using those skills.  Go camping.  Go for a day long hike.  Try cooking with your preps.  Try going without water and power for a few days and see how it works out and adjust your plan accordingly.  Make it a game.  Too much fear or worry will make you sick and you can get stuck in a mind-set where all you're hearing is the sound of the impending danger, and then if you let yourself dwell there all the time, that's all you'll hear.  It can get to the point where you can't be happy in the here and now if you're completely focused on all the bad stuff that could go down - and I think at that point, you almost start to invite that disaster into your life.  I guess all I'm saying is that even though a lot of us are instinctually feeling a sense of urgency lately, try not to dwell on that possible future.  Try to listen to that prompting to give you the inspiration to keep working to improve your life in the here and now and in the future when these things do come down.  Then just trust yourself and the work you've done.  You've already given yourself a much better shot at coping with anything that comes your way if you've done your due dilligence.  And if you're here, you probably have.  :)

Here's a question.  I do a lot of disaster recovery and security planning as my day-job.  Would anyone like to go through the exercise of developing a disaster recovery plan for your personal life?  I'd be happy to share what I know and tools to determine where you should be spending your time and money if anyone is interested.  I could start a new thread if one doesn't exist.  I just don't want any of you to be afraid, and I think knowing that you're on the right track is a really powerful tool in easing those fears and intelligently assessing where the real risks are in your life.  Seeing the plan and justifications on paper can be super comforting and useful.  Let me know if anyone is interested, ok? 

You girls rock!  I'm glad you're out there doing what you do.  The TSP boys aren't all bad either.   ;)  I feel like I have a whole lot of brothers- and sisters-at-arms out there and that gives ME a lot of comfort, no matter what I feel looming on the horizon. :-*

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #548 on: August 14, 2012, 02:08:45 PM »
Here's a question.  I do a lot of disaster recovery and security planning as my day-job.  Would anyone like to go through the exercise of developing a disaster recovery plan for your personal life?  I'd be happy to share what I know and tools to determine where you should be spending your time and money if anyone is interested.  I could start a new thread if one doesn't exist.  I just don't want any of you to be afraid, and I think knowing that you're on the right track is a really powerful tool in easing those fears and intelligently assessing where the real risks are in your life.  Seeing the plan and justifications on paper can be super comforting and useful.  Let me know if anyone is interested, ok?  ...

this is a great idea for a new thread...  :D

Offline eronious

• Prepper
« Reply #549 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
Ok.  I'll try to create it over in the more mainstream sections of the boards.  I'll give you guys a link when I've got it going.

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #550 on: August 14, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
Actually, I'm more angry that frightened. Yes, I fear what "our' government is going to do next - I don't trust them at all! (Except to do something to move our country deeper in the hole) That is why I keep on, keeping on. To try to counteract what the traitorous scumbags are doing. A step at a time - trudging along. 

Offline eronious

• Prepper
« Reply #551 on: August 14, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
Amen FlagTag! 

Ok, I put it under Emergency Preps.  I'll post a link to the workbook when I have a draft for you guys to mess with.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.0

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #552 on: August 14, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »
Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it. (I did post on the linked page.)

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #553 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50:29 PM »
You girls rock!  I'm glad you're out there doing what you do.  The TSP boys aren't all bad either.   ;)  I feel like I have a whole lot of brothers- and sisters-at-arms out there and that gives ME a lot of comfort, no matter what I feel looming on the horizon. :-*

That gives me comfort too.  There are a lot of people getting on the band wagon with us now and that's a good thing.

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #554 on: August 16, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
Actually, I'm more angry that frightened. Yes, I fear what "our' government is going to do next - I don't trust them at all! (Except to do something to move our country deeper in the hole) That is why I keep on, keeping on. To try to counteract what the traitorous scumbags are doing. A step at a time - trudging along.

Anger focused in the correct way can be a great motivator.  Righteous anger, not blind anger.

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #555 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:21 PM »
Anger focused in the correct way can be a great motivator.  Righteous anger, not blind anger.
Oh, it's righteous all right. As I stated before, I keep on keeping on. I won't be bullied, and I vote! I will work to do my part (as best I can) to keep my country on the right track. When I prepare, I do it to "tell" the corrupt/treasonous government that I can take care of myself and won't be their slave. Not blindly, but with a purpose.  ;)

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »
Oh, it's righteous all right. As I stated before, I keep on keeping on. I won't be bullied, and I vote! I will work to do my part (as best I can) to keep my country on the right track. When I prepare, I do it to "tell" the corrupt/treasonous government that I can take care of myself and won't be their slave. Not blindly, but with a purpose.  ;)
We need a whole country full of people like you.  :)

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #557 on: August 22, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »
My intuition meter is pegged.  Something will happen in 2012, around the election or January 2013.  Something. 

One of the reasons my intuition is pegged is that so many great prepping things have fallen into place.  I thought I was prepared in the past, but I realize how much better prepared I am now. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:03:54 AM by Heavy G »

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #558 on: August 22, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
In April-ish I was much more relaxed on it after feeling an urgency of something coming..

Now I suspect something will happen, but it is not like a 6th sense thing. I don't have a timetable on it this time, but I can see alot of things all coming together to be an issue, not just any one thing, but with something being the catalyst which causes the spark.

I wrote this to my boss who was asking my opinion and I think I posted it elsewhere on TSP:

I am concerned on many levels about many things locally, in the US and globally.

1. As productivity declined, the nation became more dependent on foreign products.
2. A breakdown in the labor force occurred as the traditional work ethic declined.
3. The infrastructure of the cities declined and began a steady decay.
4. A balance of trade deficit began to occur.
5. The cost of government, including the military and welfare, became burdensome.
6. Class economic warfare broke out between the rich and poor.
7. Parts of the empire were not taxed while others were overtaxed.
8. The small farm all but disappeared.

This is the same recipe over and over again. The above is not talking about the United States or any other current foreign country. It is talking about the fall of the Roman Empire, ancient Greece, French Revolution, the Taiping Rebellion in China in 1852–70, Weimar Germany in 1910, arguably The Great Depression of the 1930s, and there are about 12 others throughout history. In many ways historically clear back to the Roman and Greek days we are set in the perfect storm for financial collapse, riots, and/or famine. At least 12 times in history, no one seems to pay attention to history anymore… Why do people think it won’t it happen again? One would be foolish to think it won’t. And yes, the above list also pertains to the current state of the USA today.

Cedar

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #559 on: August 23, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »
I think a lot of our meters may be pegged because the trouble has already started and on an intuitive level we know it is happening. When we look back in a historical perspective it'll appear that everything happened pretty quickly, but while living through it there may not be a Bellwether Moment as such, a moment where everything went from one state to an entirely different paradigm in the blink of an eye.

So, do what you can to prepare for the worse, your intuition is telling you something important, but don't spend your life as if your existence will be dramatically and forever changed in one critical moment and therefore wait poised for that moment to happen.

Don't get me wrong, your life could be changed in a moment due to an unfortunate event perhaps in a car crash, but if you fear such things, you put on your seatbelt, make the decision to drive as safely as possible, be vigilant and otherwise put the fear of imminent doom out of your mind. The folks that can't mentally work such things out tend to wind up with stress disorders or they stop engaging in the things that they believe will spell their doom.

Fear is meant to be a momentary response to an imminent threat that can be utilized to save one's life. It's not meant to be a state that a being lives within.

That's just my two cents. I could be wrong.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #560 on: August 23, 2012, 03:26:13 PM »
Having intuition is not living in or with fear.  It is simply being able to read the "invisible" signs or signals that something is about to happen.  In ways that most people don't or can't.    This type of thing happen most often with people that have more active mirror neurons  if you will.    Watching the news or looking around at what is happening in the world today and then coming to a conclusion that something is going to happen is really not intuition as much as it is deductive reasoning.   

Having your hackles stand up or getting goose bumps or just having an uneasy feeling about something can easily be dismissed as being paranoid or fearful.  So many wont listen to that little voice inside.  I have found that that is a huge mistake.  If I ever had the feeling that someone should not fly somewhere I would tell them that they shouldn't.   If I have the feeling that someone should duck or do some thing to  get them out of harms way I would tell them.  There have been times when I get a very clear message out of the blue about a particular  person or place.  At times I was embarrassed or fearful that they may think I was crazy.  Now I don't care.  Because of the intuitive side of myself I have been able to send people to the hospital before they had a heart attack.  Because it hit as they were walking into the ER door their life was saved.  I have seen way to many times that when I did keep my mouth shut bad things happened that could have been avoided or at least minimized.  I didn't listen to that little voice in my head.  My hackles were way up.  My parents told me I was just being dumb.  I was jumped.  Now I don't let anybody tell me my hackles are dumb!

That's not to say that after warning them people would choose to listen.  No matter how much you tell them no matter how you put yourself on the line for ridicule.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  To bad so sad A man was murdered a man went to prison.  Children lost fathers grandfathers uncles.  It all could have been avoided?  Unless I guess you believe in fate and there fore  would have happened any way. 

How many just knew 911 was about to happen?  Some exactly.  Some was foggy.  Some just knew it was something big.  That would effect them but not directly involved.  Some saw visions of it but couldn't see where.  I often wonder If I had saw that clearly would I have called the FBI or someone?  In doing so my life as I know it would have been over.

What about the Japan earthquake.  Many I have talked to knew that was going to happen.  They could feel it coming.  Maybe didn't know what but they knew it.  I knew there was going to be an earthquake and big water with fire.  That's how the message came through.  I called everyone in my family and all my friends as a warning.  I didn't know where it would hit I just knew that it was big and it was here.  I also ended each conversation with but it doesn't  feel like you? or there?  But we will feel it on some level. 

My gift / curse is real and I know others here have the same gift /curse.  Some times things are not crystal clear.  Sometimes we just know it's just we don't always know what we know or why or even what.    That is the great thing about this thread is it is a free place to share those out of the ordinary vibes that come down the pike.  Free from being told we are living in fear free from being called paranoid.  Free to share feelings.  Who knows what kind of messages / vibes / warnings  may come if all who were intuitive posted when "that" feeling hits.  If you have several people sensing something on the same day I would advise to take notice. 

Wouldn't it be great to have our own little forecaster community.  Some with visions some that sense  dated or times some places or events.  If we all come together we make our gift / curse stronger.  We can bring more clarity.  I know for me when I can't help someone with this gift / curse then whats the point of having it?   

I think the most important thing for sensitives or  intuitives  is validation.  It's through several validations that the clarity comes.  It's no different than developing any other skill / gift.  In my last post I mentioned evacuation and train crossing type sounds bells.  I got my validation from that within just a few days.  I learned from it.  I grew from it. 

All the BOB's BOL's LTS guns and ammo no matter how organized I am will never make the intuitive vibes go away.  That is not where they are coming from.  It is not a fear based thing.  It can be a scary thing to have intuition It can also be very difficult to describe or verbalize exactly what "IT" is.   The only thing I can say is when you feel that feeling go into it for that split second and check how you feel happy mad sad glad scared big little.  Try to read it in a nano second. Not judge it keep your brain out of it.   don't put your knowledge into it or your experiences.  Example if you have a sense of black and red squares all lined up in a grid pattern.  Try not to say it is a chess or checker board or game board.  That is putting your knowledge judgement and brain to it.  It could be a buffalo plaid jacket or  blanket or something else.    When I keep things stated simple without judgement it can become more clear. 

I just wanted to post this so that those that are intuitive do not take the helpful posts about fear and being prepared as dismissive to the gift/ curse they have.  It is important that we are prepared for things.  One of the most useful things we can have is a clear mind.  To be able to adapt and act according to the situation.  Not out of a panicked state or fear.  But cool calm and collected assess improvise and adapt.  Often times your intuition can help with that too. 

Of course there is nothing wrong with having your preps organized.  Nice and neat.  Ok I am a bit OCD about this stuff. (my cans are alphabetized)  Have you ever looked at a stocked fire engine or first responder van.  A place for everything and every thing in its place.  What good is it to have if you can't find it when you need it? 

inbox485

« Reply #561 on: August 23, 2012, 07:08:27 PM »
The indicators are getting far harder to ignore. The fringes are drumming for war, and much of the middle is stocking the wood pile. The course is set to the point that calling the mid term future a mess is not just intuitive, but a pretty safe bet. I'm probing my intuition for what I need to be doing more than what is likely on a national / global scale. I have to admit, I'm confuzzled and conflicted.

Offline eph2

• Survivor
« Reply #562 on: August 24, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »
Alot of my intuition these days revolves around the people I interact with.  I'm picking up all sorts of clues and indicators as to the threat some might pose to our family if times get hard.  Comments they make that intimate distaste for people who have more than they do or willingness to take what they want or "law suit" language if they trip over a rock in my front yard.  I just file those impressions away in my head.  I'm sorry to say that many people that my family gets along well with today, won't hesitate to turn on us if the circumstances are right.  I need to soul search and make sure that my own heart and mind are prepared so that I don't lash out at others too, but be prepared to handle others aggression towards us short of a self-defense confrontation.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #563 on: August 24, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
@roundabouts... if you get any more vibes like before the tsunami or 911... let us know :D

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
Of course I will  :D  I consider TSP family and friends and will post as I would call my boys to let them know.   It just saddens me that I have not been able to warn the exact people that need warning.  That's why I call it a gift/curse.  I have been working with a mentor on and off.  My biggest challenge so far is to shut things off when not wanted.  Or when the answers are not going to come along with it.  Basically she has told me that I need to stop tuning in to every little thing.  I need to learn how to have control.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #565 on: September 04, 2012, 12:54:42 PM »
I think the whole issue of intuition is one that needs to be delved into.  Most of the time when people think of intuition they are actually just taking the information that they process on a subconscious level to come to a conclusion.  They pick up on cues that they see from others and coalesce them into a "feeling" that moves them to action.  By definition intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason. 

This means that when you are using your intuition you are actually just gathering data and coming to a conclusion, even though you don't realize how you gathered the data or came to the conclusion.

As I get older I realize some of the good and bad things that people can do or have happen to them.  I also become more aware, and this awareness leads to more efficient data gathering, both conscious and subconscious.  I can tell you that my "intuition" is becoming stronger, but I am in reality just better at processing this data.

This may or may not be different than the process that someone like Roundabouts uses.  She may just be extrememly observant or she may actually have a degree of true intuition that very few possess. 

Having your hackles raise can be either the true intuition, or just having been in a similar scenario that brings those feelings forward and this is an involuntary response based on data that you are gathering.  I don't know. 

I, personally, don't have anything that I would perceive as true intuition.  What I have developed over a lifetime of paying attention to myself and others is the ability to discern intent based on facial recognition and body language and to take a set of perceived circumstances and come to a reasonable conclusion with a probable outcome based on carefully weighted variables.

If you can tell a natural disaster is going to happen you are psychic.  This goes way beyond intuition and should be exploited to its fullest.

Offline Runa

• Prepper
« Reply #566 on: September 04, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
The quick answer, yes.

The longer answer: I do think that when there is something on the horizon, we can pick up on that. We can also pick up on others' distress, stress, anxiety, tension just as much as we can their joy, ease, calmness, or confidence. There are more than the five senses, and so much more operating than we realize. Over the last month, things have gone into a more urgent mode for me. We have shifted priorities to get ourselves more prepared...we have been reaching out to neighbors and talking to our children more about basic survival and what to do in different scenarios. So yes, things have been heightened. I don't think I have every been this concerned in a long long while.

I do have to agree in some sense with Shaunypoo as well. While I do believe in intuition, and picking up on the "unseens," I also believe in the ability to observe. Nature tells us a lot of things by its behavior. Likewise, people tell us a lot by their behavior too. Perhaps some are more skilled at picking up on patterns and data...

By observing what certain people or organizations are doing and saying can give up red flags and help us to make different choices. By observing what others are doing, and sensing what others are feeling, this could give rise to our own concerns, fears, etc. which inspire us to act. It's hard to say what we really are reacting/responding to. I would say I am responding to not only the heightened awareness that something is grossly wrong in the world in a big way and that something big will be falling away very soon that will impact me, but I'm also responding to the fears, anxieties, and stress this naturally evokes in everything around me. Walking through this "energy" can saturate a person...

Bottom line is we're feeling something. We are aware of something happening. And if our minds, intuitions (heart), and bodies are registering this something, then I'm thinking we should listen with all of our senses and faculties, so that we can discern what next steps should be, and take calm action to care/prepare for ourselves, our families, and our communities.

Offline Robinelli

• Survivalist Mentor
  • The purpose of life is a life of purpose
« Reply #567 on: September 04, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »
I think the whole issue of intuition is one that needs to be delved into.  Most of the time when people think of intuition they are actually just taking the information that they process on a subconscious level to come to a conclusion.  They pick up on cues that they see from others and coalesce them into a "feeling" that moves them to action.  By definition intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason. 

This means that when you are using your intuition you are actually just gathering data and coming to a conclusion, even though you don't realize how you gathered the data or came to the conclusion.

As I get older I realize some of the good and bad things that people can do or have happen to them.  I also become more aware, and this awareness leads to more efficient data gathering, both conscious and subconscious.  I can tell you that my "intuition" is becoming stronger, but I am in reality just better at processing this data.

This may or may not be different than the process that someone like Roundabouts uses.  She may just be extrememly observant or she may actually have a degree of true intuition that very few possess. 

Having your hackles raise can be either the true intuition, or just having been in a similar scenario that brings those feelings forward and this is an involuntary response based on data that you are gathering.  I don't know. 

I, personally, don't have anything that I would perceive as true intuition.  What I have developed over a lifetime of paying attention to myself and others is the ability to discern intent based on facial recognition and body language and to take a set of perceived circumstances and come to a reasonable conclusion with a probable outcome based on carefully weighted variables.

If you can tell a natural disaster is going to happen you are psychic.  This goes way beyond intuition and should be exploited to its fullest.

I tend to have dreams that come true. It has happened many times and has been so accurate there is no explanation. I truly believe there is a way we can connect and learn of things in advance because it has happened to me. However, I also have regular dreams that do NOT come true and so I can never know which ones will or which ones will not. I've also had dreams about things that have happened to my mom and brother that they have not told me about until I tell them the dream and then they are shocked. One dream involved something that had happened when my mom was a child.  I dreamed my grandmother told it to me in a dream. My mom cried when I told her because she had just been thinking of it the day before. However, even with all of this, I had no premonition at all of 9-11 or of any other large scale event that I can think of right now.

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #568 on: September 05, 2012, 07:45:16 AM »
I tend to have dreams that come true. It has happened many times and has been so accurate there is no explanation. I truly believe there is a way we can connect and learn of things in advance because it has happened to me. However, I also have regular dreams that do NOT come true and so I can never know which ones will or which ones will not. I've also had dreams about things that have happened to my mom and brother that they have not told me about until I tell them the dream and then they are shocked. One dream involved something that had happened when my mom was a child.  I dreamed my grandmother told it to me in a dream. My mom cried when I told her because she had just been thinking of it the day before. However, even with all of this, I had no premonition at all of 9-11 or of any other large scale event that I can think of right now.

Are the dreams that come true on any kind of scale or just to people you know and interact with on a regular basis?  I have seen things happen in real life and felt deja vu because I dreamed something similar, but don't see that as intuition in myself.

I personally don't know if I believe in psychics and the like, but am open to the idea.

I tend to be skeptical and look at it as you subconsciously saw all the signs over time and put them together in your dream.  If she was thinking about it the day before she could have been giving off a lot of tells.  Or you could be psychic.

Is intuition another level of sense or is it just an intense level of subconscious observation?

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #569 on: September 05, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »

Is intuition another level of sense or is it just an intense level of subconscious observation?

I would say it could be both.  Pre cognitive dream or prophetic dreams happen to a lot of people.  I have experienced several.  Some about people that I have not been around or even really knew.  Yet all things happened exactly as I had said with times dates words weather outfits.  Just the smallest detail.  I don't believe it is "magic" or really even "psychic".  I just don't think we have enough understanding and knowledge yet to figure IT out.  We don't know how it works so it is always questioned dismissed doubted and so on. 

I think it is how energy patterns are felt read and interpreted.  I think we all have it to some degree.  Then there are those that are aware of it and use it.  I look at it like we are so use to the energy that we don't ever really know it's there.  Like our own bioelectric magnetic field our bodies put out energy and we have currents running throughout our bodies.  Often times we don't notice it until it's not working correctly or there is a jolt of some kind.   We are all connected and energies are flying all over the place.  It's just how aware you are of them.  So yes that would be where the observation comes in.  But the question is what is it we are observing.   

I am very observant.  Odd things can just pop out at me.  Like a number I get 10 emails I see 10 birds flying in the sky there will be 10 crackers left in the pack the movie 10 will come on and so on.  What does that mean ??? nothing ?? something??? date ?? time?? Don't know.  I just try not to judge it sit back and wait and see. 

But as far as saying an earth quake or what ever is coming.  I can only guess that some how that is a interpretation of the earth energy (for lack of a better word)  Same with knowing when the phone will ring and who it will be.  Or walking into a room and knowing who is pregnant and what the sex is of the baby.  Same with knowing what is wrong ( illness injury and such) with a complete stranger without even seeing them or touching them.  It's just gotta be in the way I feel energy patterns.  Along with noticing with sight  sound smell.  All the senses really.   

My own interpretation of why I can't / don't ALWAYS know dates times places of coming evens clearly is out of self preservation.  I mean I would never ever know a moments peace if I was 100% spot on with all details for all events/ situations.  It would not be safe for me.  The times that I have been spot on in every detail were only times that I personally had the power to do something about it and it would be completely safe for me to say or do something.   I would be bombarded every second with people wanting to know something or I would be taken away or feared.   So that may be the underlying reason this is not developed highly in humans.  We have a long way to go.  So for now just having a feeling or dream or what ever it is we do will have to work.  And what ever it is that anybody gets or how they get it will just have to be good enough.  I can tell you that if I ever come to this thread and several people post something on the same day I will surly take notice  no matter what it is. 

It is said for dreamers that during the night why they sleep they do a time travel type thing.  Sounds way out there to me but who knows HOW it happens?  It still can be freaky to those who experience it.  Some day as we evolve we will understand (I hope) until then it's just comforting to know that what people experience is there and there are others that have the same things happen. 

To me this is just fascinating.   We have so much to learn and understand.  I hate that it so often gets dismissed as crazy evil simply because we have a tendency to fear the unknown.  Some day I think people will look back and say those people LOL didn't have a clue.  Like we know now the sun is not pulled across the sky with a chariot.  And no grandma thunder is not angles bowling.  ;) So I will share what I feel when I feel it how it comes in (if you will)  as I hope all will do.  I am grateful to all those that have put themselves on the line to share.

Ghosts or spirits?  Well I think they are a type of energy in time space that has been fossilized  in a way we don't understand yet.  A time fossil if you will.  I know off topic but it makes me wonder.  Hmmmm ::)