Author Topic: Goldman Sachs former exec - Op-Ed  (Read 1477 times)

Offline bigbear

• Dedicated Contributor
Goldman Sachs former exec - Op-Ed
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
Greg Smith's op-ed about his time and the culture at Goldman Sachs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/opinion/why-i-am-leaving-goldman-sachs.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

Obviously there's some axe-grinding going on here, but he doesn't seem to say things that would directly scream of an emotional response to a particular situation.

"Today, many of these leaders display a Goldman Sachs culture quotient of exactly zero percent. I attend derivatives sales meetings where not one single minute is spent asking questions about how we can help clients. It’s purely about how we can make the most possible money off of them. If you were an alien from Mars and sat in on one of these meetings, you would believe that a client’s success or progress was not part of the thought process at all."

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
Re: Goldman Sachs former exec - Op-Ed
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »
Glad he is speaking out about it..

Cedar

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:41:37 AM »
While I see the OpEd piece as something like releasing one's slaves upon death, you know when they're no longer needed, I guess it's better that it was reported than not.

On the amusing side, Bloomberg News: Goldman Roiled by Op-Ed Loses $2.2B for Shareholders

"Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) saw $2.15 billion of its market value wiped out after an employee assailed Chief Executive Officer Lloyd C. Blankfein’s management and the firm’s treatment of clients, sparking debate across Wall Street."

Of course the rest of the article goes on to pretty much say. "So what."

Offline Perfesser

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
Wait a second.
I was sent this. Same sort of story but the names have changed.
http://www.occupythebanks.com/2012/03/banksters-cftc-jpm-1st-whistleblower.html?m=1

Can an analyst/translator comment?