Author Topic: Kroger: Simple Truth  (Read 33160 times)

Offline Adam B.

• Dedicated Contributor
    • The Uncomfortable Truth
Re: Kroger: Simple Truth
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
Wow, that is almost as crazy as splicing goat and spider genes into the corn and beans!!!

It is like the chicken version of Soylent Green!

nelson96

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »
I don't have any documentation to back this statement up right now, but being a member of a local livestock association we get a lot of information about our industry (we do a lot of field trips too).  I've been told the not all livestock have the same rules in terms of what is legal to feed them in the U.S., chickens and hogs being as an example.  And other countries have a lot less restrictions than we do.

Example 1:
Some food producers feed used bedding as a filler and protein supplement (using the protein found in urea).

Example 2:
Many (most) of the fast food joints in the U.S. purchase their meat from other countries.  McDonalds purchases 100% of their meat from other countries.  As an average only 1% of meat purchased from other countries gets inspected before it enters the U.S. 

Scary huh?

Offline Adam B.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 12:24:04 PM »

nelson96

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp

2009 report hmmm . . . .  Snopes is always accurate and and doesn't leen toward liberal views hmmmm.

Offline hanzel

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Prepper Living
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »
2009 report hmmm . . . .  Snopes is always accurate and and doesn't leen toward liberal views hmmmm.

Like when they changed Obamas Birth Hospital from Queens Medical to Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children because the short form and the long form did not match :)  naaa  no left liberal leaning there  ;D

Offline Adam B.

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
I would find it hard to believe that McDonalds doesn't buy SOME their cow hooves, tongues, tails, and eyeballs to be ground up for their Big Macs from inside of the country! Billions and Billions of cows are hard enough to acquire as it is LMFAO.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
Billions and Billions of cows are hard enough to acquire as it is LMFAO.

Not this year methinks. With the drought, 1 county dumped 17,000 cows into the food chain in one day here. 2,300 counties are having to dump alot of livestock too before fall.

Cedar

nelson96

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »
Not this year methinks. With the drought, 1 county dumped 17,000 cows into the food chain in one day here. 2,300 counties are having to dump alot of livestock too before fall.

I have no problem selling locker beef when prices go up in the stores.

I don't remember the last time cattle were selling as high as they've been for the last 12 months or more.  The prices were bound to go down for some reason or another.  It was nice having prices so high though, we don't have to feed the steers out when we can sell them at weining time for $800, or an open heifer for $1,200.

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Forum Veteran
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:35 PM »
Well, it is true the Texas Cattlle Feeders Association denies being the origin of the e-mail.

http://www.tcfa.org/

Offline Sweethearts Mom

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
Simple Truth milk tastes amazing though; just saying

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
Give me a cow eating chicken any day...or even a chicken eating cow ...either way that is concentrated protein.

Offline AvenueQ

• Dedicated Contributor
    • In Plain Sight
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
I like Simple Truth stuff. I read the label on almost everything I buy, and their ingredients are usually better or comparable to other brands. I bought their frosted corn flakes the other day because they were on sale, and there are 3 ingredients: organic milled corn, organic cane sugar, and sea salt. Their prices are usually quite reasonable, much better than many other organic/natural brands (yes, I know labeling is marketing trickery, which is why I read ingredients as well).

And the chicken is great. It is the base brand I buy at the store when I can't afford better.