Author Topic: Which meat grinder and sausage press?  (Read 1605 times)

Offline benos4752

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Which meat grinder and sausage press?
« on: August 02, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
So, looking to finally get myself a meat grinder and a sausage press. However, there are so many different ones at different prices a quality and amazon reviews seem to be all over the place. So, what do you use? What brands and models do you recommend? Have you found that balance between quality/strength and not costing your right arm?

Offline Gulo gulo

• Senior Survivalist
  • Sic semper tyrannis
Re: Which meat grinder and sausage press?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
I like the one that goes on the front of my kitchen aid mixer.

Offline lowwattliving

• Prepper
  • lowwattliving on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 09:32:51 PM »
As of this year I began to grind all of the ground meat that we use. I asked the guy at our local meat market and he said that all the ground meats they make are made from the trimmings of the meat they chop up. So, just about anything I grind is better than what you get at the store. This made up my mind. [url]http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Grinder-Mincer-Pasta-Maker/dp/B0002I5QHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375499459&sr=8-1&keywords=meat+grinder/url] This is the one I have. its cheap but it works well. If this link does not work just search Amazon for the Norpro Meat Grinder.

Offline Cedar

• ...just aDD water...
  • TSP Supreme Galactic Ant
  • Dont wait for the storm to pass, dance in the rain
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
I recently used Z's stainless steel LEM and it is awesome. I also have the largest cast iron hand crank they make and I also like that one. Easy to use even though it is arm powered. I got the best of both worlds here now.

Cedar

Offline asilshu

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:13:16 AM »
If you have a kitchen aid mixer I would go with the grinder attachment and I just purchased LEM off of amazon for my stuffer.  Have made 3-4 stuffed sausages using hog casings and sheep casing and have had no issues.  Oh I purchased the LEM with the metal gears they make a cheaper one with plastic but didn't want plastic.