Author Topic: 299 Days: The Preparation (Book One) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]  (Read 48367 times)

Offline bunnyhunter

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: 299 Days: The Preparation (Book One) - book discussion [SPOILER ALERT]
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
  I just finished book one and loved it. Which is how I found this sight. I read a little bit the first night I got it.  Then the next night I thought I would read a little more.  Well I ended up staying up half the night so I could finish it. Definitely couldn't put it down. It wasn't a very productive day in the shop the next day. I think it was so good because I could relate to it and see myself doing the same things.  I ordered books 2-4 from Amazon right away. Now Im kicking myself for paying next day air delivery. Its going to be a lond weekend waiting for them to come.  great writing hope the rest are half as good. Jeremy

Offline backwoods_engineer

• Survivalist Mentor
  • An engineer trying to get back to the woods
    • Backwoods Engineer's Blog
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »
  I just finished book one and loved it. Which is how I found this sight. I read a little bit the first night I got it.  Then the next night I thought I would read a little more.  Well I ended up staying up half the night so I could finish it. Definitely couldn't put it down. It wasn't a very productive day in the shop the next day. I think it was so good because I could relate to it and see myself doing the same things.  I ordered books 2-4 from Amazon right away. Now Im kicking myself for paying next day air delivery. Its going to be a lond weekend waiting for them to come.  great writing hope the rest are half as good. Jeremy

Jeremy, you might want to slow down... "Glen Tate" (our own Heavy G) said the other day on Armed American Radio that Book 5 won't be out until the end of March.  Word to the wise...

Offline Heavy G

• Distorting the Space-Time Continuum
  • Moderator On Leave
  • Survival Veteran
  • A misfit ant in a grasshopper world.
    • 299 Days
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »

Great, Jeremy.  Thanks, man.

Offline MississippiJarhead

• Survivalist Mentor
  • I never learned from a man who agreed with me.-RAH
The character development was superb and held my attention in parts that could easily been boring if not handled properly.

The story of Grants' path to prepping is very familiar to me because it's nearly identical to my own. I was already a gun guy and a hunter but the rest is amazingly like my experience. Heck, I also happen to carry a Glock 22/27 and LCP!

Like most everyone has said, the Wife is VERY frustrating but you need some conflict in a book.

My only knock is the price to material ration. I read all five books since last Friday.

Offline Slow runner

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »
Halfway into the first book, can put it down. I was wondering how some people had posted that they had gone through two or three books so fast! Now I know! So real!