Author Topic: Best Preparedness Books  (Read 1853 times)

nelson96

Best Preparedness Books
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »
I would like to start a thread that offers folks to see what you all have found helpfull in your own preparing.  I know that we are going to see a lot of duplicates here but that's good, it will mean that someone who doesn't have it should check it out.

These can be general preparedness books or books on specific subjects such as canning, reloading, gardening, building a cabin with hand tools, field medical guides, tactical strategies, veterinary guides, etc, etc.

Please also include books that influenced you to prepare, I personally think that is just as important, if you have a significant other you feel a need to give a little nudge to.

PLEASE ONLY INCLUDE BOOKS THAT CAN BE PURCHASED TODAY BY OTHERS, It's kind of pointless to make a recommendation if it's no longer in print or you're not sure of the exact title or author . . . .  Please include name of author.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:02:32 AM by nelson96 »

nelson96

Re: Best Preparedness Books
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »
I have to admit, I use the internet most of all.  I go to specific sites to find specific information (I like Bing search engine best for this) and I search forums a ton, to view questions I am interested in, or to ask my own questions.

But I do like my reference BOOKS.  I admit that I don't always read them front to back, but use them for "reference".  Admittedly I need a lot more, which is a big reason I started this thread.

Mine Include:
Making the Best of Basics Family Preparedness Handbook by James Talmace Stevens
The Encyclopedia of Country Living 10th Edition by Carla Emery
The Doom and Bloom Survival Medicine Handbook by Joseph Alton, M.D. and Amy Alton, A.R.N.P.
Boston's Gun Bible by Boston T. Party
Speer Reloading Manual #14

Influence Book:
PATRIOTS by James Wesley Rawles . . .  It's a good guide as well

Online cheryl1

• Survival Demonstrator
    • Russell Honey
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:54:46 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Whole-Beast-Butchery-Complete-Visual/dp/1452100594

Just got this one in the mail. Complete visual guide with the how and why of meat cuts.

nelson96

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
My wife would like to know if anybody can recommend a cook book that is catered toward cooking from your food cache.  Preferably one that uses the common LTS food found in a preppers pantry.