Author Topic: MN Hunting Season Reports Anyone?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline burbot

• Prepper
MN Hunting Season Reports Anyone?
« on: September 22, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
I'd love to here any reports from my home state.  Mine are bleak to this point.

Opening of early goose hunted the Cedar River.  Only called in one loner.  Took the wife and daughter, wanted them to get the shots as they are both first year hunter.  My daughter wasn't comfortable shooting while sitting on an ice fishing stool so she didn't shoot (nothing wrong with that).  I missed the over the back hail mary once I saw she wasn't going to shoot (sure I didn't keep swinging).

Duck opener was me and the wife at a local WMA.  Once again trying to get her a first bird, so I only took one long shot.  She dropped one, but the dog was healing to her and broke (knows not to break by me).  Once I got the dog lined up for the retrieve, the duck had time to recover.  As the dog got 5 yds away the duck flew up around the corner of the cattails.  I let the dog search, but my wife was worried about her being out of sight so long, so I had to call her in.  We were walking on the floating cattail bog, so even with hip boots a chase was futile (especially with another 6 or so groups out there.  Might try tomorrow.

Have not been in the bow stand yet.   

Offline Red Dawn Coyote

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: MN Hunting Season Reports Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »
I'm not into birds but the deer season is looking to be good by Plummer Mn. I have seen some mature bucks. No bear yet but still trying.