Author Topic: thinking about selling all guns  (Read 4696 times)

Offline shingman

• Prepper
thinking about selling all guns
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:52:29 PM »
I know this may sound crazy but i,m thinking about selling all my gun,s due to the fact that the idiot got back in office. He is going to come after our second amendment right,s as soon as he can. I am too old to go thru all of this crap. I want to get some of my money back before he can get them! He does not have anything to lose now  and he can go full speed ahead with his plan,s to take them! I am very fustrated with the whole thing in general because we can,t fight the goverment of the usa. I feel helpless! What do you think?
P
Nothing Remains The Same!

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Demonstrator
Re: thinking about selling all guns
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:08:44 AM »
Sleep it off man.  You'll come around in the morning...

Offline LibertyBelle

• Munches with goats...
  • Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 12:24:18 AM »
Well, they can't take what you don't "have," now can they?  ;)
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:42:05 AM »
Don't your remember that terrible boating accident you had last month?  It was so traumatic, that I can understand if you've suppressed the memory of it now.  It was horrible that you lost your guns, boat and almost lost your life.  But we're here for you brother.  Purely coincidence that it happened just a few months before he came after them, but truth is stranger than fiction.....
Nate
Military/civilian gunsmith/machinist
CEO and Founder of PermEscapes
PermEscapes
PermEscapes on Facebook

"One of these centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
— Ragnar Danneskjöld, from Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)

Offline Ripper

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »
"Wherever I go,
everyone is safer because I am there.
 Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.
 Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there"
 ~Robert L. Humphrey

Offline NWPilgrim

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 12:54:43 AM »
If it gets to the point they actually come after guns, you can bet they will also be coming after food stockpiles, water hoarding, etc.  Might as well sell the food, extra tools, gardening supplies, and those SW radios.  MURS?!?!?  Planning to booby trap someone eh? 

Strip naked and start walking down the street now before it is too late!

It is frustrating to see the stupid decisions we are making as a nation, but we have to continue on doing what we know is best for ourselves and family.  As the older generation we also need to be examples to our children and grandchildren's generations.  Our preps may NOT be fully needed by us personally, but the mindset and perhaps even some of the supplies and tools we pass along to them may just save some lives.  That is how I see our 30-yr shelf life freeze-dry food, more guns and ammo than I personally need, redundant gardening and wood cutting tools, etc.

The govt does not have enough agents to harass every single gun owner, farmer, etc.  So if we practice civil disobedience in the face of draconian laws then it will become obvious how futile those laws are.  But if we willing surrender our tools and supplies and make it easy for them then a few agents can control and manage millions.
There have always been times like this, and there will be again. Will we rise to the challenges or get run over?

Offline 11 Bravo

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 05:53:31 AM »
Relax Francis.....have a mug of cocoa and take a deep breath....I will say it again, there arent enough of us in uniform to take your guns. No way, no how, ain't gonna happen. And out of the number of LEO out there, a certain percentage, like me, won't follow the order.
No worries.....keep prepping
1st-30th Infantry, 3rd Infantry Division

Offline rogersorders

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 07:04:57 AM »
Hey 11 Bravo, Rock of the Marne to you

What pisses me off the most is everything I want to buy (guns, ammo, silver, food) is probably going to cost more and be more difficult to buy. That's why I voted for the other guy, not that I thought he'd be any different, but that he'd hold it together a little bit longer and make it easier to prep.

Just like no plan survives first contact, woke up this morning, took a deep breath and started to reassess the situation.

Standing Order #19. Let the enemy come 'til he's almost close enough to touch. Then let him have it and jump out and finish him with you hatchet. - Maj Robert Rogers, 1759

Offline Chemsoldier

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 07:14:22 AM »
Relax Francis.....have a mug of cocoa and take a deep breath....I will say it again, there arent enough of us in uniform to take your guns. No way, no how, ain't gonna happen. And out of the number of LEO out there, a certain percentage, like me, won't follow the order.
No worries.....keep prepping
There is wisdom in this one...even if he spends his time hanging out in tracked vehicles *shudder*.
"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else"
-Winston Churchill

"You think health care is expensive now? Wait until its free!"
-P.J. O'Rourke

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Permaculture Entrepreneur
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 07:28:09 AM »
I imagine there will be, many boating accidents after today. Who would have thought a metal safe filled with guns and ammo wouldn't float? Aircraft carriers and destroyers float, they are made of steel and they got more guns on them than I had. Who would have thought the same physics wouldn't apply. Golly Gee Andy, I thunk that would have worked. Must have been my government education. What a tragic loss, every gun I owned at the bottom of the lake. It was dark, so I am not sure exactly where it went down.  :o
www.wolfbeachfarms.com

Co-Founder and Educator at www.midwestsustainable.org

Aquaponics/Permaculture Entrepreneur

"You have a moral obligation to screw the government every chance you can." G-pa Wolf

Offline flippydidit

• Dedicated Contributor
  • Keep 'em shooting!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:15 AM »
Chemsoldier,

Careful now.  Us mechanized infantry types tend to have short tempers and big guns.   ;D
Nate
Military/civilian gunsmith/machinist
CEO and Founder of PermEscapes
PermEscapes
PermEscapes on Facebook

"One of these centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force."
— Ragnar Danneskjöld, from Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)

Offline CR Williams

• Survivalist Mentor
    • In Shadow In Light
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
Republicans still hold the house, and there's still all the organizations such as the NRA that will provide warning and delays to any actions attempted. There should be time to decide about specific adjustments to actions once you receive any cautions. Sure, maybe set some long-term 'what-if' kinds of plans up, just like you do for any prepping action. Panic, though...panic and emotional reactions...no, that's not the way to go. That's what liberals do, remember. They act from feeling, not thinking. So think some and then do what seems best after that.

Ladies and gentlemen, look for opportunities to get better and get ahead. They exist no matter who is in the White House and who is in Congress.

And speaking of Congress...Congressional elections of some sort or another will be coming up next. Start working now on taking control of the Senate and increasing control of the House. That's the best way to nullify Obama politically now.
My cats support the 2nd Amendment.

In Shadow In Light - dedicated to the study and advancement of the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »
I imagine there will be, many boating accidents after today. Who would have thought a metal safe filled with guns and ammo wouldn't float? Aircraft carriers and destroyers float, they are made of steel and they got more guns on them than I had. Who would have thought the same physics wouldn't apply. Golly Gee Andy, I thunk that would have worked. Must have been my government education. What a tragic loss, every gun I owned at the bottom of the lake. It was dark, so I am not sure exactly where it went down.  :o

Heck I was drunk too, so I don't remember which lake...
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security.
They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all - security,
comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again."
- Edward Gibbon

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »
Any decision made in fear is going to be a bad decision.  Take some time and think about it before doing something rash.
F_M
Check out my blogs at The Homestead Fritz and Camping With Fritz

Offline Shaunypoo

• Dedicated Contributor
  • "He is a platypus, they don't do much." - Phineas
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 08:14:13 AM »
How much do you want for them?
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”  Robert Heinlein

"There's this new thing called Situational Awareness!"  Sterling Archer

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 08:15:24 AM »
Well I have some sad heartbreaking news.  As some of you know how excited I was that we finally got a 4x4 truck.  Bought it old and used to save money.  Well hubby and myself were so excited to go out fishing hunting and target practicing  We found a nice place by the river.  Set up camp.  It was great.  I climbed into the back of the truck to open up the tool box so I could hand the guns out to hubby.  That's when it happened!

The bank started to give way.  As the bank and the truck started sliding down towards the river Hubby was yelling JUMP! IT'S GOING IN!  GET OUT!  I franticly tried to get to the back edge of the bed when I was thrown back hit my head.  The next thing I knew water was rushing all around me and I felt this force pulling me down ward.  As I came up for a breath I was flaying my arms when my hand hit something hard.  I grabbed hold will all my might.  Hubby was still holding the shot gun that I had just handed him seconds earlier.  He was able to pull me to safety.   

As I stood up on what was left of the bank I watched the last bit of the truck go all but under as it was being washed down river.    Very scary I am lucky to be alive.  And well at least we have one gun left.  Only it was the broken gun that didn't shoot.  Hubby had brought it along to see if he could repair it. You know something to do around the camp fire.    Even though it may not work we will hang it on the wall as a reminder that guns do save lives.  The truck? Well as it washed down river it got hung up on a underwater log.  So they were able to retrieve it.  Sadly all the contents had been washed away or sunk down to the deep part of the river lost forever. 

It was a sad terrifying day at least we got the truck back and we are all safe.  Lesson learned don't take all your guns with you on one trip.  Don't park so close to the rivers edge especially after heavy rains.   Don't take your side arm off.  Which we had done while unpacking the truck.  I stupidly felt it was in the way as I was climbing in and out of the truck.  So laid it on the tail gate.    I was going to say use a boat for fishing but after reading about all the tragic loss from you guys I see a boat can be just as dangerous.    ;)

Seriously don't sell your guns in a rush.  The only reason to sell them is if YOU no longer want them.  If you don't since I have lost all mine  ;)  What ya got and how much do you want for them?  ;)
There is no $50 job that I can't do without a $100 worth of new tools.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:52 AM »
Seriously don't sell your guns in a rush.  The only reason to sell them is if YOU no longer want them.  If you don't since I have lost all mine    What ya got and how much do you want for them?

Man, didn't think about that? Yeah, since I lost all mine too, would be interested....I barter though, sales may indicate "tax" records and "sales tax" and "FFL tax" and "cost of living tax", "Support stupid tax", "federal tax", "state tax", "city tax" so I would trade with ya....

I wouldn't get rid of them. I would go and admire them one last time, at night, in a boat, all alone, in a lake where it is quiet, by yourself, and no one will see you loose them....cry over gov coming to take them. maybe a drink or two will help ease your pain. Be sure to bring them ALL though. Be careful...accidents happen...
www.wolfbeachfarms.com

"You have a moral obligation to screw the government every chance you can." G-pa Wolf

Offline Roundabouts

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »
Man, didn't think about that? Yeah, since I lost all mine too, would be interested....I barter though, sales may indicate "tax" records and "sales tax" and "FFL tax" and "cost of living tax", "Support stupid tax", "federal tax", "state tax", "city tax" so I would trade with ya....

Good point didn't think about that.  I got pigs to trade or and old water logged truck  ;)

Hang in there.  Please don't take this as poking fun at you.  Times may get hard they may not.  That is no different than it was yesterday or last week.  You are not alone and we will ban together. 
There is no $50 job that I can't do without a $100 worth of new tools.

Offline rikkrack

• Dedicated Contributor
    • Wolf-Beach Farms
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »
Hang in there.  Please don't take this as poking fun at you.  Times may get hard they may not.  That is no different than it was yesterday or last week.  You are not alone and we will ban together.

Exactly this ^^^^^^  I would not hand them over willingly...even if I still had them. In no way was I attempting to belittle or offend. Feel the frustration too, but nothing has happened today, or will tomorrow. There will be lots of people up in arms if things start to go down that dark path. And it won't happen overnight.

Sometimes you have to look as the a$$ clowns and just laugh. Because they are clowns.
www.wolfbeachfarms.com

Offline Vulcan

• Senior Survivalist
    • My 13-In-13 Page
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 09:09:08 AM »
Dude, I live in California. I don't want to hear anything about your gun rights being taken away. I can't have more than ten in a clip or a removable magazine in an AR or AK.

Offline PrepperJim

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Prepping Means Resiliency and Redundancy
    • Winter Ant
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
I can only imagine the scenario when LEO or National Guard start going house to house attempting to confiscate guns. There would be so many boating accidents, truck accidents, etc

Then of course, they might get the guns and ammo, just in not the way they anticipated...;-)
Member Support Brigade since 3/19/2011
Blog: http://www.winterant.com

“Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it.”

? Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Offline PistolWhipped

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 06:27:55 PM »
Dibs. :D

I'm young.  Full of piss and vinegar.  Strong-willed.  Not yet jaded enough to roll over like a good dog.  I can say one thing.  If "they" ever want to try a mass confiscation, well . . .

You show me yours I'll show you mine.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:34:04 PM by PistolWhipped »

Online endurance

• Dances With Newfies
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
I've put all my guns up on Armslist for a week before pulling the ad.  Not sure if what I was asking was a fair price or not.

Whether any sold or not, I'm not saying. :-X
"There are things that you don't question when your home always smells like baking bread."  From The Hunger Games

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”   James Madison

Offline FreeLancer

• Dedicated Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I know congress critters may not be the brightest, but do you really think the GOP majority in the House wants to be voted out of office in two years because they voted against the 2nd amendment?  I guess they could have a deathwish, but I think they can figure out the political survival calculations.

And, in my opinion, guns should never be sold.  I hang on to the good ones, and share the rest with friends and family.
In times of change learners inherit the earth and the learned find themselves equipped for a world that no longer exists.   Eric Hoffer

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.  Voltaire

Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline bdhutier

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Defensor libertas
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
... there arent enough of us in uniform to take your guns.

Not that most of us would relieve a law-abiding citizen of his weapons anyway.  The constitution still supersedes any Title, Code, or Ordinance. 
Tolerance is the virtue of the man with no convictions.
-- G. K. Chesterton

So go do some PT, then by all means take some ninja classes.
-- Chemsoldier

Offline grizz2225

• Prepper
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
The process for constitutional amendments is a long one. It won't happen overnight. The republicans still have control of the house and the senate is very close to 50/50. I don't think I'd rush out and sell anytime soon. Pay attention and have your finger on the trigger so-to-speak. But I don't think the time is here yet.

On the other hand I wouldn't rush out and buy anything in the next couple years till we know how this will play out. I'm kinda thrown how many people are. What's the thought process here? If they ban them I want to be a felon too?!?!

Offline DrJohn

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
The process for constitutional amendments is a long one. It won't happen overnight. The republicans still have control of the house and the senate is very close to 50/50. I don't think I'd rush out and sell anytime soon. Pay attention and have your finger on the trigger so-to-speak. But I don't think the time is here yet.

On the other hand I wouldn't rush out and buy anything in the next couple years till we know how this will play out. I'm kinda thrown how many people are. What's the thought process here? If they ban them I want to be a felon too?!?!

The thinking is that they will ban NEW sales, if you already have one,mist yours to keep.
"In the end, more than freedom, they wanted security.
They wanted a comfortable life, and they lost it all - security,
comfort, and freedom. When the Athenians finally wanted not to give to society but for society to give to them, when the freedom they wished for most was freedom from responsibility, then Athens ceased to be free and was never free again."
- Edward Gibbon

Offline archer

• every day is sosdd..
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate Survival Veteran
    • Journey to Greener Pastures
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »

banning existing owned firearms would be a disaster and lead to revolution.

From a friend: Benjamin Franklin once said that beer is proof that God loves us.
I'm of the opinion that Redheads are proof that, contrary to popular belief, Satan also loves us.
My small blog: http://journeytogreenerpastures.blogspot.com/

Offline kiteflyer

• Dedicated Contributor
  • The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »
 Only if I know Jesus Christ is coming would be my answer to your dilemma.Remember Thou shall not murder,it's not thou shall not kill. Of course it says also to worry who can take your soul even more then you life.It's the razors edge on this one! One moment at a time! Atonement!

KF
It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams