Author Topic: Men don't wear bras  (Read 62497 times)

Offline Sarey

• Survivor
Re: Men don't wear bras
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »
I'll be looking for those bra's with pockets, seems like a handy thing to have.

inbox485

« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »
I'm pretty anti-bra when it comes to my wife. She just looks 10x better without one. But as bras go, I will second the VS recommendation. It the the only bra line that seems to fit a lot of people right, and the only place that will actually work with you to find the right one. But really, before you ask which bra, be sure to ask if a bra at all. Just sayin...

Offline Mr. Red Beard (UKtheBUNNY)

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Probably doing it wrong
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »
Thanks Roundabouts. Haha "on a good day" my wife is also about 5' and uses the same verbiage when giving her height. I think I'm going to have her try out the Genie tomorrow. She's about a 36dd so with that in mind how do the sizes run?

Sorry to hear about the fibro and shingles, sounds rough. But you sound like a tough chic. The comments about starting the lawn mower had my wife and I cracking up.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2012, 09:47:18 PM »
Thanks Roundabouts. Haha "on a good day" my wife is also about 5' and uses the same verbiage when giving her height. I think I'm going to have her try out the Genie tomorrow. She's about a 36dd so with that in mind how do the sizes run?

Sorry to hear about the fibro and shingles, sounds rough. But you sound like a tough chic. The comments about starting the lawn mower had my wife and I cracking up.

With the Genie you just get your top size sm med lg and so on.  You get 3 one white nude and black  then for additional processing or shipping you get another 3.  So it worked out about $10 each.  I have put them through their paces.  Washed them with jeans towels  hot water hot dryer.  I have stomped them stretced them and they still go back to original shape.  Kind of like the old Timex comercials  ;)  I even had cockleburs down my shirt ( yeah don't ask)  I was afraid they would snag but didn't. 

JC penny's sells one that is similar in style for about $20?  I tried that first to see if I would like the style.  They didn't hold up to my tests and are already worn out. 

Yeah the pull cords on equipment can be a real killer.  I call them rip cords for a reason :o

PS there is another brand on the Tv also Can't remember what it's called. Seems like the same thing. 

Offline summer98

• Survivalist Mentor
  • This is a Floyd dog.
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 05:22:31 AM »
SW: Thanks! I'll go check them out the next time I get to go bra shopping. That means I have to go to the mall, though. Ugh...

I'll look into the custom bras as well, but I just don't see how they would support me without the underwire.

I really wish more men would realize how hard it is to carry around these big boulders some of us have. A while back, a (male) doctor told me I need to lose 10 pounds to be at my idea weight. I looked down at my chest, looked up at him, and said "Can I start by losing some of this?" The poor man blushed.

If you are going to have a bra fitting done, be sure it is done right. The first time I had one done, this young woman did it and she had no idea what she was doing. She took one measurement (they're supposed to take two or three) at the wrong place (I didn't know that then) and told me I was a 30. I wasn't a 30 in high school! She then proceeded to keep going up in cup size until she found one with enough wiggle room to force it to close. Not only could I not breathe, but the girls were falling out the front! She then told me I was a 30 GG.

Needless to say, I didn't go back there, much less buy any of their bras. And no; I'm not a 30 GG. I'm a 34 DD -BIG difference.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
Maybe that were the saying   

Over the shoulder boulder holder came from. 
Ugh the mall treat your self to something nice after visiting that place you have sympathies. Good Luck

I am guessing that girl did not have boulders that was trying to fit you?

You know I can never understand why women go in to make them bigger and bigger.  I have been told the fake ones don't weight as much. Still I would think that  they get in the way.   oh well some things are not to be understood to each her own. 

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
You know I can never understand why women go in to make them bigger and bigger.  I have been told the fake ones don't weight as much. Still I would think that  they get in the way.   oh well some things are not to be understood to each her own.

I wonder that as well.  Golly, seems like every other billboard in Salt Lake is for enhancements or similar adjustments.  I have thought that if I don't go down to a nice size after I am done with infants, I might go get a reduction done.

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »
My SIL went way bigger couldn't under stand that.  I had a cousin that went a tad bigger which I could understand a little kinda sorta.    She had nothing up top and it was really hard to get shirts to fit or swimming suits.  The scaring was crazy.  It looked so painful.  Had another cousin that went down 1/2 the size she was.  She looked great.  I didn't even really notice she just looked like she lost weight.  I asked her and wow you lost a lot of weight how did you do that so fast.  She pointed at her chest fastest 50# I have ever lost!  We cracked up.  Now she has no more back aches no more headaches she sleeps better at night.  she can buy clothes easier.   The best thing insurance paid for the whole thing. 

I often wonder about getting a reduction.  Well I wonder about it every time we (both girls and I)  am laying on my side and the dog jumps up to lay by me.  OUCH GET  OFF MY BOOB!!  :o   
Dang I need to tie them up when I go to bed good thing I didn't throw out my old scrunchies.   ;)

Offline Mr. Red Beard (UKtheBUNNY)

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Probably doing it wrong
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
So Roundabouts I bought my wife the Genie yesterday. We went to Walmart so she could try it on first and make sure sizing wouldn't be an issue. So far she loves the bra. She says it is really comfortable. Thanks a lot.

Offline Morning Sunshine

• Geese Smuggling Moonbat
  • Survival Veteran
  • There are no mistakes, just Learning Experiences
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »
heard about this today and wanted to share, since we were just talking about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2108293/The-Jordan-effect-Third-young-women-swap-IQ-larger-breasts.html

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2012, 01:22:01 PM »
So Roundabouts I bought my wife the Genie yesterday. We went to Walmart so she could try it on first and make sure sizing wouldn't be an issue. So far she loves the bra. She says it is really comfortable. Thanks a lot.

Oh so very glad to hear that!  I hope the comfort lasts and lasts. ;D

:egyptian: says whoopie I got new boobies!

Oh my gosh that is what my grandma use to do when she got a new bra.  Dance and sing.  Us kids thought she was so weird.  Guess it rubbed off!

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »
heard about this today and wanted to share, since we were just talking about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2108293/The-Jordan-effect-Third-young-women-swap-IQ-larger-breasts.html

Oh my that is so so very sad.  I see this in my nieces.  They can't boil water but sure know all the beauty tips.    I have heard fathers tell their daughters "oh honey go put on make up you don't look good without it."   :pissed: :crazy:  That speaks for it's self can't say any more than that.

I know first hand that having good looks and big boobs can be a pain in the butt on the job.  When I was younger looking for work oh the interviews. Finally I broke down and asked a guy why he wouldn't hire me.  I wanted the truth and wouldn't hold any thing against him.  His answer my looks I would be distracting to male coworkers and cause problems with female co workers.  Plus I looked way to young.   

Years passed and put up with BS on different jobs.  Then got a dream job.  Well the crap started again.  I was disrespected laughed at talked about then treated like I didn't know squat.  Finally I realized they had hired me for a scape goat.  Someone they could fire without loosing someone on their perfect team.  All the while showing budget cuts to the board.  What a crock.  Well my supervisor opened his mouth one time to often.  So I told him lets take it out side time to put up or shut up.  By the time I got done raking him over the coals his mouth was down to his knees and he felt like an complete ass.  Come to find out they all thought I was just some dumb kid of 18-20 with no real experience.  After all they were college grads.  No I was 35 and had 15 yrs experience.  It was a whole new ball game after that.  Ended up with regular promotions.  When the big boss transferred states he offered me a job if I wanted to follow.

For some reason many people think if you look good or look young you must be stupid.  I hate being treated that way.  Why any one would opt for bigger boobs or something to just get a man is crazy.  Why would you want a man that was looking for a mother to nurse any way?

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
And don't you just "love it" when men talk to your chest?  >:(

(Duh! Hey, fella, my "girls" can't speak. Or even hear what you are saying!)

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »
I know I know.  Hey the eyes are up here.  Not like we go around talking to their crotches of course they would like that  ;)   hey baby speak into my microphone

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »
I know I know.  Hey the eyes are up here.  Not like we go around talking to their crotches of course they would like that  ;)   hey baby speak into my microphone

:clap:

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2012, 06:18:56 PM »

Can't find a larger image or a video clip, but some of you might remember this SNL skit in which women of the future, after centuries of having men talk to their breasts, had finally evolved eyes there.

That would complicate bra design.

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »

Can't find a larger image or a video clip, but some of you might remember this SNL skit in which women of the future, after centuries of having men talk to their breasts, had finally evolved eyes there.

That would complicate bra design.
Problem with that is as you age, your field of vision gets lower and lower!

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »
Tell me about it!  I would be able to see my knees by now.  ::)

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »
but hey on the bright side you would never step in a pile of poo again and it would be so easy to see when your shoe laces were untied and how easy would it be to see to shave your legs (if you do that sorta thing.)

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
 :excited:

Offline cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
hard to brush your hair though!  ;D

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
True but who is look at your head? :D

Offline Mr. Bill

• Like a hot cocoa mojito
  • Administrator
  • Forum Veteran
  • Trained Attack Sheepdog/Troll hunter
    • Website Maintenance and Online Presence Management by Mr. Bill
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »
I'm glad I was able to help keep this thread on-topic.

My work here is done. 8)

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2012, 12:10:39 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »
This thread beats the marriage advice one any day.

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 09:15:02 PM »
Thanks for your help there BD.

That quote may not be verbatim, but...

Offline bartsdad

• Scrooge McDuck
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.
    • SPAMMY Link
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
I just clicked the quote button.

Seems like a software glitch to me. ;)

Offline AussieNana

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:37 PM »
One of the issues that has occurred over the years has been the increase in bust size as a result of our environment and what we eat. Back in the 1940s the average bust was a 34B, now it is more like a 36DD. Our breasts have been getting larger and many men have developed man boobs.

Perhaps our question to ask is: how can we reduce our oestrogen intake that causes the increased breasts in the first place? I'm sure there is lots online. Its time to stop pretending its due to genes and recognise that what we eat and ingest makes a difference and to stop eating oestrogenic foods and breathing stuff which contributes to our oestrogen production.

Offline flagtag

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
You are right. We need to get away from the chemicals in processed foods. We need to get back to growing our own food - without pesticides/chemicals. That includes finding meats/milk that haven't been "contaminated" by drugs/chemicals.

Get back to the earth!