Author Topic: Security Protocol in a Now Unsafe Area  (Read 2472 times)

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: Security Protocol in a Now Unsafe Area
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 05:07:33 PM »
At least you have *some* good neighbors, David.

The vast majority are good people. Like anywhere. And the cold deters crazy.

I honestly have no idea what is going on. I have a list of 18 license plates of people who *I think* don't live there. It's just crazy. And not like my neighbor to the North who does dog grooming (who we love). It's random hours and odd people in and out.

I hate to say it but I'm putting the wheels in motion to talk to the owner. The renters today showed up in 3 cars, swapped them, and got in a yelling match in one where they drove up and down the drive something like 14 ties. I get having an argument with the spouse (God knows we've done it) but the behavior pattern is bad.

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 03:17:25 PM »
And today I get jolted up from Lite Brite because of the sound of screeching tires. Now he's peeling out in a van going 60 on our dead end and she jumps in her Dodge and quite literally gives chase at about the same speed. Almost hit the mail lady.

We're now preventing the kid from walking in the road. I hate to admit it but I've been looking at the police phone number. We had a high speed chase on a dead end road that's 1/4 mile long.

I swear I wouldn't believe this stuff if someone told me. Why would you drive like that in a suburban cul-de-sac?

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »
I suspect the mail lady reported this one for you.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2018, 03:27:27 PM »
I suspect the mail lady reported this one for you.

and if not, have a chat with her tomorrow.... let her know that you reported it, and ask her to do the same so that it is coming from two separate persons, even if it is just one incident.  There will be two reports.

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
Ugh, sorry you are having to deal with this.  IMO, this is too far to be tolerated.  Wreckless driving needs to be reined in before some kid gets run over.  If not police, multiple neighbors need to notify the owners so they know if they don't do something they are exposed to negligence.

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »
I'm up to 33 license plates. And to make matters worse I think I just witnessed them being robbed. Not sure how to interpret strangers showing up and taking powertools other than that I'm glad my shop is closed.

And we're getting cameras. At a certain point you just have to. They're inviting a criminal element for sure.

Had a fun conversation with my retired black neighbor the other day. I think he said, "There ain't nothing in this world that compares to white trash". I replied with my favorite Kid Rock line "You're straight outta Compton? I'm straight out the trailer." We had a good laugh.

At least the neighbors are on to it. We've got a couple that work from home, a few retirees, and me. Oh, and you'd be surprised but families with small children (we have 5) like a placid environment. So in one sense the eye of Sauron is working.

Offline Stwood

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Wut wuz dat Olie?
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2019, 04:29:34 PM »
So did they haul out machinery or just hand related tools? Skilsaw....etc...

Offline David in MN

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 05:21:29 PM »
I saw shop heaters, a drill press, and a chop saw go into a car I don't recognize by guys I've never seen before. It could be a situation where he is gone and she's Craigslisting all his crap. I don't know and I don't want to get involved. But if the police show up I have the license plates...

It's a bad situation anyway I look at it. We live on a quiet dead end with one crazy house where the police show up every so often. Take that one step further. I'm on a boring dead end of a boring suburb commuter community. It should be the most boring place on planet earth. And that's what we want be it our white, black, Indian, or gay neighbors. I have lent my carseat so my neighbor could drive her grandson home. We're a tight community and I want the best for all of us.

One sad lesson of life is that bad people will escalate until it becomes unsustainable. You don't typically go to suburban MN for your whoop whoop wild times. I don't really care who you are if you tend to settle here because you want the boring life.

There's a real odd bias with us scandies... We don't give a shit if you're white, black, blue, gay, undefined, etc. as long as you don't cause trouble. The second there's trouble um....

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #38 on: Today at 08:47:22 PM »
Wow... such a bummer to have to worry about this. But... on the bright side, it does put you and your neighbors in a more watchful and less complacent mode. Hoping their crazy-town stuff doesn't spill over into violence in your neighborhood...

Offline iam4liberty

• Survival Demonstrator
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #39 on: Today at 09:08:32 PM »
Sad to say, that sounds like a drug or gambling debt came due not a theft.