Author Topic: Monsanto battle in Germany  (Read 6209 times)

Offline cybersurveyor

• Fledgling Prepper
Monsanto battle in Germany
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:58:21 PM »
Beekeeper forced to incinerate Honey because 7% of his bee's pollen came from a Genetically Modified (Monsanto) field...

Here's the link: http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,611582,00.html

Offline canyonvr

• Prepper
Re: Monsanto battle in Germany
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »
And he's suing the research facility that he knew was near by?  I thought our legal system was bad!

Offline cybersurveyor

• Fledgling Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:39:45 AM »
And he's suing the research facility that he knew was near by?  I thought our legal system was bad!

I think you missed the point.  Monsanto is claiming rights now to the very pollen created by their Genetically Modified seed.  Suppose you are a beekeeper and the farmer next door plants Monsanto seed.  You now have to be the "Bee Whisperer" and tell all your bees not to collect any pollen from that field or you will have to destroy all your honey.  At least that's how I read it.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
Wish I had a billion dollars to support this guy...If I had the means, I'd spend every dime I had to destroy Monsanto...or at least their strangle hold on agriculture.

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 01:38:20 PM »
Monsanto is evil and I hope they sue them for all they are worth. Monsanto has no right to do what it does. They can not have a copyright on nature. That is just retarded. If that is the case then I want to claim a copyright on the Sun and everyone will have to pay me to use it. Sounds stupid right? Thats how I see it though.

You can not copyright musical notes, only the lyrics, but you can copyright nature?  >:(

Offline canyonvr

• Prepper
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
Okay...I am missing something.

Beekeeper raises bees next to a private agricultural research center.

The government ordered the beekeeper to destroy all the honey because it had traces of what the research center was testing (?).

Beekeeper sues the research center that's using the GM corn.

Who wanted the government to order the honey destroyed?

Are you against genetic manipulation and testing?

I am very confused.  Maybe it's just late  :(

Offline ColdHaven

• Coldylocks
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • How about a scary crow little fire?
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 07:14:54 AM »
Listen to the earlier podcast about Monsanto. Monsanto takes seeds of plants and genetically alters them so that the plant dies at the end of the growing season. This in turn forces farmers around the world to buy more Monsanto seeds. Monsanto has also copyrights to these seeds (I don't understand how) and if through pollenation a farmer obtains a plant like Monsanto's (which can't be avoided because of the process of natural pollenation) then Monsanto can sue the farmer.

On another side of this is that if pollenation of these self terminating plants spread worldwide then you will see starvation and famine on a global level. What if these genetically engineered plants die and there is nothing left to replace them?

To give reference to what Monsanto is: The Umbrella Corporation is to Resident Evil what Monsanto is to the World.

Altering plants like that is evil enough to warrant the dissolve of the company, in my opinion, let alone their copyrighting the seeds and forcing them down the throats of farmers across the globe.

Offline canyonvr

• Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:16:19 AM »
Listen to the earlier podcast about Monsanto. Monsanto takes seeds of plants and genetically alters them so that the plant dies at the end of the growing season. This in turn forces farmers around the world to buy more Monsanto seeds. Monsanto has also copyrights to these seeds (I don't understand how) and if through pollenation a farmer obtains a plant like Monsanto's (which can't be avoided because of the process of natural pollenation) then Monsanto can sue the farmer.

On another side of this is that if pollenation of these self terminating plants spread worldwide then you will see starvation and famine on a global level. What if these genetically engineered plants die and there is nothing left to replace them?

To give reference to what Monsanto is: The Umbrella Corporation is to Resident Evil what Monsanto is to the World.

Altering plants like that is evil enough to warrant the dissolve of the company, in my opinion, let alone their copyrighting the seeds and forcing them down the throats of farmers across the globe.

I'll look for that podcast.

That explains a lot more to me.  After reading the article a number of times I really did not see what Monsanto was doing wrong.  They only mentioned the genetic engineering to keep a pest away.  I didn't see anything about the copyrights to the seeds or the self-terminating aspect of the plant.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »
Most articles do not contain the details about Monsanto.  But do a Google search for "Monsanto evil" and you'll find a lot of info on why they are an evil corporation.

Here's a couple.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/learn/inspiredprotagonist/monsanto-evil-company
http://www.geocities.com/northstarzone/MONSANTO.html
http://members.aye.net/~hippie/monsanto.htm
http://www.groovygreen.com/groove/?p=2921

Offline archer

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
  • #ImissAmerica
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »
Monsanto also uses 'natural pollination' to spread their GMO seeds/plants and then sue farmers who's fields are contaminated (by being next to Monsanto's fields) with Monsanto's GMO crap.

Offline DeltaEchoVictor

• Evil Forum Overlord
  • Administrator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • Vincit Omnia Veritas
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 06:30:31 PM »
Not only sues them, but destroys (thru litigation & court order) any crops that may be infected by Monsanto's GM'd frankenfood because of patent infringement. 

They are literally destroying one farmer at a time & making it virtually impossible for small scale agriculture to survive.

Offline Gas-Mask

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Will work for food and fight for freedom!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »
I think that this is probably the only time that Kalifornia gives hope to the rest of us...  (Runs to kitchen to suck on a lemon to eliminate the bad taste left after saying something good about a communist state)

We have alot of hippies and tree huggers here that spend lots of money on organic....  Also, we have quite a few lefties here that actually are trying to make a difference.  And they are crazy and hate Monsanto. 

Don't know if I'm making any sense?  Cheers.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 08:27:34 AM »
we have quite a few lefties here that actually are trying to make a difference.  And they are crazy and hate Monsanto. 

Perfect example of what Jack points out from time to time.  Just because you don't have the same agenda as them doesn't mean you don't have the same end goal.

I'm hoping that a bunch of those whackos band together and make it very hard on Monsanto.  The only problem with the crazies is they step over the line and make the other side look sane and rational.

yaked

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »
I hope I’m doing this right! (My 1st post)

Has anyone seen or heard about this, and my have some feedback?

It sounds like Monsanto is going for the in for the kill, and trying to take control of food production in this country. With the help of Congress (BILLS: HR 875 and S 425) Organic farming will be banned in America, only chemical farming will be allowed. And you don't have to think twice as who's chemicals. And these bills have been quietly slipped into the latest $410Billion spending bill.

Bill to “Ban” Organic Farming 
http://www.prisonplanet.com/bill-to-ban-organic-farming.html

HR 875/S425 WOULD NATIONALIZE FARMING- DESTROY ORGANICS- EVEN ATTACK YOUR PRIVATE GARDEN!
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=142795

Offline Gas-Mask

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 10:34:19 PM »
Has anyone told Mr. Jack?   

I would like him  to do a show on this...  I'm sorry but I'm frightened and need some direction right now... 

I live in kalifornia...  one of the few that still allows raw milk to be sold.

Offline chris

• Survival Demonstrator
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 07:44:41 AM »
We have alot of hippies and tree huggers here that spend lots of money on organic....  Also, we have quite a few lefties here that actually are trying to make a difference.  And they are crazy and hate Monsanto. 

The same hippies who elected the current crop of Democrats and the President? The ones pushing HR875? The same hippies holding bongo drum recitals to save the lanet from global warming? The secodn worst problem with hippies is they may care about the environment, but they're RETARDED and are easily manipulated. The worst problem is they have lots of free time to protest, hold planning sessions, and vote.

Eric Cartman said it best. Die, hippies, die.

Offline Gas-Mask

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »
But many of them agree....  Monsanto must be put to sleep!   permanently!

If we can focus on that alone....  We should get something... I called and left a message on my congressmans voice mail.