Author Topic: Men don't wear bras  (Read 61872 times)

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
Re: Men don't wear bras
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2014, 01:09:47 AM »
And no.. they did not do large scale production on bras until the 1930's. They had corsets before that and bodices before that. I love my medieval garb as pretty much you wear your 'bra' on the outside and very comfy.

Whoever convinced women the corset should not be a staple of feminine fashion should be shot...   >:(

I dont like pants......  ;D

I can't stand women in pants... Nothing (to me) screams not-feminine than that... yuk!

I can whip up a Victorian corset no problem ...

Seriously!?!?!?  Do you do custom work?   :excited:

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
I might be interested in some custom work as well :)

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
Whoever convinced women the corset should not be a staple of feminine fashion should be shot...   >:(

Yeah, breathing is over-rated. Whatever happened to mis-shapen rib cages, and organ displacement being all the rage?    ::)

Sorry, while some fashions may be attractive to men the misogyny behind them and those who endorse the physical torture of women so men can get their eye-candy just makes me ill.

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »
Yeah, breathing is over-rated. Whatever happened to mis-shapen rib cages, and organ displacement being all the rage?    ::)

BAH!!  I may or may not know of a wife who wears one fairly often, and she breathes just fine!  As for mis-shapen ribs and displaced organs, they were never the "Rage."  Organ displacement can occur in what's known as, "tight-lacing," but will never be found in cases of typical run-of-the-mill wear.  Reshaping of the ribcage would require years of constant, extreme tight-lacing (which is generally a part of a much larger psychological drive than simply "looking good for men").  Again, not what 99% of wearers do, back then or now.

Sorry, while some fashions may be attractive to men the misogyny behind them and those who endorse the physical torture of women so men can get their eye-candy just makes me ill.

I guess I don't understand the evil in wanting to appear attractive to the opposite sex... We all have what we view as comfortable, and have our limits to how far we will breach that comfort for the sake of appearance and appeal for that special someone.  I've had similar discussions in the past, and found that the majority of those who oppose corsetry have never experienced it, and don't understand it.  They've only heard over and over how terrible and degrading it is from the radical feminists, and really have nothing else to base their opinions on.  Not saying this is you, just my experiences in the past.

Anyway, back to the bras!!

Offline RitaRose1945

• Survival Veteran
  • Asking the uncomfortable questions since 1964
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2014, 07:49:28 AM »
I guess I don't understand the evil in wanting to appear attractive to the opposite sex... We all have what we view as comfortable, and have our limits to how far we will breach that comfort for the sake of appearance and appeal for that special someone.

I agree, and for me that point is when it starts to limit my activities in any way.  So I always wear makeup (even when I was working a very dirty job and hardly anyone saw me) because it doesn't limit me in any way.  A bra actually makes things easier for me (even though I'm far from "buxom") and I will only wear things like Spanx or a girdle when absolutely necessary to wear the clothes for the occasion because they do limit me somewhat.

My #1 priority is "function", and when that goes down, I unfortunately have to ditch "form".  But I do see the value in both.

Offline carolm

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
For me, I stay out of them as long as possible.  If I can go a week or 2 and never wear one,I'm happy.  I have breast canver in my family, so I try to stay away from bras and aluminum deodorant as much as possible.  I make my own deo..  Its easy.  I did have a professional fitting once.  I barely fit into a c cup, there is a lot of room left over as I'm not very busty.  The lady fitting me said I should be in a D cup. I tried one on, giving her the benefit of the doubt.  My SIL and I were rolling laughing when I did, a whole roll of TP coulda fit in there with me.    Needless to say, from then on iI try them before I buy them and go with what's comfortable.  When I am comfy,  hubby says   I glow and we both like that:-). My advice?  Try on several different types/styles/sizes, and go with what works for you.  Some bras look better in certain clothes than others, don't be afraid to take that special dress with you  to try  on bras for the perfect look. Everyone is different and has different likes.  Dare to be you.

Offline Here Again

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2014, 05:58:02 PM »
Thank you!  It was because of this thread that I gave the Genie Bra a try.  I am currently going their radiation for breast cancer and I can wear this bra!!  My "regular" bras actually hurt at this point.  I am a "well endowed" woman, and usually like an under wire.  I love the idea of sports bras, but um....the "girls no fit!"  The modesty pad in the Genie bra is a God send......it's a big part of the reason this bra is working.  Comfy enough that I don't even feel like it's on!!!

Offline AvenueQ

• Dedicated Contributor
    • In Plain Sight
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2014, 07:03:16 PM »
Um, so I have to jump on the Victoria's Secret bandwagon. The prices and overall atmosphere of the store were always so...off-putting to me. But after going there I may just never bother with anywhere else again. The employees are incredibly helpful and not pushy at all. Yes, they're expensive, but I have a properly-fitting bra for the first time in, well, ever. They did feel a bit tight at first, but I think that was more just me being used to the looser sizes I had been wearing for so long. I have a hard time finding the right band size now as I went down a size and the only ones that most stores seem to carry in my size are directed at teens. While the prices on those are great, I'm not a fan of neon polka dots, nor the stupid "crossover" style that seems so popular lately (the little hook in the back drastically reduces the amount of strap adjustment, which sucks when you have narrow shoulders).

The irony here is, it was at the behest of the BF that I should get some different sized bras. He was the one that noticed my old bras looked off...though he probably spends more time looking at them than I do ;)

Offline Crazy Fox

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Every day, every way, getting better.
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2014, 10:47:17 AM »
The irony here is, it was at the behest of the BF that I should get some different sized bras. He was the one that noticed my old bras looked off...though he probably spends more time looking at them than I do ;)

;D

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »
I just don't know why I am here at the end of this thread...I just could not look away    :o
But I am sure that a double dust mask or 550 survival bra ,would be a great item...  :knitting:

If McGyver had one available ,his shows would only last 15 minutes and Gilligan would have made it off the
island 'cause the professor would have had material to patch the SS Minnow and  the whole
world as we know it would be different...the possibilities just won't stop.....

This thread deserves a video...OH ,I have one...

OK ,look it up,YOU TUBE,  Rodney Carrington "Show Them to Me"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:30:51 PM by Carl »

Offline Caomac

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2017, 11:02:46 PM »
Ok... So I admit I'm a male, but I have to say two things. First is I'm fast now. Like I've gained 60 or so lbs since our youngest was born. Breasts are best appreciated; whatever their size.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2017, 04:34:02 AM »
  Karma for being male when you could change that in this day and age.

And I saw it on SEINFELD...Men wear BRO'S,not Bras.