Author Topic: Steven Harris Customer Service Experience  (Read 7438 times)

Offline bigal7997

• Prepper
  • I just joined and haven't figured this function out yet!
Steven Harris Customer Service Experience
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:26:43 AM »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a recent customer service experience I had with Steven Harris. I had applied for an application with TTB for the still I received, but the bureaucrat overseeing the application needed more information on where I would be running my still and I wasn’t sure how to answer. I sent an email to the support email address for knowledge publications and within 2 hours I had received both an email and a phone call explaining how best to answer. I was honored to have a 20 minute conversation with him and help with an idea I had for a larger still. I would have never expected service that quick and personal. The knowledge and inspiration I received was priceless!

Offline CrunchDog

• Survivor
  • For my wife, for my daughter, for our life.
Re: Steven Harris Customer Service Experience
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:30:04 AM »
I think that's why he is so successful at what he does. I feel lucky that we have someone like that that supports the TSP.

Offline bsteimel

• Prepper
  • Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!
    • Technology Consulting
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 08:03:34 AM »
Wow that is just amazing.  I'm glad your experience went so well.  I haven't quite got mine up and running, hoping to get things going pretty soon.  Hopefully if I have any problems I will have the same level of customer experience. 

Offline markl32

• Senior Survivalist
  • TSP Support Brigade member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »

Who is the TTB and why did you have to ask them permission to run a Harris Still?

Offline citizen.z

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Your ad goes here. :P
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »

Offline progunner

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share a recent customer service experience I had with Steven Harris. I had applied for an application with TTB for the still I received, but the bureaucrat overseeing the application needed more information on where I would be running my still and I wasn’t sure how to answer. I sent an email to the support email address for knowledge publications and within 2 hours I had received both an email and a phone call explaining how best to answer. I was honored to have a 20 minute conversation with him and help with an idea I had for a larger still. I would have never expected service that quick and personal. The knowledge and inspiration I received was priceless!

Not to be nosy, but what sort of clarification was the BTT fellow looking for?  I have yet to take the steps to apply, but I like to have as much info going in as I can get.  My still remains in the box until I get that item squared away.

Offline JokersWild

• TSP Mule
  • Survivalist Mentor
  • You can't save all the starfish.
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 01:11:15 PM »
The one time I've had to contact Steven Harris with an issue that happened between his site & PayPal, he was stellar. He's definitely an asset to most any prepper/survivalist.

Offline bigal7997

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 07:31:47 PM »
Not to be nosy, but what sort of clarification was the BTT fellow looking for?  I have yet to take the steps to apply, but I like to have as much info going in as I can get.  My still remains in the box until I get that item squared away.

The TTB wanted to know where my detached storage shed was for distillation.  According to them, you MUST have a lockable storage area detached from your house, and absolutely cannot run your tiny electric still in your house/garage. 

Offline Cobdens Apprentice

• Prepper
  • peace and free trade
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »

Who is the TTB and why did you have to ask them permission to run a Harris Still?
and why would you even contact them/him/it?????????????

Offline Cobdens Apprentice

• Prepper
  • peace and free trade
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
Steve is a "character" but he really cares and is a genius

Offline bigal7997

• Prepper
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
and why would you even contact them/him/it?????????????
Because if you are caught making ethanol without a permit you will be fined $20 times the number of gallons your still could produce in a day times the number of days they can show you've owned it. And since I've got one of those jobs where pissing off the TTB, a division of the IRS, would probably cost me that job, it was worth the zero dollar application fee.

Offline MarkL99

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 06:35:17 AM »
thank you all for the information.  Found out a lot just through these posts. 

Offline gpowers01

• Prepper
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »
I think that's why he is so successful at what he does. I feel lucky that we have someone like that that supports the TSP.

+1 for feeling lucky that Steve is part of the community!