Author Topic: TSP Gear Shop is coming back  (Read 5628 times)

Offline Bradbn4

• Dedicated Contributor
Re: TSP Gear Shop is coming back
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 10:12:51 AM »
That style of art work would also work quite well as a sticker for note books, car back window.

BTW - thanks for the update on trigger safety. Decals, coaster, would work fine. As a person who has picked up a few things in the past from the shop - welcome back.

Offline ID_Joker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 10:30:24 AM »
I think the logo would look good with a background of stout.  I'd be up for a couple pint glasses!

Agree that for more public items a toned down logo might be good.

Offline Virginian

• Survivor
  • The Virginian
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
Since the ant is pointing why not insert "Are You An Ant Or A Grasshopper"

That would get a lot of conversations started so you could explain the meaning of the above quote.

inbox485

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:45 AM »
This is both a hint and a request. There is a forum called DYI Tactical. They had a shop that was a pretty decent one stop shop for home man sewing stuff. They closed shop, and that void is still empty. There are a handful of different shops selling certain categories, but for a lot of projects you end up with 3 or 4 different orders because there is no central shop. Given that you also are linked with survival gear bags... Just saying (and asking).

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
I like the graphic and love my guns. But I can certainly see the perspective that pulling more sheeple into the fold is made easier without an AR pistol in their face coupled with "Revolution" on my T-shirt.

Would I order something with this graphic (subdued) on it like a morale patch for my kit/ballcap? Yeah, it's pretty badass. At the range or hunting, it isn't going to be received poorly and may invite questions from the guns-only crowd who need to broaden their horizons.

Would I put a sticker of it on my car? No. It sends a message that does not invite conversation from someone who isn't already of the same mindset. Jack's shows about getting people to "come over" to the prepper mindset are always centered around the soft sell - pull rather than push. And that approach has worked for me time and again... store a little extra food that you eat; get some batteries/chargers/inverters; start a small garden; go to the range. All of a sudden someone is a prepper and didn't even see it coming.

While TSP gear is for "us" to show off our community, it is also marketing and public relations material.  With that in mind, I would purchase way more gear that gets across the message of revolution through personal liberty and independence vice the potential mistaken impression of some armed revolution - 180 degrees out of phase with the ideas we support.

My $0.02 plus interest.

Bonnieblue2A

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
That is one angry para-military looking fire ant. I'm not feeling the inclusion and encouragement to learn that I come to the podcast and forum to glean. As such, I probably wouldn't purchase anything with that logo.

I see a huglkulture ant hill with a permaculture forest on the top, multiple ants participating in many of the activities encouraged on the forum, be it homesteading including alternative energy, bartering or participating in commerce by exchanging a TSP medallion, animal husbandy, marksmanship, radio communications, etc... .

I like the previous remark about "Are you a grasshopper or an ant?" It echos the often seen question "Are you a cook or a rifleman?"

Please don't exclude us female homesteaders/contingency planners/preppers in the design.

:)

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »
First hat going into production:

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 01:39:58 PM »
First T-shirt going into production:

Offline livinitup0

• Survivalist Mentor
  • confrontational by design
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »
awesome... I was just going to ask if the sentinel logo would be on there.... I'll be buying a hat for sure.

I do hope all the old logos and icons are coming back... i wasnt around back then and for a while didnt know what they meant...but after going back to old shows Id really like some gear with the old ant logo, save our skills etc.

Offline AngusBangus

• Survivalist Mentor
  • W5DAA
    • Thoughts from Dillon
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »
awesome... I was just going to ask if the sentinel logo would be on there.... I'll be buying a hat for sure.

I do hope all the old logos and icons are coming back... i wasnt around back then and for a while didnt know what they meant...but after going back to old shows Id really like some gear with the old ant logo, save our skills etc.

Amen... and the "ant flag". That is awesome.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »
So, where's the new gear shop located?  Share a link?

Niccolum

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 07:05:06 PM »
I'm for something a little subtler too than the ant-with-an-AR. I just can't see myself wearing that type of imagery. I like the sentinel logo and would consider that one for range and stuff like that with like-minded friends. However if you're looking for imagery designed to spark conversation, what about some sort of take on 19th American imagery such as https://www.skinnerinc.com/full/794/879794.jpg or http://images.mediastorehouse.net/497/6183645_450_450_0_0_fit_0_a4176c131c253abbd5baabc05b4865e8.jpg (Note: I just grabbed these as quick examples from Google image search). There's a rich legacy of "patriotic" imagery dealing with eagles, "lady liberty", Gadsden-style snake flags, etc. that I think could be adapted to the TSP/Modern Survival community that would spark conversation. I'm absolutely no artist so I can't show you what I mean, but maybe someone else gets what's in my mind?

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »
I REALLY like the hat... I'm definitely getting that one!!  Wonder if I could get it in a fitted?

Offline CrunchDog

• Survivor
  • For my wife, for my daughter, for our life.
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »
I'd like a fitted one too. I wonder if it will be a Flex Fit hat, those are always a nice fit. How about it cartpusher, what kind of hats will you guys be printing this on?

I REALLY like the hat... I'm definitely getting that one!!  Wonder if I could get it in a fitted?

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 11:52:03 AM »
Have sample hats on my desk right now, and the only one I like happens to be a Flex Fit.  Bringing some other samples in and should have a decision soon.  Other options right now are a 5.11 hat or we may run these with New Era which is also based in Buffalo.  Keep you posted.  Should be resolved soon.

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2012, 08:31:23 PM »
Well what do you know!!  I'd never heard of flex fit until now, but it sounds like that would take the guesswork out of ordering. 

Outstanding!  Almost gives me a Chris Matthews tingle up my leg!!   ;D

Offline KevinCanuck

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2012, 05:32:54 PM »
That looks a little over the top for me.

BUT ... I WOULD LOVE TO GET A 4"X4" TSP logo window sticker to display on my vehicles.

Any news on anything like that?

KC

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
KC - are you looking for the just the VAL head logo? no type?

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
Site is live and we are now accepting pre-orders.
http://tspgear.com/

Offline KevinCanuck

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »
KC - are you looking for the just the VAL head logo? no type?

Hi CP.

Yes - just the icon / logo whatever you want to call it.  No type.

The way I look at it:
1) The logo is not intimidating - as it doesn't need to be.
2) Recognition of the logo by fellow listeners could promote identity and community amongst like-minded individuals.  i.e.. in times of need or just plain fellowship.

People who won't recognize the logo may be uninterested or they might ask you what the logo means.  You might be able to turn them onto TSP, or even "podcasting" in general.

Was there ever a window sticker? Is one in the works?  I left a message for Jack about this on listener line last Friday.
KC

Offline cartpusher

• Survivalist Mentor
    • Survival Gear Bags
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »
KC - We will get one added ASAP.

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »
Is this the "VAL head" logo?

Offline KevinCanuck

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »
Is this the "VAL head" logo?

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.

As a window sticker though, I think the image, as you posted it, would work best with the black and white reversed.  i.e.., the glasses would be black and everything else would be white.  No need for the white back ground then.
KC

Offline bdhutier

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
I'd personally like it in black/OD, Black/grey, and black/coyote brn.

Offline BadgerAngel

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do not get between Badger & her coffee *snarl*
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 07:17:53 AM »
I'd love to see the "Nation Full of Ants" as a patch, as a ball cap, and as a bumper sticker. 
Are there going to be bandanas available?  I would order the ball caps for my husband and my son and my father-in-law, but I personally wear head rags all the time, and they're very useful.  I'd probably order a mixed dozen of bandanas between the Nation Full of Ants and the VAL logo.

The ant graphic looks awesome, I do like it (but then, I adore Nico's work) but I have to agree that it looks a little too aggressive to disseminate amongst the masses.  It would be great to wear amongst the community, to a meet-up, to a prepper convention or whatever, but I can't see myself wearing it as an everyday tee-shirt.

That being said, I probably will order a couple of them to wear around the house and to wear if I ever get to a meet-up.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
 :popcorn:

Just want to keep up with all that is goign on.