Author Topic: Help/Advice on picking which model  (Read 1017 times)

Offline seasparrow

• Fledgling Prepper
Help/Advice on picking which model
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
The website is not clear on the differences between the models-- besides price, that is. Travel Berkey? Royal Berkey? Imperial? What is actually sets them apart? Can someone offer some opinions? My details: Live in the northwest USA, but in the dry part. Will be used for a family of two, with two dogs. Interested not only in daily use, but having a reliable filter for emergencies when city water is unavailable. Of course, we would like to keep the purchase as cheap as possible. Any thoughts?

Offline seasparrow

• Fledgling Prepper
Re: Help/Advice on picking which model
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
OK nevermind, I just found this topic from a few months ago, which asks the same question. Seems like enough information there to point me towards the Big Berkey model.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=34351.0

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Berkey Water Purification Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
OK nevermind, I just found this topic from a few months ago, which asks the same question. Seems like enough information there to point me towards the Big Berkey model.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=34351.0

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I will check back here.

theberkeyguy
Berkey Water Purification Systems:
www.directive21.com

Offline Griz

• Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 02:47:15 PM »
Just ordered a Royal Berkey.  Have 5 people in family plus pets.  Was looking at Berkey Light but wanted something a little bigger and liked having stainless steel for longer term life.  Just FYI....

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
Just ordered a Royal Berkey.  Have 5 people in family plus pets.  Was looking at Berkey Light but wanted something a little bigger and liked having stainless steel for longer term life.  Just FYI....

Thanks Griz, we really appreciate your order.

theberkeyguy
www.directive21.com

Offline Ohio Homesteading

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • The Cunningham Homestead
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
We bought the Crown Berkey (6 gallon) and love it.  We only refill it once per day, usually at night before we go to bed, and usually use 4 gallons per day.  We are a family of 3 and 2 dogs. We use it for cooking and drinking.  We went with the big one because we have a lot of parties and friends over.  It’s a great conversation piece too, at every party there is at least one person asks “what in the world is that?”   We enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that we have a dependable source of clean fluoride free water.     Thanks Jeff
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
Charles Darwin

http://www.ohiohomesteading.com

Offline theberkeyguy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »
We bought the Crown Berkey (6 gallon) and love it.  We only refill it once per day, usually at night before we go to bed, and usually use 4 gallons per day.  We are a family of 3 and 2 dogs. We use it for cooking and drinking.  We went with the big one because we have a lot of parties and friends over.  It’s a great conversation piece too, at every party there is at least one person asks “what in the world is that?”   We enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that we have a dependable source of clean fluoride free water.     Thanks Jeff

Thanks so much Ohio Homesteading!

theberkeyguy
www.directive21.com