Author Topic: Provident Metals  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Sperls

• Prepper
Provident Metals
« on: July 17, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »
Can anyone here speak to the service and overall experience in buying, specifically "junk" silver, from Provident Metals?

They have an A- BBB rating, and appear to have fair prices and shipping.

Any thoughts/input would be appreciated.

Offline Deerfield Prepper

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Provident Metals
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 06:38:24 PM »
I have bought 80 silver American eagles and didn't have a problem

Offline nate352

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »
I've bought several items from Provident - gold, junk silver and even copper. Orders have arrived pretty quickly. One time it took 5 days but that was because of a holiday weekend - http://www.providentmetals.com/junk-silver.html. Prices on junk silver are competitive with other dealers (online and off). I especially like the junk quarters and dimes for potential barter. When you have a pre-64 quarter and a modern-day quarter, thunk them down on your kitchen counter. It's fascinating to hear the different sounds they make

Offline American Redoubt

• Fledgling Prepper
  • Member of MSB, GOA, SAF. Lifetime NRA Member
    • The American Redoubt on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 04:42:36 PM »
I just bought from Provident this week (August 2012) and found them fast effective discreet service. They send via US Postal Service, so if you aren't home to sign for it, as we weren't, you must go to the Post Office to sign for the package. Since the US Post Office is billions in debt and closing down rural post office branches, they no longer automatically come back the next day for redelivery like they used to, and like UPS or Fedex still do.  The label is VERY discreet, just says PM as the company name. Each coin is separately packed so that there is no jingling in the package to give away its contents.  Will buy from them again when I am not in the mood to drive down to my local coin dealer.