Author Topic: Anybody see jack on GBTV?  (Read 9796 times)

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
Anybody see jack on GBTV?
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
I thought it was a very good and positive interview.

Offline Outdoorfury

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Si vis pacem para bellum
Re: Anybody see jack on GBTV?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »
I did and i think it was great! he deserved it. I send them an e-mail about jack like a year and half ago saying that they needed to talk to him. Bout dang time.

Offline chad

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
It looks like jack might be on again 3/14.. I think.. But this time with beck.. It'll help because as we know jack and his ability and knowledge has helped us all with the family "feel" of this forum.. 

Offline Alan Georges

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Still trying to reason with hurricane season.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
Link at youtube:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urL6UWeqfv0

Pretty good job, hope the next one is soon.

Offline Windage and Elevation

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
Thanks for the link, Alan! You're right, Jack did the standard 'bang up' job. I am SO proud of how he represents our community. Makes me feel 'way fine' about being a prepper. I would remind, however, Op Sec - still a valid concern. Hard to find the balance, isn't it?  Convincing friends to be conscious of a need, without putting out a 'welcome mat' for the grasshoppers... I will share this link with close friends as a kind of 'suggestion'..... Thanks, Jack!

Bill

Offline TexasGirl

• Survival Demonstrator
  • Simple country farm girl. Prepper? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
Great job, Jack!

~TG

Offline The Sage of Monticello

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 11:48:36 PM »
I support Jack 100%, but I do not support or trust Glen Beck.

Offline RockRacer

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Survivalist Noob
    • The Internet Movie Radio Database
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:42 AM »
I too saw Jack on friday evening's show. I fully support both Jack and Glenn Beck.

Offline nwbarter

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
Saw him again tonight on GBTV, nice job!  He's getting to be a regular.

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • I'm back! I miss you too.
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »
I support Jack 100%, but I do not support or trust Glen Beck.

may i ask why? just curious :) if not it's all good brother

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 01:41:46 AM »
Louisiana,

I was an avid listener of Beck for years and even recently this year. I attended Glenn Beck's American Revival in Salt Lake years ago.  Personally, I find Beck's humor on the radio with his partners to be distasteful in the way he mocks Christ.

Beck has written a book about George Washington but ignores George Washington's Farewell Address warning of no entangling alliances. And yet Beck's GBTV sounds more like an arm of AIPAC and a stance that does not support Israel's fundamental right to it's own sovereignty.

I found it disgusting that Beck called the Tea Party racist for backing Gingrich.

Beck states there is no middle ground when it comes to abiding by the U.S. Constitution and yet Beck supports Rick Santorum (the antithesis of a defender of the Constitution) on his radio show like an eternal running political ad.

Santorum is a Federalist that does not respect the Tenth Amendment, called State's rights out of control. and  opposes nullification, supports the NDAA and the un-Patriot Act.

So does Beck "mean what he says and says what he means" when he plugs Santorum despite Rick's blatant disregard of the Constitution?

The final straw for me on Beck was when he went completely soft and reaffirmed his support for Santorum moments after Rick's Arlen Specter confession on Beck's radio show.

Beck has mocked Arlen Specter for years, and yet supports Santorum despite helping Specter get re-elected against a conservative?

Beck called Ron Paul the closest to a founding father yet labeled his George Washington Constitutionally sound foreign policy, dangerous?

I just don't know which Glen Beck to trust. The one on CNN, Fox, his radio show, or the GBTV version? Do I trust the Beck that created the 9-12 movement, or the Beck that calls the Tea Party racist?

That's my take and I understand if you disagree, but I just can't trust Beck anymore.

Offline NWBowhunter

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Got Elk!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 05:59:51 AM »
Clip of Jack is on the Blaze.com

Just watched yesterdays show. Very good points Jack made.

Offline swohio

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:02 AM »
Loved Jack on GBTV and a great moment featured up on the Blaze.  Jack is the one to really give preppers that grounding and balance; not the over done tin foil hat stuff.  Awesome job, Jack!

Offline Frugal Upstate

• Dedicated Contributor
  • aka Jenn Fowler and Jenn @ Frugal Upstate ;)
    • Frugal Upstate
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:22 AM »
A 14 minute video of the show from March 14th is about halfway down this article on the Glenn Beck site:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/its-not-about-stuff-its-about-a-mindset-beck-and-panel-discuss-emergency-preparedness/

Offline Greywolf27

• Chief Kitty Petter
  • Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 08:33:12 AM »
I was listening to GB this morning on my drive in to work (I normal ride my bike, so it was a bit of a treat)

He started speaking as is he had just had a conversation with Jack... talking about preparing... working the "preppers" tag into his ad for a sponsor who does LTS food.  Hinting towards Jack's "6 Tennents of Survival"

Then he mentioned that he had been talking about it yesterday on GBTV... I assume it was the interview with Jack, though Glenn didn't mention any specifics.

Pretty cool, and it just goes to show... Jack is right!

Offline NorIDhunter

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
I was an avid listener of Beck for years and even recently this year.

Beck has written a book about George Washington but ignores George Washington's Farewell Address warning of no entangling alliances. And yet Beck's GBTV sounds more like an arm of AIPAC and a stance that does not support Israel's fundamental right to it's own sovereignty.

Beck states there is no middle ground when it comes to abiding by the U.S. Constitution and yet Beck supports Rick Santorum (the antithesis of a defender of the Constitution) on his radio show like an eternal running political ad.

Beck called Ron Paul the closest to a founding father yet labeled his George Washington Constitutionally sound foreign policy, dangerous?

I just don't know which Glen Beck to trust. The one on CNN, Fox, his radio show, or the GBTV version? 
I'm confused by the picture you paint of GBTV. I don't get it because I don't have the required sufficient 'net speed for streaming video. But it would go against everything Glenn has said, stood for & supported over the last few years. I do listen to the radio show fairly regularly and there it is anything but "anti-Israel-sovereignty" in respect to having to make its own choices.

As to which Glenn to trust, if any, imo, it's how everything boils down to Scripture.
If "Doomsday Preppers" were to ask Glenn "What are you preparing for?", his answer would likely be "I'm preparing to be on the right side of God when Israel IS attacked."
From "The Blaze" article: "Glenn said that everyone should start learning to prepare by obtaining a history book. Once read, he assured that a familiar set of patterns and solutions will be revealed, as it always has from time immemorial.
“You can take the Bible and take out the names, replace it with current names and you will see the patterns… including those of yourself.”

From what I hear, how one stands/an issue falls on Israel is Beck's bottom line; it (The Word of God, in particular the Book of Revelation) trumps the Constitution, the Farewell Address, etc. If GW himself were to come back today and give the same speech in light of the state of the Middle East, I think Glenn would say something to the effect of "I'm sorry sir, but I believe you're incorrect. I have and continue to respect you immensely, but on THIS issue, I believe you're on the wrong side. Call back any/all alliances but this one. We HAVE to support Israel." 

That, I think, is the Beck you can trust.

Offline ag2

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Been fishin' lately?
    • My Startup Challenge
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »
I would like to hear Jack discuss his experience being on the show.

hobbs67

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
Louisiana,

I was an avid listener of Beck for years and even recently this year. I attended Glenn Beck's American Revival in Salt Lake years ago.  Personally, I find Beck's humor on the radio with his partners to be distasteful in the way he mocks Christ.

I found it disgusting that Beck called the Tea Party racist for backing Gingrich.

Santorum is a Federalist that does not respect the Tenth Amendment, called State's rights out of control. and  opposes nullification, supports the NDAA and the un-Patriot Act.

So does Beck "mean what he says and says what he means" when he plugs Santorum despite Rick's blatant disregard of the Constitution?

The final straw for me on Beck was when he went completely soft and reaffirmed his support for Santorum moments after Rick's Arlen Specter confession on Beck's radio show.

Beck has mocked Arlen Specter for years, and yet supports Santorum despite helping Specter get re-elected against a conservative?

I just don't know which Glen Beck to trust. The one on CNN, Fox, his radio show, or the GBTV version? Do I trust the Beck that created the 9-12 movement, or the Beck that calls the Tea Party racist?

That's my take and I understand if you disagree, but I just can't trust Beck anymore.

First, I thought Jack was great.  He was by far the best of the panel.  Looking spiffy too.

As for Beck -- He is very clear on many things, but on some he is obviously and sadly confused.

Regarding Christ -- I think Glenn wants to be a man of faith, but its clear at times that he just doesn't get it.  I have not heard him mock Christ, but things like blah, blah, blah when he forgets the full Ephesian's Armor of God verses (ironically and tellingly he admitted that he did not know what the Belt of Truth meant)  or telling people to stop praying and start doing --we're starting the Third Great Awakening ...psst Glenn, only God does that no matter how many times you say it.

On Ron Paul -- Sage, from what I have heard I think he has been clear in his position, though you may not agree with it.  I understand your point about the foreign entaglements and its a good one, but he argues that RP has it right on financial issue but is naive on foreign issues.  I frankly agree with him on that.

I thought he was tongue in cheek regarding Gingrich and the Tea Party in an attempt to get the Tea Party to wake up and see who Gingrich actually is instead of who he claimed to be, but I am going by recollection of that show.

As for Israel -- I didn't understand the sovereignty part of your point.  He is very pro-Israel, but again I have a hard time disagreeing with tha position.

As to which Glenn to trust, if any, imo, it's how everything boils down to Scripture.

Don't know what you mean there Nor?

Offline Ken325

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Winter is Coming"
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
I subscribe to GBTV and I enjoyed the interview.  I thought that they had too many guest and too many topics.  Jack was great when given a chance to talk.  The show would have been great with just the HAM and Jack.  The Independence USA guy is not really knowledgeable and it showed.  I hope they cancel that show or get someone better.  The food storage guy was a sponsor who got some time to promote his product. 

Glen looked a little bit confused.  It looked like he was jumping around from topic to topic.  He is usually smother than that and manages the show well.  It will be interesting to hear Jack talk about the show.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:44:50 PM by Ken325 »

nkawtg

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
Yep, and he did a good job too.

Offline Louisiana Suvivor

• Can't Spell His Own Name
  • Dedicated Contributor
  • I'm back! I miss you too.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
Louisiana,

oh i never said i agree with him. we may both be LDS but that doesn't mean that we're super awesome best friends. i don't care for how he says things. i don't listen to his show and find him a bit sachreligious and patronizing. i have no ill will toward him. i love him. just don't like him. if y'all can understand that.

Jack, You The Man! you're the perfect dude for representing our community. keep it up brother!

Offline monkeyboyf

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 11:14:11 PM »
300,000 people watch GBTV and our very own Jack got to introduce them to our amazing way of dealing with survival in a rational way.  He made us very proud with his appearences.  He blew them all away with his presentation. Bravo, Jack!

Offline phuttan

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Evil CO2 Exhaler
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »
Thanks for the links. I like the videos. Jack is a great spokesman for the prepper crowd. He put's a common sense, average guy feel on it. Much than what most news report put out.

Pat

Offline LJH

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 12:35:17 PM »
Yes, thanks so much for that linkage.

I don't subscribe because while I believe he's genuine and usually like what he's saying, I find GB's over-the-top-emotional delivery a tad tedious. Much prefer to read what he's saying.

Offline radiomacgyver

• Senior Survivalist
  • Zello handle: radiomacgyver
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
 Jack is a great spokesman for the prepper crowd. He put's a common sense, average guy feel on it. Much than what most news report put out.
Pat

I agree totally!!!!!!!! Well said.

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »
I saw both (the Skype and live interviews) and was so proud of Jack!  He represented us so well.  He came across as even more rational than Frank Belcastro (who was more rational in the interview than on his TV show, IMHO).

Offline antsyaunt

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
I'm confused by the picture you paint of GBTV. I don't get it because I don't have the required sufficient 'net speed for streaming video. But it would go against everything Glenn has said, stood for & supported over the last few years. I do listen to the radio show fairly regularly and there it is anything but "anti-Israel-sovereignty" in respect to having to make its own choices.

If "Doomsday Preppers" were to ask Glenn "What are you preparing for?", his answer would likely be "I'm preparing to be on the right side of God when Israel IS attacked."
From "The Blaze" article: "Glenn said that everyone should start learning to prepare by obtaining a history book. Once read, he assured that a familiar set of patterns and solutions will be revealed, as it always has from time immemorial.
“You can take the Bible and take out the names, replace it with current names and you will see the patterns… including those of yourself.”

From what I hear, how one stands/an issue falls on Israel is Beck's bottom line; it (The Word of God, in particular the Book of Revelation) trumps the Constitution, the Farewell Address, etc. If GW himself were to come back today and give the same speech in light of the state of the Middle East, I think Glenn would say something to the effect of "I'm sorry sir, but I believe you're incorrect. I have and continue to respect you immensely, but on THIS issue, I believe you're on the wrong side. Call back any/all alliances but this one. We HAVE to support Israel." 

That, I think, is the Beck you can trust.
Very well said.  I agree.

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Lover of Liberty
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »

If I had a choice between listening to George Washington or listening to Glen Beck I would not hesitate for a moment to trust George Washington over Beck.

I stand for one flag and that is the American flag and no others. I support Israel having her own sovereignty and acting on its own defense with their estimated 400 nuclear weapons if they feel it is necessary. By forcing Israel to hold back and forcing them not to act in their self-interest is not supporting Israel in my opinion, it is an entanglement that only hinders its own national security against its enemies. We hurt Israel when we control them and rob them of their independence.

I am a Christian and believe Christ is the son of God; the majority of the people of Israel are of Jewish faith and they do not recognize Jesus Christ was the son of God. So I find conflict with many of my fellow Christians having a oath to fight every battle and financially support Israel until the end of time.

Israel became a sovereign nation in 1948 free from British rule by the act of United Nations intervention. I do not believe the bible references to the people of Israel refer to a modern day oath for all Christians to purse endless wars in the Middle East on behalf of Israel.

Whether we like it or not, George Washington's farewell address warns future Americans to avoid entangling alliances. We cannot celebrate Washington for his greatness and sweep his most thought provoking and important writing under the rug because it doesn't coincide with AIPAC's mission statement, "to lobby the Congress of the United States on issues and legislation related to Israel."

I watched GBTV for a month in 2011 in October, and nearly every show seemed to lobby for attacking Iran on behalf of Israel like a sworn oath repeated consistently, "We must support Israel."

I don't expect to change anyone's mind, but hopefully there is further understanding for those willing to Stand for Israel/control her every action, and why some Americans like myself pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, ONE nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Offline Ken325

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Winter is Coming"
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 01:44:43 PM »
I do not believe the bible references to the people of Israel refer to a modern day oath for all Christians to purse endless wars in the Middle East on behalf of Israel.

I don't think that we need to fight Israel's wars, but we don't want to be Israel's enemy.  The bible it says that God will bless Israel’s friends and curse its enemies.  We need to make sure that we stay in the friend column.  We should not force Israel into a land for peace deal and we should support them in the UN.  We are not obligated to pay for their defense or send troops.