Author Topic: TYT TH-UVF1A now in stock!  (Read 7396 times)

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
    • murs-radio.com - Two way radio and security equipment
TYT TH-UVF1A now in stock!
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
The upgraded version of the TYT TH-UVF1 is now available and is called the TH-UVF1A. Same great radio with a couple of upgrades. First is the 7.5 kHz step availability that is require for some of the newer narrow band public safety frequencies. Second is an increase in scanning speed. This radio is priced the same as the original version.

For more information:
http://shop.murs-radio.com/TYT-TH-UVF1A-Dual-Band-VHF-UHF-Hand-Held-Transceiver-TH-UVF1A.htm

Thanks for looking!

- Rob

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
Re: TYT TH-UVF1A now in stock!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:28:20 PM »
Rob,

Have you considered carrying the Baofeng UV-3R?  Very inexpensive, very capable.  Easy to receive (and will transmit) MURS, FRS, GMRS, ham 2 meter and 70 cm, weather, FM radio, and public service.

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
I may, if there was enough interest, carry the TYT TH-UV3R which is similar. A lot of people don't want a 2 watt radio vs a 5 watt radio (especially public safety users) so the market is smaller but it does have its niche. The TYT model isn't FCC certified yet so I can't import and sell it until it passes.

- Rob

Offline daveinmichigan

• Senior Survivalist
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
I just placed my order, I can't wait to get started. I understand that I can't "talk" on a lot of the available frequencies, but I want to start out listening and learning anyway.

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:02:21 AM »
I just placed my order, I can't wait to get started. I understand that I can't "talk" on a lot of the available frequencies, but I want to start out listening and learning anyway.

Thanks, Dave!

You're not alone doing that. Many customers buy the radios as motivation to get their ham license. Being able to listen helps you to learn proper radio procedures and get a feel for "how it's done" as well.

- Rob

Offline JohnnyUtah

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
I see that they are vox, are there headsets available for these?

Offline rob_ma

• Survivor
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 08:29:50 AM »
I see that they are vox, are there headsets available for these?

Yes, they use the same headsets and speaker mics as the Kenwood TK-series radios. I don't sell the accessories but here is one from a source I use regularly:

http://kawamall.com/pd_1x_knwdhs1sp.cfm

They also carry speaker and throat mics as well. Any Kenwood TK accessory with the same two pin plug will work.

Also, be sure to check out the new Puxing PX-888K dual band radio: http://shop.murs-radio.com/Puxing-PX-888K-Dual-Band-Hand-Held-Transceiver-PX-888K.htm. It is quite a deal at its introductory price, also has VOX and it uses the same Kenwood accessories.

- Rob