Author Topic: LEM VS Excalibur  (Read 2177 times)

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
  • A cleansing of the wicked
LEM VS Excalibur
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
I need to pick up a dehydrator soon to start making jerky out of the deer I got two weeks ago. I originally had planned on getting the Excalibur 3900. I have spent a bunch of other money on a grinder, vacuum sealer and a couple other things so I kind of don't want to drop the cash on it right now. I just found this LEM 10 tray for 167.68 shipped http://www.amazon.com/LEM-Products-Dehydrator-Digital-Timer/dp/B004VLKT3W/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1350653251&sr=8-26&keywords=excaliber+food+dehydrator. It has an extra tray, 200 more watts, a digital timer and a bigger temperature range. It seems to have some great reviews on Amazon. Has anyone used it? The one I am comparing it against is this http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/dehydrators/timer-models/9-tray-large-excalibur-with-26-hour-timer-3926tb.
Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
  • "Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly" -TJ
Re: LEM VS Excalibur
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:24:54 AM »
I do not have experience with their dehydrators. LEM is a local Cincinnati company. Everything I have purchased from them has been of good quality. That said I own a couple Excalibers, mostly because I got them on clearance at bass pro. They are quality machines. LEM has great customer service, even if you don't buy the dehydrator you should check out their other products.

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »
I do not have experience with their dehydrators. LEM is a local Cincinnati company. Everything I have purchased from them has been of good quality. That said I own a couple Excalibers, mostly because I got them on clearance at bass pro. They are quality machines. LEM has great customer service, even if you don't buy the dehydrator you should check out their other products.

I got the LEM Jerky Cannon in my Amazon shopping cart. They seem to make great products, thats why I was so interested when I saw this dehydrator.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
They are a quality company. Maybe someone has bought one of their dehydrators and can chime in. I have one of their steel hand meat grinders, it's just awesome.

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
I think I'm going to go ahead and order the LEM. It has even gotten $5 cheaper since this morning.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nicodemus

• HooHa Man! AKA Docs Whipping Boy
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
  • Wake up and smell the cat food n your bank account
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 07:49:25 AM »
Though I can't vouch for the specific model that you're considering, I've had the LEM Stainless Steel 10 Tray Dehydrator for more than two years now and it's a great dehydrator.

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
The dehydrator just showed up yesterday. Last night I dehydrated a couple apples, a pear and a banana. Seemed to work pretty good, pretty fast. Hopefully my LEM Jerky Cannon shows up this week so I can start making my deer jerky.
-Benjamin Franklin

Offline heliotropicmoth

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
Awesome, post some pics if you can.

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
I have some venison jerky sitting in it right now.

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline VegasAR15

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Jerky turned our pretty good. It dehydrated it quick, it was ready for me to take some to work this morning. On a side note, the LEM Jerky Cannon is awesome.
-Benjamin Franklin