Author Topic: An utterly real Vehicle Survival Story  (Read 1042 times)

Offline GreekMan

• Dedicated Contributor
  • New TSP Forum member
An utterly real Vehicle Survival Story
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
I have heard stoires of 2CVs running on pulped bananas instead of motor oil, and Land Rovers having the leaf suspension replaced with young palm trees but this far exceeds them all...

French Man Stranded in the Moroccan Desert Remodels His Own Car Into a Motorcycle

http://www.rushlane.com/emile-leray-does-an-iron-man-in-1993-converts-his-broken-car-into-a-motorcycle-in-the-middle-of-a-moroccan-desert-1235012.html

http://cheezburger.com/6393305088

BTW, the pickup version of the 2CV is about to be put in production again!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:34:31 AM by GreekMan »
The Greek Preparedness Blogspot
Content in English
Facebook Page

Offline ID_Joker

• Survivalist Mentor
Re: An utterly real Vehicle Survival Story
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:32 AM »
That's pretty cool.  Reminds me of something you'd have seen in Road Warrior.

Good thing he remembered to attach the license plate!

Offline Eechay

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »
That's so totally badass! Why have I never heard of this before?

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
Screenplay!!!!!  :excited:
"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." -- self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater in his business analysis of Peak Oil, "The Rainwater Prophecy," Fortune magazine, Dec 26, 2005

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." -- CEO of Virgin Airlines, Sir Richard Branson on Peak Oil in CNN's investigative report "We Were Warned: Out of Gas" June 2007/May 2008 03:05

"We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier." --Steely Dan 1983

"... it doesn’t really matter who is removing your civil liberties, whether it is being done by a democratic government, a kleptocracy, a dictatorship or even the green police. When your civil rights are gone, they’re gone, and you really are in trouble, no matter how good the cause." --UK journalist Anthony Harrington, "Peak Oil and Collapse Scenarios," QFinance, September, 2011

Our parents used to say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of it."
And now our kids say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of us."

No food shall be grown that Monsanto does not own. (It all started with the disastrous 1980 SCOTUS ruling on Diamond v Chakrabarty. Petition your Congressman to revoke all patents on living things.)

"The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." FDR 1937

The Tin Foil Hat Song by the League of Lady Conspiracists

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
Uh. . .there seems to be some question as to whether this was an actual event.  Read down near the bottom.

The Professor
On "The List" since 1994.  Isn't it about time YOU got on The List?

Yeah, that's right. . ."Professor EMERITUS!"  Now, pardon me while I show up "late" for. . .uh. . .work.

Offline Oil Lady

• Lady oil lady oil la-dy hoo
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • My book needs more humor. My pen needs more salt.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
Uh. . .there seems to be some question as to whether this was an actual event.  Read down near the bottom.

The Professor

Meh ... "based on a true story" is a pretty elastic term now adays. ;) 
"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." -- self-made billionaire Richard Rainwater in his business analysis of Peak Oil, "The Rainwater Prophecy," Fortune magazine, Dec 26, 2005

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." -- CEO of Virgin Airlines, Sir Richard Branson on Peak Oil in CNN's investigative report "We Were Warned: Out of Gas" June 2007/May 2008 03:05

"We've got provisions and lots of beer. The key word is survival on the new frontier." --Steely Dan 1983

"... it doesn’t really matter who is removing your civil liberties, whether it is being done by a democratic government, a kleptocracy, a dictatorship or even the green police. When your civil rights are gone, they’re gone, and you really are in trouble, no matter how good the cause." --UK journalist Anthony Harrington, "Peak Oil and Collapse Scenarios," QFinance, September, 2011

Our parents used to say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of it."
And now our kids say, "Don't worry, the government will take care of us."

No food shall be grown that Monsanto does not own. (It all started with the disastrous 1980 SCOTUS ruling on Diamond v Chakrabarty. Petition your Congressman to revoke all patents on living things.)

"The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself." FDR 1937

The Tin Foil Hat Song by the League of Lady Conspiracists