Author Topic: JM Bullion  (Read 10310 times)

Offline Prepper Recon

• Survivor
  • We don't have a lot of time.
    • Prepper Recon
JM Bullion
« on: October 25, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »
I have been a long time APMEX customer because of their low prices. I just heard about JM Bullion on TSP. I decided to give them a try. Silver Maples were $.82 less than APMEX, 1/2 oz Gold Eagle was $8 less than apmex, and shipping was $5 less than APMEX. Total invoice was $25 less than APMEX. So far, I am very impressed with JM Bullion. I will keep you all  posted on the service!
"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish mans devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20

http://prepperrecon.com/
Prepper Recon.com is Prepper news and info links, as well as practical tips to prepping on a budget.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Re: JM Bullion
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »
I haven't ordered from them yet, but I did do some shopping on their site.  I found the same thing, a little less than the big boys on almost all their products.

Check out their purchase plan.  You can set up to buy a certain dollar amount of any product monthly, weekly, etc. 
F_M
Check out my blogs at The Homestead Fritz and Camping With Fritz

Offline RationalHusker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
I've been happy with their service.  Timely delivery, on par or quicker than Provident Metals, and waaaay faster than Northwest Territorial Mint.  Even better prices than Provident, which I thought was really low.  I'm using the automatic purchase plan - my one complaint would be that in my 2nd purchase (first automated one), my MSB discount didn't "take."  I'll have to call and get a credit. 

FYI - they plan to offer 90% junk via the automatic purchase plan in the relatively near future (i.e., a month or two down the road).  Right now, that's not an option.

Offline Prepper Recon

• Survivor
    • Prepper Recon
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 06:50:29 PM »
How much is the MSB discount on JM Bullion?
"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish mans devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20

Prepper Recon.com is Prepper news and info links, as well as practical tips to prepping on a budget.

Offline RationalHusker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
$5 off on order of $300, $10 of on orders of $1000.  Not that much, but if you can afford 5-10, $300 orders a year, it's something.

Offline Scottman

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:02 PM »
How does it compare to silver and gold shop.com ?

Thank you

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:02:19 PM »
I just made my first order with them.  They sound good and I'm confident everything will go well.  Charles
Remember when you leave this earth, you take nothing that you have received – only what you have given: a heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage. - St. Francis of Assisi

Offline LICountryBoy

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
I ordered from them and the pricing was good and shipping fast.

I will use them for now on.

The way I look at it, the $5 off deal is pretty good because it cuts shipping costs. 
Marinade, helping you enjoy your steak, if the steak gets tough or even If it don't. :)

"Go forth and be manly!" - T.Ghee

So I have power and underwear.

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
hmm, i need to look into the automatic purchase plan....

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »
I had trouble finding this the other day, so figured I'd post a link to their Automatic Investment Plan

That page has a FAQ about it along with some examples.
F_M

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »
I just tried to set up my automatic investment and they currently are not taking credit/debit cards at this time.  They will return the first or second week in November.
F_M

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:40:35 AM »
I had trouble finding this the other day, so figured I'd post a link to their Automatic Investment Plan

That page has a FAQ about it along with some examples.
thanks! i was looking around for this myself earlier.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.

Offline RationalHusker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »
I just tried to set up my automatic investment and they currently are not taking credit/debit cards at this time.  They will return the first or second week in November.

But you can lock in a price and quantity and send in a check.  It delays shipment until the check clears, but I still received delivery in a couple weeks.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
But you can lock in a price and quantity and send in a check.  It delays shipment until the check clears, but I still received delivery in a couple weeks.
Yep, that's another method.  But when I set up the auto purchase, I want it to be an auto purchase. 

I'll just make my purchase this week at my regular place and open my auto purchase when they can do debit.
F_M

Offline jmbullion

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »
Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for giving us a shot and considering using our company. As mentioned in this thread, credit/debit cards will be back online for the second week of November. We are moving our banking and merchant processing from one company to another, and that is what caused the temporary unavailability of cards. We also are in the process of moving to a new, larger facility, and wanted to complete that move before putting cards live again.

RationalHusker - if you want to email me at mike@jmbullion.com, I can take care of that discount/credit for you. Junk silver is also live now as you mentioned.

If anyone needs personal handling or attention on any orders, I can be reached directly at 872-444-3100.

Thanks!

Michael Wittmeyer
JM Bullion

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 02:27:17 PM »
Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for giving us a shot and considering using our company. As mentioned in this thread, credit/debit cards will be back online for the second week of November. We are moving our banking and merchant processing from one company to another, and that is what caused the temporary unavailability of cards. We also are in the process of moving to a new, larger facility, and wanted to complete that move before putting cards live again.

RationalHusker - if you want to email me at mike@jmbullion.com, I can take care of that discount/credit for you. Junk silver is also live now as you mentioned.

If anyone needs personal handling or attention on any orders, I can be reached directly at 872-444-3100.

Thanks!

Michael Wittmeyer
JM Bullion
Thanks for chiming in Michael.  I am checking out your Automatic investment plan. Is there a monthly minimum?

Offline riptide

• Prepper
  • Mutton-Labe!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
Ordered a couple of silver eagles when Jack announced about them....call me very satisfied.

8)
Democracy- Two wolves and a Lamb voting on what to eat.
Liberty- One heavily armed Lamb contesting the vote, and willing to carry the fight to them.  (Baaaaaa!)

Offline Prepper Recon

• Survivor
    • Prepper Recon
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
I just received my order from JM Bullion. Everything was packaged well and shipped in the time frame specified. The website doesn't say so, but they will take a personal check if you ask. That will save a trip to the bank and $8 for a cashiers check at my bank. Everything was cheaper than APMEX including shipping. I'll be using JM Bullion from now on.

Offline CharlesH

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Hope is a method...
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
ditto.  Our first order arrived on schedule and we got regular updates all through the process from placing the order to our check being received and the order being shipped.  I've already placed my second order.  Charles
Remember when you leave this earth, you take nothing that you have received – only what you have given: a heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice, and courage. - St. Francis of Assisi

Offline BadgerAngel

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Do not get between Badger & her coffee *snarl*
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
I wish they had tenth or half pieces.  That's the only drawback I see. 
Proud member of the MSB
Check out Compton After Dark on VOC Nation.  http://www.vocnation.com/COMPTON_AFTER_DARK.html
Pro Wrestling, comics, and prepping to be coming up soon.

Of Seraphim and Cherubim is now available to buy through Kindle! 
http://amzn.to/UHWIiX

Offline TexDaddy

• TSP Goat Wrangling Geezer. He is EVIL also.
  • Global Moderator
  • I live in Texas. What country are you from?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
I wish they had tenth or half pieces.  That's the only drawback I see.
They do.

http://www.jmbullion.com/1-10-oz-american-gold-eagle/

http://www.jmbullion.com/1-2-oz-american-gold-eagle/

now, if you are talking about silver, there are very few smaller than 1 oz coins from anyone other than old US silver coins.
"I went down Virginia, seekin' shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain."

...A quote from the book 'Mataroda' comes to mind:
'To do more than your best is impossible, to do less is unthinkable'
WWCD = What would Cedar do?

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 05:02:34 AM »
now, if you are talking about silver, there are very few smaller than 1 oz coins from anyone other than old US silver coins.
For anyone interested in smaller silver, Westminster Mint has 1/10 ounce silver eagles and half ounce generic rounds available.  I have a couple smaller rounds, but for me, they don't really make sense.
F_M

Offline Griz

• Prepper
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »
Have placed an order with them with no problems whatsoever.  Liked the prices, cheaper than APMEX.  Also the MSB discount helps.  Had a friend order through them and got a nice discount off my next order.

Offline romeojuliethotel

• Prepper
  • -. -.... .-. .--- ....
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »
So far, so good.  Thumbs up from me for JM Bullion.  I recently chose to use them for my last three metal purchases.

Offline stalwart

• Prepper
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »
I'll be making my first silver purchase soon and I think I'll go with JM Bullion based on the quality of the feedback here.  It sounds like a mix of different kinds of silver is a good idea, I'm thinking a 30/60/10 % split on pre-64 US coins, silver rounds, and junk silver.  Does this sound like a good breakdown or should I tweak it a bit before ordering?

Offline RationalHusker

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
I'll be making my first silver purchase soon and I think I'll go with JM Bullion based on the quality of the feedback here.  It sounds like a mix of different kinds of silver is a good idea, I'm thinking a 30/60/10 % split on pre-64 US coins, silver rounds, and junk silver.  Does this sound like a good breakdown or should I tweak it a bit before ordering?

US coins minted prior to 1965 are synonomous with "junk silver" as far as I know.  Are the three things you're thinking about:
1.  junk silver (pre-65) with face values (i.e., dimes, quarters, halves, etc.
2. silver rounds (which have no numismatic or "mint" value
3.  other coins (i.e., Silver Eagles, Maple Leafs, etc.) that actually have a face value like the pre1965 coins, but with face values far under spot.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 06:25:17 PM »
I just set up my automatic purchase plan today.  I'll make a purchase every 2 weeks of basically the same quantity.  I'll report back once I receive the first shipment and the next purchase to let you know how it goes.
F_M

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
My first order was placed on 11/25/2012, shipped 12/01/2012 and was delivered 12/03/2012

Second order placed on 12/09/2012, shipped 12/12/2012 and was delivered 12/15/2012

Totally acceptable to me.  I understand the first order taking longer to process since I had never dealt with them before.  But even at 5 days to get it shipped is not bad.  I've ordered from other places and they take at least that long when using a debit card.

Figure into it that the order went in on a Sunday and they have a very good turn around.

I picked 2012 Silver Eagles as my product of choice.  I just contacted them today and found that this would switch to 2013 Silver Eagles automatically when that becomes the "standard."  I like that I won't have to mess with the order to get it swapped to what's current.
F_M

Offline GeddyFlea

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
    • GeddyFlea Living The Dream
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:08 PM »
to add to the satisfied customer base, I am one. I have placed 3 orders without any problems. I would like to see them offer rolled coins on junk silver (mercury dimes, liberty quarters, etc.)

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 06:06:49 PM »
Hit their contact us button and ask if they have any plans to offer that.  They have been very responsive to me and have answered all my questions very quickly.  Personally, I don't do junk silver at this time, but maybe in the future.
F_M