Author Topic: Prepping for widespread political violence associated with the election  (Read 17943 times)

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
Re: Prepping for widespread political violence associated with the election
« Reply #180 on: August 29, 2020, 06:46:57 AM »
I'm going to be me.  Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing, right now.  At the end of the day, I know who, and what I am.  I'm going to go where I need to go, not try and start anything, simply not engage anyone (mainly because I generally don't like ANYONE, let alone sports fans) and do what I must to protect myself, my friends and my family.

Well I kinda thought this was mainly *being* somewhat grey.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #181 on: August 29, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »
Well I kinda thought this was mainly *being* somewhat grey.
I agree.  Part of being grey involves disappearing into the crowd.  But another part is not being in areas where you should likely avoid.

Using the Redwings analogy, if I don't know the jargon and don't look the part, I should not be mingling with the crowd.  We all would defend ourselves and families.  However, in a riot where you have become the target of the violence of the crowd, you are VERY unlikely to be able to fend off the attack.

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »
Prof - you are not wrong - and I know there are downsides to that approach of the grey man.  Not saying it should be a way of life, but an option.  One of many...

I really wish you were wrong, but as my mother use to say...wish in one hand...

Sometimes you just can't wear a MAGA hat and not expect problems.   So who is going to get targeted first?  The person with the MAGA hat on and a US Flag on the back of their jacket or the person in simple bluejeans, a simple hoodie?

Part of what I am just using the lesson plans that was provided by my training classes when going on road trips (TDY) . .

And I am not saying that a nice shoulder rig would be verboten, or even a small black jack like my grandmother use to favor.   I am not saying she when out and bought one, nope....she made her own. The rest of the kids were sort of dismayed...I thought it was good planning.

Do I think it is wrong that people are being targeted for having a MAGA hat or one that can be mistaken for one?  Join a group like the Tea Party and get an IRS audit?  Well now, for some that is a real touchy subject and I rather not go into it.  You can be grey as long as it works, and grey on the outside don't mean grey on the inside.

I did just pick up some nice RMR style sites, looking at a Form 1 as a method to protect my hearing.  My sierra  and speer books did come in so I can have supplies for training with my new PSA upper.

Prof...if you were still in town, I would offer to pick up a liter of my favorite rum to see if you enjoyed it with a ice cold coke.  My choice would be fresh squeezed OJ...but I have always known my taste buds don't quite work right.  ;D

You pick the fights you must fight, you do what is right, and remember what Duty, Honor, Country mean to you. I was in the wrong service for this, but hooah.

An old saying, I did not know what it meant when I was young but have a somewhat better understanding today.....duty is heavier than a mountain, and death as light as a feather.

Oscar Mike, out.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »
An old saying, I did not know what it meant when I was young but have a somewhat better understanding today.....duty is heavier than a mountain, and death as light as a feather.

al'Lan Mandragoran?

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2020, 06:27:05 AM »

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2020, 08:31:53 PM »
Things just got very real. 

A LEO friend of mine just told me an antifa/BLM cell knocked off a gun store in Texas getting away with a few dozen firearms.  The owner managed to get one of them which is how they traced the connection. Current belief is that they were looking to gain untraceable arms in preparation of election related attacks.  A warning is going out to gun stores to prepare for more such robberies and to review mandatory mask policies.

Seems prudent at this time to begin ratcheting up your home defense options.  If you normally use a handgun, you might want to consider switching to a longarm and making sure it is lubed and ready to go.  Talk with your neighbors about securing your neighborhood should things go South.  Also, have a backup exit plan that doesn't rely on major roads.  And make sure your vehicle is well serviced and the gas tank is filled. 

If you are in a riot prone city, take precautions to protect against fire like having a multipurpose fire extinguinsher and running your sprinklers that day.  Remove any loose bricks, big stones, flower pots, etc that could be used as projectiles.

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2020, 11:45:25 PM »
A LEO friend of mine just told me an antifa/BLM cell knocked off a gun store in Texas getting away with a few dozen firearms.  The owner managed to get one of them which is how they traced the connection. Current belief is that they were looking to gain untraceable arms in preparation of election related attacks.  A warning is going out to gun stores to prepare for more such robberies and to review mandatory mask policies.

Found a news story corraborating the theft details:
https://youtu.be/JsXDBoOlVQA

This is an obvious wake up call that intentions are for more than just looting.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Veteran
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2020, 08:18:55 AM »
Seems prudent at this time to begin ratcheting up your home defense options.  If you normally use a handgun, you might want to consider switching to a longarm and making sure it is lubed and ready to go.  Talk with your neighbors about securing your neighborhood should things go South.  Also, have a backup exit plan that doesn't rely on major roads.  And make sure your vehicle is well serviced and the gas tank is filled.

If you are in a riot prone city, take precautions to protect against fire like having a multipurpose fire extinguinsher and running your sprinklers that day.  Remove any loose bricks, big stones, flower pots, etc that could be used as projectiles.

Thanks for the heads up. All good ideas

Offline Canadian Prepper

• Survivalist Mentor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2020, 06:38:09 PM »
Hi Fellows,

I am a bit late to this discussion but will offer two links for your consideration. The first is an account of a person who along with a small group got caught up in an Antifa protest. Very telling:

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/09/antifa-reality-check/

The second is a booklet from the organization Unconstrained Analytics. The first half consists of an analysis of the current unrest, but the second speaks more to the tactical and local level that's the subject of this thread. It does not go into detail about weapons and tactics for self-defence per se, but situates them nicely into an overall preparedness posture:

https://unconstrainedanalytics.org/insurrection-and-violence-a-citizens-guide/

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2020, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi Fellows,

I am a bit late to this discussion but will offer two links for your consideration. The first is an account of a person who along with a small group got caught up in an Antifa protest. Very telling:

The second is a booklet from the organization Unconstrained Analytics. The first half consists of an analysis of the current unrest, but the second speaks more to the tactical and local level that's the subject of this thread. It does not go into detail about weapons and tactics for self-defence per se, but situates them nicely into an overall preparedness posture:

Thanks for sharing... it is certainly a point of view that isn't expressed on MS media, isn't it? I downloaded the guide and will be reading it and sharing. Thanks!

Offline Mintbird

• Senior Survivalist
  • Prepping since 2012
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2020, 10:44:34 AM »
Hi Fellows,

Wow! Very scary. I've downloaded the guide.

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2020, 07:52:11 AM »
Things just got very real. 

A LEO friend of mine just told me an antifa/BLM cell knocked off a gun store in Texas getting away with a few dozen firearms. 

Has there been anything confirming the antifa/BLM connection?  The video had nothing in it about the robbers' affiliation.

The Professor

Online iam4liberty

• Survival Veteran
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2020, 03:45:13 PM »
Has there been anything confirming the antifa/BLM connection?  The video had nothing in it about the robbers' affiliation.

The Professor

Yes.  But it isnt publicly released as the Feds have now completely taken over the case and they arent releasing any information until the three at large are apprehended.

Meanwhile, the cell from the bay area riot has been charged.  Same exact tactics deployed.  This was the first one. They only caught them because one lowered his mask.  This is why they are pushing for gun stores to end mask requirements.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/4-charged-with-stealing-27-guns-on-day-of-california-protest/2338789/?amp
4 Charged With Stealing 27 Guns From Hayward Shop During Protests
The suspects robbed Richardson Tactical at the height of George Floyd protests in May

Four people have been charged with stealing at least 27 firearms from a Bay Area gun store on a night in May when thousands of people took to the streets to protest police brutality.

Dashawn Taylor, Anthony Craft Jr., Tyronza Hampton Jr. and a fourth person whose name is still sealed because they have not been arrested were indicted Monday for the theft May 31 at Richardson Tactical in Hayward, federal prosecutors said in a statement.
Authorities later identified him as a burglar who’d pulled his mask down in front of a surveillance camera,the East Bay Times reported.